The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 01:39:36 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR Endurance Special - Laguna: May 07, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Endurance Special - Laguna Seca - 7th May  (Read 13573 times)
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2006, 02:46:02 PM +0100 »

So after overtaking some lunatic in a Morgan!!! Wink ...
Lunatic in a Morgan?  That'll be me then - although why "lunatic"?? ... was looking forward to a bit of a tussle after we went past Maverick on either side after T2 .... but beaching twice on lap 2 left me a lap behind the leaders, and I was getting more than a little frustrated.
Lunatic, just a Penguin use of words m8 Cheesy
Tussle would have been nice, but I don't think I had more than 10 laps without some form of trouble, so would have been hard to stay together, hehe! Maybe next addon we take the Elise Wink Cheesy

T
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 04:08:12 PM +0100 »

Just so you guys don't feel bad about Laguna Seca,

The Rolex Grand American race series raced at Laguna the same day as your race - Daytona Prototypes and GT cars.  The race was conducted under full course yellow about half the race and there were to many spins/off tracks to count, especially cars coming down the corkscrew.  So if the real pros had that tough a time, you have to figure it's a bear of a track.

[This space for rent]
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2006, 04:18:45 PM +0100 »

That's a comfort.  Smiley

Also, some say its harder to do it in a sim than for real, as you can't feel the car (yet) with your a$$.  Cheesy
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2006, 05:06:04 PM +0100 »

Also, some say its harder to do it in a sim than for real, as you can't feel the car (yet) with your a$$.  Cheesy

You know what was interesting about that race, is that early on in the day the Cheever DP tried to pass inside another DP coming down one of the corkscrew turns and the car in front turned into Cheever, busting up his front end.  Cheever got a penalty for dangerous passing and he was later interviewed bitching about how it was a bad call by the stewards and it was the car in front's fault for not seeing him.  I watched the pass attempt myself and thought "wow...that would be a tough pass even for GTR".  So I don't know, we setup rules based on the fact that the car in front probably can't see you at all and there you go, same problem in real life.

[This space for rent]
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2006, 05:17:55 PM +0100 »

That's why its called 'seat of the pants' driving  Tongue
In the sim racing world its called driving on an office chair (or in my case a battered kitchen chair) so there's quite a bit of feedback missing.

The only true g-force simulation with the momo wheel is that the pedals slide forward under the table when we brake  Grin
Pity they dont slide back out when we accelerate laugh
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2006, 06:03:57 PM +0100 »

I have my pedals firmly attached to my desk. Doesn't slide anywhere.  Smiley
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:25 AM +0100 »

Mine are sliding all the time...

And I got loads more excuses why I'm so slow! Tongue Tongue Tongue

punk

T
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2006, 02:29:40 AM +0100 »

Did anyone tabluate any qual/race times for this event? I need some benchmarks for myself.

[This space for rent]
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2006, 02:35:58 AM +0100 »

Results for that event are here Smiley

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com