by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:36:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiltshire Tony meets people (an occasional series)  (Read 1697 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2018, 07:55:48 PM +0100 »

Today I had the great pleasure of playing 18 holes of Golf with none other than our very own Misnoimis and a couple of his chums. I had a great time so thanks Mike for a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Mike "The Tree Slayer" and Tony "The Bush Worrier"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:52:15 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:41:49 AM +0100 »

A very enjoyable afternoon. Great fun and a real pleasure to meet up. I’m looking forward to the next time.  Grin
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 06:50:28 PM +0100 »

Today I enjoyed a most entertaining lunch, in the esteemed company of, Geoffers (with Mrs Geoffers) and Clive (the evil one). Great food and company, we must do this again chaps.

Pictured left to right: Geoffers, EvilClive, WT.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:54:42 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:31:08 PM +0100 »

thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 10:54:02 AM +0100 »

Thanks to Tony for organising a very convivial lunch.
 It was a pleasant change to see Geoffers' face, full frontal in the real world, instead of his virtual tailpipes in GTL land.

Regrettably my better half (and registered minder) was unable to join us, but it was a pleasure to meet some other simracing widows and hear how they pass the same comments about you guys that I hear within our household.  Wink. Excellent food and great company, although on the way home I wondered if I had hogged the conversation a little?? Sorry if I did, but it was just because it was great to actually make human contact with the names that we race against each week. I promise that next time I will try and listen more than I speak  Wink ( that is why I usually have a minder and sore ribs  Hit with a wet fish. )

Rather cunningly, after a wonderful meal and whilst my defences were down, Tony switched things around and I was conned  Undecided  into arranging a future meet where perhaps more of you fellow simracers might care to see each other in the flesh. Castle Combe on a race day was an initial thought (because it was easy for Tony and Geoff to get to ?), but we could consider any venue with, or without, a motor racing connection if it proved a popular choice.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 12:07:46 PM +0100 »

Yeh, many thanks to Tony for organising our little get together over an excellent lunch. Good to finally put some faces to the names we race against each week. Mrs Geoffers & I both look forward to meeting up again in future, whether at Coombe or some other venue. Don't know if either Clive or Tony ever venture to hillclimbs at Prescott or Shelsley Walsh, never been to Prescott but it is on my list of places to visit, so could be another option for a meeting.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:20:46 PM +0100 »

Yeh, many thanks to Tony for organising our little get together over an excellent lunch. Good to finally put some faces to the names we race against each week. Mrs Geoffers & I both look forward to meeting up again in future, whether at Coombe or some other venue. Don't know if either Clive or Tony ever venture to hillclimbs at Prescott or Shelsley Walsh, never been to Prescott but it is on my list of places to visit, so could be another option for a meeting.

Haven’t been to Castle Coombe for years but remember the traffic to and from was pretty bad. Probably be OK for a sprint or club racing. Attended loads of races at Snetterton  and Silverstone and that was the case there.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 02:15:34 PM +0100 »

Strangely enough......hill climb venues are being considered for our Grand Tour.  Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 02:37:19 PM +0100 »

Clive came down to Coombe last year? um year before? when I was doing a sprint there  Grin
Not sure I am venturing south so much this year, Coombe is a fun track, but the organisation
is questionable, depending on which club run it.

Furthest south I am venturing so far this year will be Blyton Park (north of Lincoln) or Loton Park (north west of Shrewsbury)
Loton needs to be on your list CLive. You only ever get 2 practice, and 2 timed runs, but it's a lovely place in the deer park
of sir Michael Leytom. I am doing at least one Harewood, which is a most excellent place to visit, some proper spectating
places, only a few feet fromthe passing cars.

Hopefully your tour will take in at least one of these dates  thumbup1

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/phspok1/Race/2019RaceSeasonMatt.docx

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 02:57:44 PM +0100 »

We are already booked for 3 Sisters and Aintree in early September, with a possible excursion to Anglesey if the weather is good. The hillclimbs sound like fun, and the venues that you mention are worth investigating

Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 03:18:23 PM +0100 »

Not booked for Ty Croes Oct yet, but probably will end up doing it.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 11:37:50 AM +0100 »

The Morgan car Factory, Malvern, Worcestershire.

Mrs Wiltshire and I, spent a very interesting afternoon at the Morgan car factory. We had booked for the guided tour which is highly recommended.

To get to see these iconic cars being hand assembled (no robot's here) was an education and Derek, our tour guide, made the whole experience great fun. We also saw a film crew from Channel 5 doing a feature on some of the Morgan cars.

Well worth a visit  thumbup1

There is also a small museum with many very rare Morgans on display and a shop and canteen. Oh, and a showroom if you feel the need to put in your order. Only a one year waiting list, so plenty of time to convince yourself that you really must get one. BTW they hardly ever de-value so consider it a wise investment  Wink

You can also hire a Morgan for a day (or half day) if you want too. Their website can be found here https://www.morgan-motor.com/

The 3 wheeler
One of the Morgans you can hire
One of the Morgans you can hire
Aluminium and Ash
Finished cars probably waiting for export
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:06:24 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 01:19:18 PM +0100 »

thumbup1 rockon

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 05:51:47 AM +0100 »

Very nice have seen it advertised but my wife thinks a car just as a method of travelling from A to B and has no interest in them!  Roll Eyes  Cry

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 11:53:48 AM +0100 »

Nice photos Tony, thumbup1  must have been interesting to visit the last British owned and still car manufacturing company in the UK. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com