The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:42:37 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5 GT3 Zandvoort: October 07, 2018
October 07, 2018, 09:21:23 PM +0100 - Zandvoort (GP) - RRE Season 5 (2018) GT3 Autumn Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Audi R8 LMS GT3 2 +1:39.837
---
1 41:29.089
---
24 0 1:39.879
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 3 +1:40.380
---
2 +2.167
---
24 0 1:40.221
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Audi R8 LMS GT3 1 +1:39.747
---
3 +6.038
---
24 0 1:40.259
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford Mustang GT3 GT3 4 +1:41.341
---
4 +48.283
---
24 0 1:40.429
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3
---
5 +53.879
---
24 0 1:40.412
---
Yokohama  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 5 +1:42.781
---
6 +1:08.114
---
24 0 1:42.852
---
Pirelli  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) E5 GT3 Autumn Series - Zandvoort - Oct 7  (Read 1993 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2018, 01:10:12 PM +0100 »

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Server: Simracing.org.uk GT3

Practice: 20:00 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (40mins)

Cars allowed: GT3
Track: Zandvoort
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling start
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
(6) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:10:02 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:14:04 PM +0100 »

Back to GT3's in RRE this Sunday!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:51:58 PM +0100 »

Lol i put some laps on Zolder earlier! Doh.

Good as i wasnt getting a good feeling at Zolder. I think i'm just expecting far more grip from the front end, fronts just understeer and slide.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:30:37 AM +0100 »

As the server was set up i stuck to my usual leaderboard challenge. Didnt feel too bad, the tighter corners suiting the porsche a bit better. still need ot experiement on the best way to counter the power-on understeer.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:05:26 PM +0100 »

That was a fun but intense race.

Got pole with a bit of a banzai lap but was aware that Eck was more consistently fast than I was. Got the lead at the start & somehow contrived to keep the car on track & in the lead for over half the race with Eck & Spanner breathing down my neck. Eventually Eck got close enough to outbrake me into the chicane, nearly held on but we had a slight bit of rubbing which got me a little out of shape which allowed Spanner to get by too. Could not stay with them after that so had to settle for 3rd.

Congrats to Eck & Spanner  clap clap, good racing guys.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:28:49 PM +0100 »

After Pete let me past (thanks, but you shouldn't have..) I set about trying to catch the front three. However, all I could do was barely keep the gap constant, and then a couple of brain-fade moments set me right back again. Not my favourite track this, always seem to mess it up somewhere!

Congrats Eck, Mark and Geoff.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 04:34:36 PM +0100 »

After Pete let me past (thanks, but you shouldn't have..)
I was keeping up with the front 3, just, until about 16 / 17 mins into the race when I just lost a chuck of grip from the fronts. The sudden onset of understeer meant losing 5 secs a laps. Changing the way I drove reduced it to 2.5 to 3 secs but the pace had just gone. Holding you up when I was almost stationary in the corners was just plain daft. I didn't want a needless accident, especially one you might have felt culpable for if you went in to the back of me.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:31 PM +0100 »

I really needed that, a car i can drive and being competitive Grin

Actually felt i was being held up a bit so was excited to get past Eck after he had a bit of a wayward lap but following Geoffers a bit too closely resulted in cutting the track and getting a slowdown so back to square one. Watching Eck and Geoffers going two wide through the chicane was a bit eye-openng but  the contact on the exit made me suspect you didnt know Eck was there! Tried to let you carry on but you seemed ot want to let me by. Tried everything to catch Eck but frustrating that i would gain over the first half of the lap, but would drop back over the second half of a lap.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 12:53:42 PM +0100 »

Results are weird. there are two results files for the 9th, which are from the server for Thursdays Norisring.
I guess the server moved on to a race after practice/qual.

Perhaps I used the wrong file by mistake, I will have a play later

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:54 PM +0100 »

Perhaps I used the wrong file by mistake, I will have a play later

lol, that's perfect... surely
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 02:49:36 PM +0100 »

Ha!  What I was asking in a round about way... was has anyone else entered the reults.....

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 12:00:00 PM +0100 »

Any luck on the correct results yet Matt?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 12:12:29 PM +0100 »

Ha!  What I was asking in a round about way... was has anyone else entered the reults.....
If you know the finishing order I can have a go at manually entering the results into LM2

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 08:58:23 PM +0100 »

Do our local PCs' store the results?

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 10:39:44 PM +0100 »

Do our local PCs' store the results?

Yes they do, they are in:

Libraries/Documents/My Games/Simbin/RaceRoom Racing Experience/UserData/Log/Results

However, the actual file is overwritten the next time you race unless you go in & manually rename it beforehand. I don't know if there is a way to set the game so that it automatically does this like you can in GTL & GTR2.

I do have the results file for this race if it is needed, but it is only the race results, there are no qualifying times saved. It also only saves your fastest race laptime, unlike GTL & GTR2 which save all your laptimes for the race. Also, oddly the file contains every drivers details twice!  Huh
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:45:55 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com