by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:02:28 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19P80 Donington Park: January 23, 2019
January 23, 2019, 08:31:40 PM +0000 - Donington Park (National) - UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 1 1:10.777
100.736mph
1 48:04.480
98.871mph
40 1:11.228
100.098mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#14) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.092
100.605mph
2 +0.814
98.843mph
40 1:11.184
100.160mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 4 +0.461
100.084mph
3 +12.470
98.446mph
40 1:11.699
99.441mph
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
BMW M1 Procar (#77) GTC-TC-76 7 +1.567
98.554mph
4 +50.372
97.174mph
40 1:12.295
98.621mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#73) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.333
100.264mph
5 +1L
96.123mph
39 1:12.117
98.864mph
Goodyear  
Norbert Calenborn

BMW M1 Procar (#60) GTC-TC-76 5 +0.523
99.997mph
6 +1.628
96.069mph
39 1:12.290
98.628mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar (#60) GTC-TC-76 9 +2.976
96.671mph
7 +32.270
95.062mph
39 1:12.554
98.269mph
Goodyear  
S.Cargo

BMW M1 Procar (#28) GTC-TC-76 11 +4.616
94.569mph
8 +48.925
94.524mph
39 1:13.414
97.118mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#77) GTC-TC-76 12 +5.551
93.410mph
9 +2L
92.926mph
38 1:14.618
95.551mph
Goodyear  
Dominick

BMW M1 Procar (#41) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.057
99.254mph
10 +13L 27 1:12.852
97.867mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#67) GTC-TC-76 8 +2.661
97.086mph
11 +32L 8 1:13.644
96.814mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#14) GTC-TC-76 10 +3.332
96.207mph
12 +37L 3 1:14.629
95.537mph
accident
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar - Donington Park - Jan 23  (Read 3310 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2019, 08:47:56 PM +0000 »

Well that didn't go to plan. Clipped the grass at Craner on the right, then left the track at speed and on the grass so no longer in control. Car slammed into barriers miles from the track and the car explodes.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2019, 09:10:59 PM +0000 »

Sorry, Geoff and maybe others. Although I couldn't see anything abnormal on my side, something must've been wrong network wise. Cars jumped backed at me when I got close and others caught up in jumps and bounds. I decided to quit before more mayhem ensued.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2019, 09:33:57 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Nobby, please fill out Country in your profile under Driver Details.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2019, 10:05:38 PM +0000 »

Finishing 8th with zero spin is a good result for me  Smiley (what could I expect with lap times in the 1:14 at best?)
The car is pleasant to drive in my opinion... at least at my "moderate" pace  Wink
Upon looking at the replay I see that I may have slowed the lapping cars a bit too long...  Embarrassed
Sorry about that I will be more cautious (and used to the virtual mirror distortion)

Thanks all for a good evening !
Norbert Calenborn

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2019, 10:27:39 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Nobby, please fill out Country in your profile under Driver Details.

DONE  Wink

First-Race-Summary: I am not to unhappy! Sure: I had been (like expected) way to nervous, couldn´t reach my own lap-times neither during practise nor race. And during the race a made several unneccessary mistakes... but never the less I had been able to go the pace of the midfield-runners, even when my car was damaged. Seniordan gave me a very good lesson (his Nickname is wisly choosen, I guess!), and I am thankfull for that! After a spin I was gaining on him, and on the Start-Finish-Straight I got very close to him, because he braked a bit to late for the Chikane and couldn´t accelerate as he wanted... so at the braking-point he left the door WIIIIIDE open for me and of course I did take this opportunity! But just to miss the apex and go straight over the outside-curbs into the gravel-bed, then over the green, back to the track and right back to the other side "lawnmoving" again! It really took a while to get back to the track AND to calm myself down, but after that the chase was on again. And it went well! I could gain on Seniordan and Fulvio as well as on evilclive2, but just when I caught Seniordan again he spun right in front of me. To sad! After that my race was rather, well not boring, but... there was no more close competition. So I tried to close the gap a bit to the guys in front of me, but gaining a position wasn´t realistic, due to gap of more than 15seconds and only 12laps left. So at some points I lost concentration again and spun, I think in Lap 37 or so... and got lapped by geoffrey. I looked into the mirror, saw Ziubacubacu and did let him pass as well on the long straight.
And then I got my second lesson, which I appreciate even more! Because I was able to stay with these guys for a while, but thankfully I saw where I lost most of my laptimes! It was simply amazing to see how much faster these guys went through the first corner after Start/finish, my racing-line was terribly wrong, as well as my braking-point has been.
In Lap 38 then came the big surprise for me: evilclive2 spun and lost a huge amount of time, so I was only meters behind him when he rejoined the track (approximatly 80-100m). A new Goal was set, 1,5Laps still to go! In the chikane I came very, very, veeeerry close to him and had the chance to PRESS him off the line... but I thought by myself: "NO! He really deserved to see the checkered flag in front of you, he was quicker during nearly the whole race! AND, it is your first race here... be gentle and kind: this is not ALTBIERBUDE!!!" ;-)

