The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 07:23:18 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A12 Hidden Valley: October 14, 2018
October 14, 2018, 09:10:16 PM +0100 - Hidden Valley - UKAC Season 12 V8 Supercars
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC 1 1:08.135
---
1 41:00.809
---
34 1:08.241
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 5 +27:45:31.864
---
2 +1L
---
33 1:09.372
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 2 +0.564
---
3 +2L
---
32 1:09.347
---
Dunlop  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 4 +2.389
---
4 +3L
---
31 1:10.268
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 3 +1.964
---
5 +4L
---
30 1:10.070
---
Dunlop  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Itamar Yativ
 CORE Racing
Holden Commodore VF V8SC ---
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
V8SC
1:08.135
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Nissan Altima L33October 14, 2018, 09:10:16 PM +0100
A12
Assetto Corsa
V8SC
1:08.241
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Nissan Altima L33October 14, 2018, 09:10:16 PM +0100
A12
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC V8 Supercars - Hidden Valley - Oct 14  (Read 2102 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:11:23 PM +0100 »

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (40 minutes)

Cars allowed:
Holden Commodore
Ford Falcon
Nissan Altima

You will require the following Mod's installed on your PC:

V8SCORSA
http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/downloads.html (The 4K 2018 version with the 1.1 patch)

Track: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21ALNWKQFhSux7UI4&id=E133082BACCAFA73%2141935&cid=E133082BACCAFA73

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: 1 pitstop for fuel or tyres to be taken after the first 10 mins and before the last 10 mins

Ballast:

not being used as we cannot get it to work consistently

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
 [/quote]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:32:40 AM +0100 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:11:50 PM +0100 »

The practice server is up for the next round at Hidden Valley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 07:41:11 AM +0100 »

thumbup1

School is important, but race cars are importanter
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 07:47:08 AM +0100 »

Don't forget we are back in the V8's tomorrow night.

FYI I will be starting the server at 7:45pm instead of 8pm on race night, but Qualifying and Race times are still the same. I have updated the post at the top of the thread.

I have done this as I am having problems logging on to the server on race nights (took me over half an hour on Wednesdays TCR race and i ended up missing the first race Sad )
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 07:58:32 PM +0100 »

The server files seem to have gone wrong again, I'm in Heimgartner's car this week?
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:44:45 PM +0100 »

The server files seem to have gone wrong again, I'm in Heimgartner's car this week?

not sure what is wrong, I haven't touched the driver file for several races
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 08:10:42 AM +0100 »

Pweww. These cars are quite intens! Don't know why there aren't more of us racing these beasts. Anyhow, it was a good race. After lap 6 I spun after gassing it on the slippery curbs, after rejoining it directly gave me blue flags. Some kind of bug with the standings. Kept my head down and regained my 2 place behind FMG, who was in a league of his own.

Then in the final laps i had a mosquito bugging me and made me run a bit wide at the final turn, where i encountered an invisible wall or something. So i thought i would have some serious damage and re-did my pit strategie for repairs. But when i got going again the car seemed fine. That only led Frex get passed me again and could not catch him again before the finish line.
Thanks for racing guys, mucho fun

frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 11:42:35 AM +0100 »

Also enjoyed it - only 5 starters, but after FMG's early stop we were all running in a train for a while. Which was nice.

But yeah, some odd things going on with the timing, not sure if pitstop related. I was shown as P2 soon after the stops, but I don't think I was. And how did I manage to do a 27 minute qually lap, when the session was only 15 minutes long..!?

Last time we had plenty of Altimas on the server, this week only 1. That's not enough when FMG, Larry and myself are all supposed to be in it (others have also taken it in previous races). As said before, taking another car means we can't see our setup, so either have to back out of the game and copy it across, or remember the changes made and build it up again from scratch. Not a huge issue, but mildly annoying when you join with not many minutes of qually left..

The car is massive fun though, and I also don't get why the series is not more popular. Congrats FMG.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 12:02:24 PM +0100 »

The car is massive fun though, and I also don't get why the series is not more popular. Congrats FMG.

