by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 07:15:04 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19GTLOC Donington Park: December 18, 2019
December 18, 2019, 08:42:52 PM +0000 - Donington Park (GP) - UKGTL Season 19 GTL Originals Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Falcon (#872) TC-65 D2 1 1:53.487
78.607mph
1 42:35.962
76.785mph
22 1:54.275
78.065mph
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Alfa Romeo GTA (#958) TC-65 D2 2 +0.506
78.258mph
2 -4.063
76.907mph
22 1:54.224
78.100mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang (#897) TC-65 D2 5 +2.436
76.955mph
3 -2.590
76.863mph
22 1:54.228
78.097mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo GTA (#958) TC-65 D2 4 +1.470
77.602mph
4 +7.736
76.553mph
22 1:54.930
77.620mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Falcon (#872) TC-65 D2 3 +1.188
77.793mph
5 +13.191
76.391mph
22 1:54.972
77.592mph
Dunlop  
Dominick

Alfa Romeo GTA (#956) TC-65 D2 6 +2.482
76.925mph
6 +34.960
75.749mph
22 1:55.947
76.939mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Falcon (#825) TC-65 D2 7 +2.896
76.651mph
7 +1L
73.326mph
21 1:56.396
76.643mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus Cortina (#904) TC-65 D2 8 +3.130
76.497mph
8 +0.522
73.311mph
21 1:57.539
75.897mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo GTA (#956) TC-65 D2 9 +4.713
75.473mph
9 +15L 7 1:58.054
75.566mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
1:53.487
78.607mph
EvilClive
Qualifying
Ford FalconDecember 18, 2019, 08:42:52 PM +0000
L19GTLOC
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
1:54.224
78.100mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Alfa Romeo GTADecember 18, 2019, 08:42:52 PM +0000
L19GTLOC
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 GTL Originals Cup - Donington Park - Dec 18  (Read 947 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:38:40 PM +0000 »

GTL Originals Cup Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20  (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (22 laps)

Track: Donington Park GP, UK. (Standard GTL Track)

Cars allowed: Any original TC-65 class car

Car restrictions: None

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 05:25:59 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 09:49:42 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

Can drivers please use Notepad and edit the iDonington.gdb file to say TestDayStart = 17:30
                                                                                                       Practice1Start = 11:00
                                                                                                       Qualify1Start = 13:00
                                                                                                       RaceStart = 14:00

Or a download of the edited file can be obtained here http://www.mediafire.com/file/ppjrnry0z9vn3rv/iDonington.gdb/file
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:00:48 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 02:07:53 PM +0000 »

Won't make todays race.  Some old friends from out of town called last night and wanted to meet this PM for lunch.  Small road trip but the weather has cleared up so will go, wife says so!  Will also miss next Mondays race because we have family coming to town for pre-Christmas visits.  Tis the season.........

Bob M.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 08:22:40 PM +0000 »

Hi looks like i will miss this race, get to login okay but cannot get past car selection screen. Hope you all have a good race.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 09:54:33 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 09:56:42 PM +0000 »

Congratulations to Erling who has won the GTL Originals Cup  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

Worthy mention to.........

2nd - Geoffers  clap clap

3rd - EvilClive  thumbup2

Thanks to everyone who took part and made this an enjoyable series.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 11:22:29 AM +0000 »

I really enjoyed this mini-series and the different cars that all seemed quite evenly matched, although maybe Geoffers Abarth was not quite up to speed last night.
I had a setup for the Alfa that I liked, but the lure of the Falcon and a V8 was just too much. I used what was more or less the default setup and applied a few lessons that I had learned recently from Martin, who had sent me a couple of working setups for the F3's etc.....thank you Matt for the education  Wink.
I am always surprised to steal a pole position in any car when there are so many quick cars/drivers in the mix, but getting pole just adds pressure to the start and getting it right  Undecided. I was very aware of Geoffers' lightening start in his new Mustang, as I could see him in my mirrors and just managed to stay ahead into T1.
Geoff's lunge into 2nd spot probably did me a favour I think, because he held Ziu behind for a few laps whilst I tried to escape. Once I had a 4 second lead I concentrated on trying to save my tyres, because I knew that the last few laps might be "awkward".
 It was all working well until Ziu passed Geoffers and threatened to catch me in his Alfa. For the next 10 laps it was a game of trying to be just fast enough to maintain the gap without over stressing what was left of my tyres ( the power of the V8 is addictive, but does not do tyres any favours!!).
With about 5 laps left I was catching Tony and Dan, and Ziu was slowly chipping away at my lead. The pressure got to me and I locked up under braking at a couple of corners and gave away about a second to Ziu  Undecided  Thanks to Tony and Dan for abandoning their race and giving us a clear lapping opportunity  Wink
For a couple of laps I had an Alfa all over my rather large rear end and I had to use the grunt of the Falcon to pull away on the straights, before tip toeing around the next corner and allowing him to close up again. With 2 laps to go I was beginning to hope that I might just have a big enough mobile road block to defend until the flag, but a small mistake allowed that red Alfa to squeeze through.