So, after all... it was a very nice expirience for me to race with you guys and I hope this series/league is able to find some more drivers to take part. It´s really worth it, the Cars are magnificent, the choosen tracks are awesome, the behavior of all drivers on the track is remarkably well ... everything´s perfect in my opinion!

Glad to found my way to simracing.org.uk

Nobby
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:31:23 PM +0000 by Norbert Calenborn » Logged
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2019, 07:15:07 AM +0000 »

Grats to Geoffers THE OLD FOSSIL for win

Grats to Erling THE PROFESSOR for podium

Grats to Ziu for Donkey Award
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2019, 10:23:09 AM +0000 »

So, after all... it was a very nice experience for me to race with you guys and I hope this series/league is able to find some more drivers to take part. It´s really worth it, the Cars are magnificent, the choosen tracks are awesome, the behavior of all drivers on the track is remarkably well ... everything´s perfect in my opinion!

Glad to found my way to simracing.org.uk

Nobby
Well we are glad that you enjoyed your first event with us. Finding new drivers is as rare as hens teeth so we like it when new drivers have a positive experience with us. We cannot take credit for the track selection. These are the tracks actually used in the 1980's Procar competition, or as near as we can manage. We do like to think that the behaviour of our drivers is just a little bit better then found elsewhere.
It's a shame that you do not seem inclined to try our other racing series. Each has a unique format and I think if you gave them a go it would be a nice suprise to you.
Still glad you had a good time and perhaps we will see you again soon.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2019, 01:02:12 PM +0000 »

Grats to the podium regulars  Roll Eyes and welcome to Norbert.

Well, I am glad that someone likes these cars, coz I find them a total mystery  Undecided. I spend all of my energy and concentration on just keeping the beasts on the grey stuff and pointing generally in the right direction, so I have no brain capacity left for actually racing  wacko

I somehow squeeked a PB in qualifying and found myself amongst the fast brigade at the front of the grid......not a good plan for me in these cars!! I was able to tail Geoffers and Ziu for a few laps because they were fighting over each corner. But, I had Erling behind and quite plainly he was much more comfortable in his car than I was in mine. So when he got close enough I intended to let him pass and try and tag along. As it happens, I managed to throw my car off the circuit at just the right moment to allow him to pass  Wink and give him a clear track to aim at. I'm generous like that  angel

I did my best to wrestle the car and almost stay with Erling for several laps but it soon became obvious that if I continued my wild driving I would run out of rubber way before the end of the race. So I attempted to ease off and protect the tyres a little and allowed Erling to pull away. Things were looking good for a possible 4th place, which was way better than I had hoped for before the race started.
Norbert and Fulvio were  having their own battle behind and I managed to build a comfortable safety cushion until...........about 5 laps from the end the tyres just gave up all grip and I was fighting a car that did not want to stop/slow down/turn in/ keep the tail behind the front/ accelerate without spearing off into the boondocks or travel in a straight line??!!!
Several spins and slides allowed Fulvio to catch and pass me easily and I almost lost 5th place to Norbert who was closing fast on the last lap. I was indeed fortunate to have been lapped, because it saved me from completing another lap where Norbert would have passed me easily.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2019, 03:43:58 PM +0000 »

Aaahhh, so good to be back in Clive's old favorites...  Grin - been looking forward to that since our first series with these back in 2016.

Didn't have a good qualifying; had done a couple of 10.9 laps offline, but those were not easy to come by for me.  Last lap was interesting however, as my fastest up to that was an 11.2, and the final split showed -0.500. Would have been enough to steal pole from the two aliens, but regrettably I screwed up the chicane and lost all the time gained.  Might've doesn't count, so 4th behind Clive it was.