Sorry but i will tell..
If no strange to see 1+1+1+1 Laps gap to leader, that yes. It's a very fun series.  Wink  Undecided
May be it's time to use more user friendly  cars and tracks ( high quality, tested) in such hard real life times? It's just my IMHO.  Smiley
Sorry for my criticism but i still want to racing here.  Smiley But i can't because of that..  Cry
PS. One thing i know for now. AC is still in live due ACC is SO EARLY to be ready for really good  for races. May be 0.5-1 years will not enough to bring true comfort and quality for racing in ACC.. So, it's still no alternative for us using AC. AC ( was made ( and still making) with MODERS and FANATS love and passion first of all) is still great! Still pfenomenal. Sometimes, mod content was made more better ( in tyres for example, which kunos not full tuned and really finished due mercantile and money\time reasons )  There are a lot of cars and high quality tracks to have a good and popular series here.
If we'll be latent to initial cars\ tracks choices- we will always have a 4-5 pilots in races here. In approx 0.5-1year races calendar..  With gap 1-2-3-4-5 or more laps to leader.  
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:16:00 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 01:24:20 PM +0100 »

@FREX - The reason there was only one Altima last night was because there is only 16 pitboxes at Hidden valley. When I created the car list for the server I listed the Fords, then Holdens, then Datsuns. I then change the total number of competitors in the CFG file to suit the track, unfortunately this means that at certain tracks such as Hidden valley we lose the last few entries on the list. This was the last track with less than 20 pitboxes so the problem should not occur again Smiley

Was a good race with some closely fought battles, I managed to stay in touch for the first half of the race, but when I tried pushing I made a mistake and swapped ends so dropped back.

These cars are very rewarding to drive as they are fast but without all the GT3 driver aids so you have to be gentle with the brakes and Throttle pedals!

We have got some interesting tracks coming up in the lead up to xmas:

Queensland Raceway, Sydney Motorsport Park, Sandown & Mount Panorama Bathurst
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 02:28:05 PM +0100 »

I can only partly agree with you Alexey. Yes these cars require a different approach to driving them fast, but that's part of the fun I think. I love being on my limit with the car, slipping and sliding lap after lap, knowing well if get it wrong it will spat me off. Its just very similar like the real cars are.
And I am sure if more people would put in the effort to attend, these races could be quite close. Like Frex said we did a lot of laps like a freight train. Good fun! Keep em coming SRW.  Cool

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 03:24:12 PM +0100 »

I am very respecting UKAC staff, SRW and others, and his traditions.  I just want's to be UKAC more popular in ppls and races. Smiley I just dont like to see 5 pilots in grid... If it will be 15-20 continues- i'll be happy and'll  want to join!  Tongue
I just for remember - AC times in not finished at all!  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 05:29:32 PM +0100 »

The reason it isn't 15-20 is because people don't join though. Tongue Although I'm not sure they're actually being advertised outside of this site??

The only difference between these and the TCR's is the fact that they are RWD, actually have power and a proper gearbox, and lack in aero.
Otherwise you have a series full of nicely modelled, beautifully skinned, accurately behaving (I've owned a V8, 4 door saloon with a welded diff in my past - not as quick obviously (Rover V8) but I can assure the handling is right - I've also seen nearly every race since 2008 in full), and with identical physics for all models.

As for the tracks, they don't really matter unless you're on your own with no-one to race - part of my reason for pitting early, I wanted to have to fight back through the pack even if it was only until everyone had pitted. I only lapped 1 car as I remember it, and that was because he'd spun off and got stuck somewhere Wink .
Unless they look like the Bedford Autodrome Beta, then I'd agree with you.

The rest of the guys normally seem to have a good scrap amoung themselves - I could do with some of our aliens turning up to give me a hard time though, 10 years of listening to ex-champions telling me how to drive these things on the telly seems to have given me an unfair edge.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 06:17:39 PM +0100 »

I agree with FMG and the others. I don't participate in this series because I have not enough time to dedicate for it in addition to the regular championship on Wednesday, having also to learn the circuits (which I don't know at all) and have to spend time for air-sim too (my other hobby).
I like cars that are hard to drive, cars that put a strain on the driver. Gaps are often due to little training by some players. I remember a lot of races really close with the 962 (i did all season in close battles with FMG). Also races event with the Lotus 25 were really close.
I found this racing-group because of the championship with the 25; groups that are racing with GTs or similar things there are thousands out there ...

A small personal observation, I'm not a big fan of mods, I always prefer the original AC content.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 06:19:00 PM +0100 »

I am talking not about you, FMG.  Smiley  I know and always see that you are a true full metal gasket (in good value means)  laugh And i respecting it! . I am just talking about 5 pilot in this series in laps +1 and further. In my opinion, it's too small amount to race it in 0,5 year calendar. May be i am wrong but it might to be more mass racing. If you like to be one of 5 in year- good. I am calm here, respecting a choice. If SRW and others 5 pilots are fully satisfied  too- good  Smiley But for me when i see a table 5 pilots in such laps gaps- sorry, i do not understand the target and price in time... Yeah, may be it's my own ( still "russian") problem  Cheesy
And yes , btw TCR series have a different approach with no less fun in overall , but more pilots comed in this moment, with more (true italian  Smiley ) passion and interest . Smiley It was a main target here btw. Let it be so, i hope Smiley

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com