by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 08:01:13 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19GTLOC Imola: June 12, 2019
June 12, 2019, 08:42:09 PM +0100 - Imola (2007+) - UKGTL Season 19 GTL Originals Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford GT40 (#840) GTC-65 1 38:59.950
84.668mph
18 2:07.644
86.229mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
TVR Griffith 400 (#857) GTC-65 2 +43.509
83.122mph
18 2:09.567
84.949mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
AC Cobra 427 (#859) GTC-65 3 +1:36.711
81.307mph
18 2:11.837
83.486mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
TVR Griffith 400 (#822) GTC-65 4 +2:04.716
80.383mph
18 2:14.007
82.134mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus Elan 26R (#653) GTC-65 1 6:46.625
27.068mph
5 +2:13.316
80.104mph
18 2:14.735
81.691mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford GT40 (#840) GTC-65 6 +2:14.306
80.072mph
18 2:13.513
82.438mph
Dunlop  
misnoimis

Ford GT40 (#840) GTC-65 7 +1L
79.296mph
17 2:13.726
82.307mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ferrari 275 GTB/C (#863) GTC-65 8 +31.842
78.240mph
17 2:17.885
79.824mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Austin-Healey 3000 (#473) GTC-65 9 +4L 14 2:22.783
77.086mph
engine
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
2:07.644
86.229mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ford GT40June 12, 2019, 08:42:09 PM +0100
L19GTLOC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 GTL Originals Cup - Imola - Jun 12  (Read 2305 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 12:19:54 PM +0100 »

FWIW an update on the weird file names that I encountered last night.

As the problem manifested itself in a GTL install, I have checked all of my 8 different GTL's.  The same strange folder name change has occured in about 50% of those, even in one that I kept as a "virgin" copy to use for future series. But in no cases was the 76 car file affected,  and not any of the Extra car folders...... only the 65's??

I am still looking through non GTL folders in case this is a more widespread issue.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 12:50:04 PM +0100 »

bizzare, when I see "red" in names I assume "redistribution" no idea why your files have changed names

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 01:14:49 PM +0100 »

Just rename the folders then. It would be even odder if it manifested itself again.

whistling (X-Files theme music) whistling

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 01:35:15 PM +0100 »

Re-naming of GTL folders is done, but I have left one install with the suffix still in place.

My theory ( which is most likely to be flawed  Wink ) is that I can try to join the server with that install, to see if I get the same negative result. Then, I can quit GTL and immediately correct the folder name and try again.
Assuming that I then join the server and all is OK, then for my befuddled mind it will prove what the problem was and that the solution is simple.

to Matt.
What sort of process would "redistribute" random folders and why might that need to happen?Huh Because I can assure you, there is no way that I have done anything that might have initiated that. You all know that I am techno-phobic and when a PC is working I leave things alone  Wink. The most technical thing I have done on that PC over the past week is turn it on and turn it off. AFAIK there has not even been a Win 10  update!!
But the bigger question is "Why me again??  Undecided"

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 05:34:41 PM +0100 »

Yay, GTC-65 meant GT40 time!!   With Ducfreak's glorious sound mod, this is and remains one of my all-time favorite GTL cars.  Could drive it all day just to listen to it  wub

Back in the days when I raced in GBGTL however, it was always banned from GTC-65 events, due to being faster than all the other cars in the class.  Thus kept a wary eye on the forum, in case anything similar should pop up here.  Could just have asked of course, but didn't dare - no need to give Tony ideas if he hadn't already  whistling   As the race drew closer and still no exclusion of the GT40, it dawned on me that maybe Tony planned on using it himself, with a cunning plan to upstage the usual fast brigade, in case they picked something different..  Wink

Clive was appalled by my number of practice laps.  I can now reveal that he's directly responsible for them  Grin  One of the last times we used the GT40, on Silverstone I believe, he had come up with a brilliant setup, giving him levels of grip I couldn't even dream of.  Have tried to improve my setup before, with limited luck, but gave it another go here.  Despite all the laps, I have to throw in the towel:  The secrets to the GT40's setup is a nut I can't crack, and in the end I did only minor tweaks to my existing one, the main improvement coming from a reduction of negative camber.  From GBGTL days, my best time was a 2:08.5.  Did manage to shave almost 2 secs off that, with a 2:06.6 being my best, so maybe not all wasted.  Have not been able to repeat it though, getting within 1/10 as the closest yet.

Pole was relatively easy to obtain, with most drivers in slower cars, most notably Geoffers & Clive. Had either of these gents picked a GT40, I'm sure it would have looked different!

In addition to setting it up, getting fast off the line is something else I haven't mastered with the GT40 (some would argue it's something I haven't mastered period..  Roll Eyes)  Thus Geoffers grabbed the lead, and while he was in a slower car, he was by no means a pushover.  The straight bits on Imola are just a bit too short, if he got on the power sooner than me when exiting corners. It meant I was not quite there when the next one arrived, unless I had behaved like a bully and forced the issue, but with all the laps to go, that seemed unnecessary. As the GT40 is no braking wizard, I had to be careful not being caught out when he tossed out the anchors, accidentally bumping him off.  Got past on L2, only to run wide immediately after, handing the lead back to Geoffers. Took a few laps to work up to another attempt, but once more I screwed up - started fishtailing out of the hairpin, letting Geoffers roar past again.  After a few more laps, he for once had a squirrelly moment, allowing me to nip past and finally making it stick.  Built a gap of 6 secs over the following laps, but when it suddenly jumped to 17 secs, it was obvious Geoffers had gone off somewhere.  Quiet remainder of the race, with only spice being lapping the slowest cars.

