by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 03:55:35 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL GTC-76 Night Race: April 21, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL GTC-TC-76 Night Race - 21st April  (Read 7641 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2006, 09:00:36 PM +0100 »

It's a zip file - you need to extract it.
Oops Embarrassed, I feel dumb now laugh. But the image of the file was the same of a .vcr file. It didn't change in a zip-file-image. Roll Eyes

The VCR files are Zip files themselves, that's why they don't compress at all with Zip. Wink But it's useful to Zip them up anyway, partly so the results exports can go in the archive, and partly so that when you download them you can check their integrity instead of just loading them into the game and hoping.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2006, 09:57:31 PM +0100 »

Well it was a spur of the moment decision to race and I have to say I really enjoyed the night racing.
I turned off the lights (in the house) after a couple of laps and it was way better, and easier to see. I was totally immersed in it and was lucky enough to have great fps too.
Just occured to me afterwards that leaving the lights on while night racing is a bit like racing with the car interior light on LOL

Had a blast with SBG and really enjoyed the close racing - glad to hear you enjoyed too m8 cause when you left I thought I had pissed you off or somthing Kiss

Anyway, here's a picture of why I enjoy night racing, especially with graphics as good as GTL
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2006, 10:33:54 PM +0100 »

I made a video of the race. This is only my 3rd video, and I enjoy making them, so every material I get for a video, I grap with both hands Cheesy.
This video should not be taken seriously, I was just surprised how it turned out. This time the song is Eye of the tiger, because I felt like Rocky heading towards an impossible win  gun_bandana....oops, that's the other Stallone nono

Rapidshare

You guys know more host sites, besides Rapidshare and easy-sharing? Thanks in advance, and hope you enjoy the vid. Cheesy
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:15 AM +0100 »

How do I download that Ruskus?

I've never worked out RapidShare. Must be missing something obvious. I click on your link, then i click on the FREE button near the bottom. It comes up with another page which i can't see any links on to actually download the file, just a load of payment options at the bottom.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2006, 11:57:21 AM +0100 »

How do I download that Ruskus?

I've never worked out RapidShare. Must be missing something obvious. I click on your link, then i click on the FREE button near the bottom. It comes up with another page which i can't see any links on to actually download the file, just a load of payment options at the bottom.

You have to wait while a download timer thing ticks down, then some choices and a "type these 3 characters to prove that you're not a robot" box comes up.

"I think he didn't see me with my lights off" - er, no, Paul had just gone off and I was avoiding running into the back of him as he rejoined!

ps. Driving without lights at night is not big and not clever and not allowed by our rules. If you really want to run without headlights you always have the option of making some cosmetic adjustments by driving headlong into a barrier. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:59:53 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2006, 12:43:23 PM +0100 »

What about harrasing people during the warm up lap?  Wink
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2006, 02:38:46 PM +0100 »

cutting room floor I think Don  Cheesy
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2006, 07:23:41 PM +0100 »

All the comments were not to be taken seriously. I didn't look at the names of drivers in replay, so I don't even know who is who, so I hoep nobody is insulted by this video.
But the start for me wasn't dark at all. Later in the race it became darker so I turned my headlights on.

Oh, I wasnt harrasing, but I was warming up my brakes. Accelerating, and then slamming the brakes while holding the throttle a little. Not warming the brakes is a common mistake in warm-up laps. Everybody swirve (sp?) from left to right to warm the tires, but they forget the brakes.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:29:16 PM +0100 by Ruskus » Logged
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 02:58:17 PM +0100 »

Video has moved here...
http://www.tyfdesk.com/simracing/ruskus/vids/UKGTL.wmv

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors