The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:35:57 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E5DTMTC Norisring: October 11, 2018
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 5 (2018) Race Room DTM TC - Norisring - Oct 11  (Read 1020 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2018, 08:53:14 PM +0100 »

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:28 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:08 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: DTM92 ( - Nissan) + Touring Classics
Track: Nurburgring
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and the relevant Tracks for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:27:19 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Riccardo Gengotti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:05:56 PM +0100 »

I do not like this track but I'm there
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 07:08:01 PM +0100 »

Not a very exciting track Riccardo. But, it is a track that was used by DTM in 1992, that is why it is in this series
I have tried where possible to recreate the 1992 season of DTM

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:36 PM +0100 »

My head was never in the right place for tonight's race and RRE is giving me real grief sound wise each time I start it. My default sound device is the motherboard's sound card yet for some reason the sound is being intercepted and comes out of the Rift headphones, which I use for TeamSpeak. Seems to be random what I do to fix it but it wasted another 10 mins tonight.

Not being in the best frame of mind I'm afraid I bailed after I spun out. No stomach to put up with more pain.

Riccardo Gengotti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:11:48 PM +0100 »

nice race congratulations
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:17:40 PM +0100 »

Excellent race  Grin
Lots of passing, and people being bumped off, made for a variable race. Gavino had some competition from John
and Geoffers was up there for a while too. 
Sometimes simple tracks produce close racing, as it was tonight.

There will be a delay with the results, as it is refusing to accept the file. It claims wrong layout
We have used this track before without issues. In the results .xml file it claims GandPrix as the layout
but our system only has "Norisring". I will have a play over the weekend.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 11:27:56 PM +0100 »

Excellent race  Grin

Indeed!

Swerved to avoid Spanner at the last corner on lap 1 and hit the wall. Feared it would be a lonely race  after that, but eventually caught the group ahead and the fun ensued with lots of frantic action. Sorry Matt for the mis-judgement at the hairpin. Lost a place to Spanner at the last corner of the race when I had another "loss of drive" moment, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Congrats podium.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 12:17:22 PM +0100 »

Yep, good race, even though I spent most of it on my own.

Hadn't tried the Volvo before last night, got half hour practice before joining the server & got a half decent setup together. Really surprised to get 2nd on the grid, but threw that away with a poor start & not enough commitment into T1.  Roll Eyes  First 2-3 laps were poor too as I messed up T1 on 2 successive laps trying to get past Eck, even though he was giving me plenty of room. Eventually got past & quickly began to close on the front three but then either they got a move on or I slowed down because I never did catch up with Riccardo. Anyway was fun chasing, Volvo handles a bit more like the old cars in GTL which probably explains how I felt at home in it.  Grin

Congrats to Gavino, John & Riccardo.  clap clap clap
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:19:19 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 08:29:06 PM +0100 »

First 2-3 laps were poor too as I messed up T1 on 2 successive laps trying to get past Eck, even though he was giving me plenty of room.

After a lucky clean start, I knew I'd just hold Geoff up. I was trying to just stay out of the way, giving him leave to stay with the front three. In doing so, I gave up a place to Martin too. Got Martin back, at the final hairpin on that same lap. For a further lap, or two, it looked all too likely, I'd give it back again. I did eventually get a gap, which eroded as Martin and Dieter fought, egging one another on. After their contretemps, I was safe to the end, slowing all the while.

Grats Gavino, John, Riccardo and all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com