Grats to Geoffers & Matt for completing the podium  clap

Clive's problems does sound strange indeed and I have no idea what could possibly have caused them.  Are any other folders beside GTL's suffixed with 'red' ?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 12:31:05 PM +0100 »

Due to the server problem we will not be publishing Qualy times or a Replay for this event.

Thank you for your understanding and once again a big thanks to Lasse who stepped up and allowed us all to use his server.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2019, 12:41:53 PM +0100 »

Yes, I echo Tony's comments. Thankyou Lasse for the use of the server at such short notice.

Further digging through my PC has not yet unearthed any more rogue files or folders, but the search continues  detective

However, Erlings reminder about my succesful setup with a GT40 at Silverstone set me thinking, and I wondered if I could dig it out of the archives and try my luck at Imola. Just to compare times.
 But when I logged into my GTL originals install and went to the GT40, there is a padlock symbol against that car and I cannot select it. Further roaming through the other options reveals random cars with similar padlock icons against them? Anyone have any ideas?

When I look in "Car Dealer" I get P.O.A against the GT40.Huh I have checked and the "unlock everything" tweak is there.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:54:45 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2019, 12:51:20 PM +0100 »

Due to the server problem we will not be publishing Qualy times or a Replay for this event.

Thank you for your understanding and once again a big thanks to Lasse who stepped up and allowed us all to use his server.

Typical; when you for once have pole position, something like this happens...  Grin

J/K of course; a very big thanks to Lasse (and Tony) for making this event possible despite the odds.

Will you have to rebuild the server install from scratch Tony ? - With all the add on tracks & cars, that must be a major task!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2019, 12:55:14 PM +0100 »

Yes, I echo Tony's comments. Thankyou Lasse for the use of the server at such short notice.

Further digging through my PC has not yet unearthed any more rogue files or folders, but the search continues  detective

However, Erlings reminder about my succesful setup with a GT40 at Silverstone set me thinking, and I wondered if I could dig it out of the archives and try my luck at Imola. Just to compare times.
 But when I logged into my GTL originals install and went to the GT40, there is a padlock symbol against that car and I cannot select it. Further roaming through the other options reveals random cars with similar padlock icons against them? Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE FROM Stoopid!!
I have forgotten to add the unlimited finance tweak to this ( and probably the other installs)..I do not have enough cash to buy the GT40 it appears

Find the GT40 .car file, open it with Notepad, scroll to the bottom, set Value to 0, restart GTL, buy car.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2019, 01:06:19 PM +0100 »

Did not really know what car to pick for this, was not really too bothered about running at the front so ruled out the GT40. Thought about the E-type & even considered the Lotus Elite just for a laugh but thought that would be a bit lonely. Finally decided on the TVR as I thought that it would get me in amongst the 'pack'.

As it turned out even that was too fast so probably would have had a more fun race with the E-type. Having said that the first few laps were good fun trying to keep Erling's GT40 behind, actually lasted longer than I expected as Erling twice got ahead & then obligingly drove off track to let me lead again Tongue. Eventually though he had enough of playing around & disappeared over the horizon. Had a lonely race after that only enlivened by losing it under braking for Rivazza & taking a trip through the kitty litter.

Congrats to Erling on a comfortable win & to Matt in 3rd.  clap clap

PS: Thanks to Lasse for stepping in & providing a server, would be good to see you join us for a few races.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:07:50 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2019, 09:11:53 PM +0100 »

UPDATE FROM Stoopid!!
I have forgotten to add the unlimited finance tweak to this ( and probably the other installs)..I do not have enough cash to buy the GT40 it appears

Find the GT40 .car file, open it with Notepad, scroll to the bottom, set Value to 0, restart GTL, buy car.

I guess that I can do that Tony, and I will have to do that for every car that has the padlock. But do you have any idea what has happened that would cause these random issues?? It just seems odd that everything has been ( relatively ) hassle free, since I got my new rig and adopted the dedicated installs for each series. Then suddenly Folders change names and cars are unavailable???

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 10:16:33 PM +0100 »

UPDATE FROM Stoopid!!

I guess that I can do that Tony, and I will have to do that for every car that has the padlock. But do you have any idea what has happened that would cause these random issues?? It just seems odd that everything has been ( relatively ) hassle free, since I got my new rig and adopted the dedicated installs for each series. Then suddenly Folders change names and cars are unavailable???
No Clive, I have no idea why your getting these random issues.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 10:35:20 PM +0100 »

Sorry Tony, it sounds like I expect you to have all the answers for anything related to GTL Roll Eyes. That was most definitely not my intention.
My question was more of a broader computer/software based query to anyone with greater knowledge than me....so I guess that is everyone  Undecided

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 11:42:31 PM +0100 »

Sorry Tony, it sounds like I expect you to have all the answers for anything related to GTL Roll Eyes. That was most definitely not my intention.
My question was more of a broader computer/software based query to anyone with greater knowledge than me....so I guess that is everyone  Undecided
I actually googled "GTC-65red" and the only result I had was relating to a Red Vauxhall Astra.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 09:18:33 AM +0100 »

That particular site had at least 2 hits then  Wink lol

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com