I was chasing Ziu with all of the grunt that I had out of the hairpin and up to the last corner, hoping that I might just be able to power past on the S/F straight as we started the final lap.
The we both had a comedy moment  Roll Eyes
Ziu locked up his bakes and ploughed straight on at that last corner of the penultimate lap and I was so distracted by his demise that I screwed up the corner myself and spun the heavy Falcon too. Ziu ended up on the slippery Donington grass, but I was more fortunate and stayed on the tarmac facing the wrong way. This meant that with a large bootful of power and by smoking the last shreds of rubber I was able to spin my car around and get going well before Ziu could rejoin. All I had to do was avoid any heroics for one lap and nurse the Falcon to the flag.

Grats to Erling and Geoffers on the silverware and commiserations to Ziu who probably should have won the race but for his one mistake.

Thanks to Tony for organising and maybe a plug here for a full series sometime for this mix of cars. I find the contrast between the various attributes of these cars, and the translation into similar lap times makes for fascinating races. In fact, it reminds me of the St Mary's Trophy races at the Goodwood Revival. Look it up on YouTube if you have never seen one of these races, as they show how exciting saloon cars used to be before they became the sterile manufacturer's competions of modern times  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 12:21:23 PM +0000 »

Good fun race to finish the regular season races.

My original intention for this race was to use the Mustang as I had not driven it since Noah was a lad so had done some practice laps in it. However after the discussion last week about the predictability of races recently I decided to use the Abarth instead. Did some practice in it & managed to get in the 1.56s with it, but last night could not get below mid 1.57s & also was not enjoying it around Donny, just wanted to understeer off track powering out of corners so at the last minute I went back to the Mustang & 1 qually lap got me 5th on the grid.

Got a great start & slalomed my way between Matt, Erling & Ziu into 2nd place behind Clive. Was hoping to stay with Clive but he was too fast in the early laps & quickly opened a 4s gap. Soon had Ziu in my mirrors & a small grassy moment at Coppice allowed him past. Kept pace with the lead two for several laps, but soon after half distance the tyres started to give up & they pulled away. Was comfortable in 3rd well clear of the dicing Matt & Erling  when I got  a couple of wheels on the  grass exiting  the Old  Hairpin  & nearly spun, just saved it but ended up  on the  grass  the other  side of the track losing several seconds, which it turned out  could have made all the difference at the end. Still held on to 3rd though & with their penultimate lap errors finished  much closer to Clive & Ziu than I should have.

Congrats to Clive & Ziu.  clap clap & also to Erling on winning the championship.  I Am Not Worthy

Finally huge thanks to Tony for excellent organisation.  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:11:16 PM +0000 by Geoffers » Logged
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 05:54:19 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

There seems to be something wrong with the results summary as Ziu is shown as winner, Geoffers as 2nd and Clive as 3rd (tried both versions
of Autosimanalyzer (1.65 and 1.69)), but positions graph looks ok  Huh
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 05:56:51 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 08:54:59 PM +0000 »

Agree that this has been an enjoyable series. 

Qualified a disappointing 4th last night, but at least I was ahead of Geoffers - that is, until 0.001 sec after the start. It's evident that he has - successfully - completed a course at Dan's Academy For Outrageously Fast GTL Starts..   In the confusion at T1, I slipped past Matt & Ziu.  Ziu soon shouldered his way past, and I then had Matt slowly reeling me in.  Some hard cornering appeared to just keep him at bay, but then I lost the rear and spun the car at Coppice. Got lucky, facing the right way and could just continue, but couldn't prevent Matt getting past.

Spent the next half of the race chasing him, in the most frustrating situation of battling a slower cornering but straight line faster car. As long as he stayed on the racing line in the corners, I couldn't exploit my advantages, and could only watch helplessly as he pulled away as soon as the road straightened. That also insured I was in no place to try an outbraking move once the next corner arrived. Didn't know the positions up front, but the prospect of the Championship slipping away seemed very real indeed.  Once got past at the hairpin, only to be out accelerated down to Goddards, and status quo was maintained. Several laps later, Matt ran a little wide at Old Hairpin, and I could have swooped past - if only I could have changed my direction quickly enough. Instead I hit him in the back, actually helping him with a shove in the right direction. Expletives at this point were not for tender ears..  censored  A few corners later however, he had a moment at Coppice and I got in front. Now it was my turn to be in his way as we approached The Esses.  Finally able to exploit my car's advantages of better braking and cornering, I could stay in front and open a little gap on the final two laps.

Grats to Clive on the win, and to Ziu & Geoffers on their podiums - and to Geoffers & Clive in the Championship  clap
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com