The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 04:34:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Race format - what do you prefer
30 minute race - 2 (14.3%)
40 minute race - 2 (14.3%)
2x20 minute race - 10 (71.4%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: New TCR Series  (Read 4572 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2018, 10:13:47 AM +0000 »

in my experience the gaps will be bigger cause you have to drive classic cars in a alien way to get them to go quickly.

not really with the simpler cars like the Alfas, but yes can be with the 'more grunt than grip' classic bruisers, especially when you dont practise with them beforehand  Wink. The tipo33's are one step up from the GTA really in terms of performance/handling but nice and controllable. Maybe we should build back up in the classics world by starting with the GTA's  Smiley

Modern series i'm thinking Lotus Exige V6 Cup or Evora GTC, again both reasonably simple cars that should be able to race closely. Though the Evora might make the men from the boys stand out  Undecided
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:18:35 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2018, 10:48:30 AM +0000 »

For me Alfa GTA or Stradale choice means only one : Stradale33 due a millions reasons. Not keeping in mind her not so good gears and longest gears shift time when using my paddles.
I will not drive GTA in series due million reasons too  Smiley
Again offtop guys  Grin

PS
For me  Lotus Exige V6 Cup or Evora GTC (GX) choice means only one : Evora GTC (GX) due a millions reasons. Not keeping in mind her not so good gears and longest gears shift time when using my paddles.
But how a said earlier- this  GTC (or GX) cars needs setup partially fixed by Jeff , Fabri or Felix or by any experienced pilot and might not to be extremal. So much as possible including gears. It this case only it will be popular and have sustained interest in ppl mass  Smiley

PPS All of above is IMO, ofcource  Smiley

Again offtop guys  Grin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:24:11 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2018, 11:29:12 AM +0000 »

Try a grid of Alfa Tipo33's  Smiley

Haven't tried those yet, but they seem quite a lot faster than the GTA and I think the GTA is the perfect mix between speed and driveability to arrange close racing.

But how a said earlier- this  GTC (or GX) cars needs setup partially fixed by Jeff , Fabri or Felix or by any experienced pilot and might not to be extremal. So much as possible including gears. It this case only it will be popular and have sustained interest in ppl mass  Smiley

You've got my TCR setup, it doesn't get more extreme than that and so far everybody hated that setup, so a fixed setup is a bad idea IMO.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2018, 11:38:03 AM +0000 »

You've got my TCR setup, it doesn't get more extreme than that and so far everybody hated that setup, so a fixed setup is a bad idea IMO.
Your setups for TCR is very useful and driveable even its containing an extremal values.  Hit with a wet fish Its depends of phisics of car. TCR v1.4 cars is not ideal for true phisics so your values is well suitable now.  Smiley Shaun was update it this times for better aero balance and other things.
In better car principle phisics fixed set will looks more better in values  and driveable for all.  Wink
A lot of leagues using fixed setup due wants to be champs less load of work in setup and making races more popular and fun angel
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:46:23 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2018, 11:50:28 AM +0000 »

It's really hard to find cars which are equal for all, back in No-grip we did series with 70's cars and we had rule if that top 3 drivers need to change car for next race or rest of the season. It was bit complicated so I can remember accurate how was rules precisely, but it worked very well. In public servers old DTMs are quite equal, some cars are faster in particular track and so on, if you just look power/weigth ratio, they just numbers, not whole truth. I'm personally happy to drive anywhere with BMW against Alfa, what comes to Merc, that [vulgarity removed] needs slap in face to stop understeering imho.... Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:02:35 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2018, 11:53:41 AM +0000 »

is it possible to move posts to another thread? (to moderators) - cant see an option for me to do it or i would. (would like these last 6 or so moved to 'Next series' thread).

Re the Alfas & exige, @ Baikal, i think you are trying to say you wont race either because you dont have a manual shifter? But that affects 99% of the available cars. Sadly i cannot accomodate (or Please!) everyone.

