The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:38:42 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKAC - Atlanta Speedway: August 01, 2018
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Atlanta Motorsport Park - FUN/TEST race - SEAT Leon TCR - Aug 1  (Read 1419 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 09:14:29 PM +0100 »

I would have joined tonights race if it wasn't so hot here. I'm really liking this car, so I hope there'll be another race with it in the future.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 09:39:10 PM +0100 »

awesome car track combo! good to be able to race one of the popular real life race cars at the moment too

if we don't do a wed night series in these I will definitely use them on a sunday night in the future
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 07:55:13 AM +0100 »

These make for very good racing, race 1 was mostly a case of avoiding mistakes after pulling a gap from Fabri. helped by the front row relegated themselves to the pit lane. :p

Race 2 was a blast though,  as far as I could tell it was all Pretty clean despite the every-man-for-himself fight for position!
I passed Jeffrey at some point (no idea how or where yet) which was helpful, as I didn't fancy my chances of paying him here on a clear track.
I held him off nicely then until I caught Matt, even though Matt was lapping fairly quickly and I got lucky with a fairly quick overtake, Jeffrey suddenly appeared right behind me after the long left (T3).

This resulted in a slightly messy but fun 3 way battle for a few corners and then Matt made an error and I got through.
Jeffrey wasn't far behind though and the entire remainder of the race was spent putting in laps that were essentially qualifying laps in an attempt to keep him behind.
I made 1 decent mistake about 2 laps from the end which gave him a run on me, but managed to hold on just.

Great race, I think these would be a popular choice if we ran them in a championship  Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 02:52:23 PM +0100 »

Very funny.
Especially the second race, small contacts and a lot of fights, at one point I had to take a long hike on the grass to avoid a slow/stopped car. Too funny, I laughed alone while I was driving.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:55:04 PM +0100 by Fabri Fibra » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 03:46:17 PM +0100 »

Thanks all for joining, I expected a handful of people, so this was nice (eventhough 9 people isn't a lot).

At the start of race 1 I noticed these things didn't have a clutch  Tongue. So I had to abort my chase on FMG and do a drive through. Had some fun trying to get back, but mostly lonely race.

Race 2 showed me why I'm not a fan of reversed grids. Lot's a sudden braking required as the speed difference was a bit too much  Tongue.

I passed Jeffrey at some point (no idea how or where yet) which was helpful, as I didn't fancy my chances of paying him here on a clear track.
The 2 cars infront of me collided I think and the one right infront lifted off which boxed me in and I had to take the long way around the other side, which is when you came flying past. I knew it was going to be nearly impossible to overtake you now. You car was faster exiting the corners and on the straight, so I'm curious what you did with the setup. I think toe-in at the front helps decrease throttle understeer on FWD, but I didn't test that, not did I really try anything with the setup.
Had fun chasing you tho and with 2 laps to go I had a slight chance, but with all the corners shortly after each-other, it would have been a do-or-die move.

I was positively surprised about the pace of Pete in race 1 and Frex in race 2 (maybe others, but didn't see).  That should bode well for close racing throughout the field.

Great race, I think these would be a popular choice if we ran them in a championship  Smiley
if we don't do a wed night series in these I will definitely use them on a sunday night in the future

These cars could easily make a BTCC style series, if people aren't tyred of the British tracks yet.

Very funny.
Especially the second race, small contacts and a lot of fights, at one point I had to take a long hike on the grass to avoid a slow/stopped car. Too funny, I laughed alone while I was driving.  Grin

Good to hear classic car people enjoying these as well  Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 05:32:36 PM +0100 »

You car was faster exiting the corners and on the straight, so I'm curious what you did with the setup. I think toe-in at the front helps decrease throttle understeer on FWD, but I didn't test that, not did I really try anything with the setup.
Had fun chasing you tho and with 2 laps to go I had a slight chance, but with all the corners shortly after each-other, it would have been a do-or-die move.

That was still the default setup Smiley
All I did for the race was sort the tire pressures after tracking down the Protire LUT files for these cars, and then calculate the fuel I needed for 20 mins +1 lap.

The only 'special' thing I did last night was work out that the tires wouldn't be fully upto pressure in qualy so I raised my starting pressures.
That turned out to be faster than fully warm tires and 'correct' pressures as it meant that when I had optimum pressure I hadn't yet melted my front right on the longer turns yet Wink
The final lap was a second slower though as I was massively over-pressured by then and the tires were massively overheating, so no good for the race sadly.

In the 2nd race I think I could hear you trying to balance the throttle in 2nd out of a lot of the tighter turns right up to the limiter?
On clean laps (i.e. not trying to pass someone) that was generally a bit slower as wheelspin/understeer was almost guaranteed.
I was balancing the car in 2nd until the exit of the corner/throttle point and would then short-shift into third so I could simply bury the throttle and forget about it Grin
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 01:46:54 AM +0100 »

Absolutely agree! 2 races with grid reversed!  Smiley And pre PR-ed in other sites  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 12:25:10 PM +0100 »

After the melee int he first corner in the first race and then with jeff pitting I looked to be head to a good finish of 4th especially as i'm not comfortable in FWD but never really had time before hand to work out fuel. Hastily worked out it would be 15 laps and relied on the default 20L but from the start I was watching the ptracker estimated laps but relaised I was going to be a lap too short.

The results from the first race put me in 6th I think, but on the reverse grip I ended up in first  Shocked

Seemed to be chaos behind me so ended up with a bit of a lead, but didn't take long for FMG and Jeff to close me down just as I went through a phase of forgetting how to drive the fast left then right before the last few corners of the lap. Had no idea where Jeff was but he came through at the next corner in fact it was a bit of a mare as then Fabri came past a few laps later.

I was expecting a bit more lift off oversteer in this car to counter the horrible understeer but never could get it that way.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 04:55:35 PM +0100 »

I have no idea how this thread got pinned, but it can be unpinned. It's actually a good idea to have the next race thread pinned each time tho Smiley.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com