Kept my position at the start and set about harassing Clive.  He braked earlier than I would do, so had to be real careful not to bump him off, while still staying close enough to make a move, should an opportunity arise - do like Donny Nat, but it's almost impossible to overtake on, unless the driver in front makes a mistake.  As Clive mentions, after several laps he eventually ran wide, letting me slip past.  Slowly stretched the gap over many following laps, and the race turned quite lonely.  Started lapping people sooner than expected; thanks for helping me past.

Late in the race, I lapped Dom.  He seemed to slipstream me down the straight, and I was alarmed to see his rate of closure in my mirrors under braking (Remove that snicker Clive..).  I veered right, to get out of harms way, although it cost me a cut warning. 

Grats to Geoffers on the win, and the donkey for taking second  Wink   Was surprised to find them only 12 secs ahead at the end; I thought they were much further ahead (Couldn't see the upper part of the pit board, as it was obscured by XD)

Big welcome to Norbert; sounds like you've found a home  Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2019, 06:04:27 PM +0000 »

Sorry, Geoff and maybe others. Although I couldn't see anything abnormal on my side, something must've been wrong network wise. Cars jumped backed at me when I got close and others caught up in jumps and bounds. I decided to quit before more mayhem ensued.

No need to apologise Dom, your car was running smoothly at my end, it was totally my mistake that I went off when I caught up with you, simply stood on the brakes too hard & locked up.

Honestly surprised that pole wasn't in the 1.09s, I had managed mid 1.10s in testing with the Procar with 20 laps of fuel & quite expected a Gr4 or GTO car to be faster with qually fuel. So getting pole was a bonus. Shocked

Got quite a decent start & led for a couple of laps but made a poor job of the chicane on the 2nd lap & Ziu got a good run on me into Redgate, he nipped through on the inside but went a bit too deep & I got him back on the exit. The next dozen or so laps saw the gap between us hover around 1s then Ziu had a moment at Redgate & the gap jumped to around 3.5s. Managed to open that to over 5s when I caught Dom as mentioned above, just regained the track before Ziu appeared & the gap was back to 1s. A few laps later Ziu repeated his Redgate error & the lead was back to 5s.

The remaining laps became more tricky as the brakes got more & more inclined to lock so I had to brake earlier & gentler, this allowed Ziu to get closer & I was rather relieved to see the finish with less than a second in hand. sweatdrop

Congrats to Ziu & Erling on the podium  clap clap & thanks to all who made room when being lapped.

Big welcome to Nobby, hope you will join us for the other races, not just the M1 series.  thumbup1
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2019, 07:01:25 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2019, 10:34:47 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Norbert Calenborn

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2019, 10:05:21 AM +0000 »

Ouh, that's great!

Huge thanks dir this Service.
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2019, 06:14:25 PM +0000 »

No need to apologise Dom, your car was running smoothly at my end, it was totally my mistake that I went off when I caught up with you, simply stood on the brakes too hard & locked up.

Late in the race, I lapped Dom.  He seemed to slipstream me down the straight, and I was alarmed to see his rate of closure in my mirrors under braking (Remove that snicker Clive..).  I veered right, to get out of harms way, although it cost me a cut warning.  
That was just the thing, from my perspective both these incidents or almost incidents looked quite different. I had the very same thing when I first attempted to overtake Bob and in lap 2 I went wide thrice for no reason whatsoever. The thing is that at times my visuals didn't depict where my car actually was. To me, Coyote (or Bob) was long gone and miles away until suddenly I was almost on top of either. Same thing in lap 2 when I was suddenly much deeper into a corner than a fraction earlier.

My penny dropped after the race. It's exactly the same issue I had a couple of years ago with GT Legends (and only GTL) which Geoffers might remember when I came damn near to dropping GTL forever. But with that memory at least I now know that this is an ISP issue. After some lenghty calls -try finding someone on what passes for service these days who understands how important strict signal continuity is for simracing- I've gotten through to someone who seemed to get it and I've gotten the assurance it'll be looked into promptly. Here's hoping this is a one off because otherwise it's just too dangerous to race.

One more dammit thus. I was in the 1.11 crowd (just barely, but still) and it looked like the race was going to be both great fun and relatively successful. Until life put its middle finger up to me for the 13,147,984th time and another opportunity went out of the window. It's almost funny....
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2019, 03:25:27 PM +0000 »

Sorry to hear about your problems Dom.  One more thing worth checking is your connection speed setting in GTL (Found in the bottom of the server connection screen).  Someone here recently had lag-like issues, and found the connection speed setting was set too low. Upping it helped I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com