I get what you are saying about a fixed setup for the evoras, but everyone has their own driving style and therefore tweaks a setup to what feels right or good for them. What we ideally need is a good base setup for all to use (better than the usually crappy defaults)and then everyone can just make a few tweaks to personal taste, ie more/less understeer or oversteer.  Someone like FMG, nfsw or Felix would be ideal for that. Jeff is too alien  Wink

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2018, 12:07:47 PM +0000 »

Re the Alfas & exige, @ Baikal, i think you are trying to say you wont race either because you dont have a manual shifter? But that affects 99% of the available cars. Sadly i cannot accomodate (or Please!) everyone.

No no, Mark. My crying for gear shifts ( paddles i am using or manual)- it's only my own problem\decigion  Smiley It's not depends of car choice, do not keep in mind it Smiley 

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2018, 12:38:56 PM +0000 »

okay bud no problem  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2018, 12:45:36 PM +0000 »

It's really hard to find cars which are equal for all, back in No-grip we did series with 70's cars and we had rule if that top 3 drivers need to change car for next race or rest of the season. It was bit complicated so I can remember accurate how was rules precisely, but it worked very well. In public servers old DTMs are quite equal, some cars are faster in particular track and so on, if you just look power/weigth ratio, they just numbers, not whole truth. I'm personally happy to drive anywhere with BMW against Alfa, what comes to Merc, that *** needs slap in face to stop understeering imho.... Cheesy

yeah it gets a bit complicated swapping cars and drivers. I wouldnt know how to do that for the behind the scenes admin side here. If i let the fast guys here take an Alfa they would destroy the rest of us in the other two cars. Have thought a few times of grading the regular drivers here like they do in the real world, ie gold, silver, bronze as that would help making certain cars available to drivers, so if your a bronze you get choice of all 3 DTM cars, silver could only take the Merc or BMW and gold just the BMW or a ballasted E90. But think it all gets a bit grey when you have to decide if someones a fast silver or a slow gold...for example.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:02:59 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2018, 01:02:33 PM +0000 »

In GTL land we would make the first race a free choice (nearly everyone takes the fastest car natch).

Remaining races we limit top 3 in champ table to slowest car, next 3 to slowest car + next slowest car, etc etc

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2018, 01:04:04 PM +0000 »

Please keep the language civil...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2018, 01:06:44 PM +0000 »

In GTL land we would make the first race a free choice (nearly everyone takes the fastest car natch).

Remaining races we limit top 3 in champ table to slowest car, next 3 to slowest car + next slowest car, etc etc

that could work  Smiley though that does restrict the fast 3 to only one car which might not be their preference (ie fave car brand/model). Would make for some closer racing though with lower grid guys able to attack in the fastest car.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2018, 01:10:45 PM +0000 »

Only if they remain the fast three  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2018, 01:23:28 PM +0000 »

About paddles-shift
I never used the paddles for old cars, so I probably don't know much about the matter. But seeing the times of some hotlappers and having participated in some races where the first pilots were quick and used paddles, I think there is a chance to fix it. The nice thing is that these pilots have top level wheel-steering, so they prefer to use paddles to be faster. Realism is not important for them. 2 pedals and hands always on wheel-steering.
Alexey, if I remember well, you wrote about a program for reduce the shifting-time using paddles, maybe you can try use this.

About Alfa GTA and 33 stradale
The GTA is more funny, with a typical handling of a RWD car with engine in front. Take a GTA at Magione, than take a TCR and you'll see what I mean with the word "fun". Alfa 33 stradale has a good sound and a good design, nothing else, almost in AC.
Talking about real life, Alfa GTA was the most important car in national series and also raced in international things. Some F1 and prototypes pilots started with this car. Alfa 33 stradale was a supercar, 18 were were built. A nice car for movies and pics.
Said that I'm not a fan of both, but I prefer the GTA. Not sure if it is a good idea mix mod cars too, maybe not.

Fixed setup, no thanks. I did some races in the public server of AndyR and V8 (fast guys) and they have a fixed setup. For me the car was really bad, totally different setups way and driving style maybe. I like close differential.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2018, 01:42:48 PM +0000 »

Yeah, something like that it was, fast drivers are still fastest even with slower cars. We drove 90 mins races that time so it wasn't all about raw speed, fuel consumption, tyre wear and other things equalize pace nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com