by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 02:13:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19P80 AVUS: February 20, 2019
February 20, 2019, 08:31:31 PM +0000 - AVUS (1951-67) - UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#44) GTC-TC-76 1 1:56.646
158.566mph
1 48:03.198
153.964mph
24 1:57.923
156.849mph
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
BMW M1 Procar (#76) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.889
156.040mph
2 +3.797
153.761mph
24 1:58.218
156.458mph
Goodyear  
Dominick

BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.677
156.319mph
3 +34.757
152.130mph
24 1:58.789
155.706mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#14) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.200
154.333mph
4 +1:10.533
150.287mph
24 1:59.429
154.871mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#95) GTC-TC-76 5 +1:13.565
150.133mph
24 2:00.129
153.969mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 4 +0.980
157.245mph
6 +2L 22 1:58.186
156.500mph
suspension
Goodyear  
S.Cargo

BMW M1 Procar (#81) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.625
155.077mph
7 +3L 21 1:58.332
156.307mph
suspension
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#95) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.819
157.461mph
8 +16L 8 1:58.186
156.500mph
unknown
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar (#84) GTC-TC-76 9 +13.164
142.486mph
9 +19L 5 1:59.528
154.743mph
suspension
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#77) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.578
157.785mph
10 +20L 4 1:59.002
155.427mph
unknown
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 65s

Ziu pulls out from behind the car he is following but in doing so hits the front of Erling's car causing Erling to run in to the trackside barrier and lose places to following cars.
The moderators cannot determine from the replay if Ziu performed a deliberate blocking move, nor can they support Ziu's claims. Ziu should have been more aware of the surrounding cars but he made a poor manoeuvre. Since the Moderator's cannot conclusively prove Erling's claim that the move was deliberate, Ziu will only get a warning.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:56.646
158.566mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
BMW M1 ProcarFebruary 20, 2019, 08:31:31 PM +0000
L19P80
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:57.923
156.849mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
BMW M1 ProcarFebruary 20, 2019, 08:31:31 PM +0000
L19P80
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar - AVUS - Feb 20  (Read 2310 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 11:57:56 AM +0000 »

Hi at last successful eye op weird being able to see out of two eyes again but wonderful, just got to be care full not to strain them for a while and let my sight settle down, missed racing with you guys but should be back soon.

Good to hear that Rog, look forward to having you back, take care. thumbup1
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 12:23:26 PM +0000 »

Fantastic news Roger, hope to be racing with you soon.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 12:25:46 PM +0000 »

oh jeez!!  Undecided Just what I needed to inspire me for a race in cars that are not "my favourite". If I felt ambivalent about these beasts before, I am now totally disheartened.
I have raced this track in GPL and I was praying that the GTL version would NOT have those race killing bumps on the exit of the banking, but Norbert has burst that bubble comprehensively.........really cannot wait until Wednesday not

Wonder if it was those bumps I just encountered in a full length test  Huh   On my 16th lap, approaching the end of the banking, my car suddenly got a jolt, as if I hit something (in the middle of the track) - or as if something hit me. Threw my car against the fence and flipped it onto its roof.  Reloaded a save from a few laps before and carried on.  On lap 23, same place, I got a minor jolt, which still kicked me into a spin.  If this happens on Wednesday, there's gonna be some foul language for sure  censored
I want to test this Erling. Can you tell me which "lane" you are in, or near, when you experience these "jolts"?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 02:02:53 PM +0000 »

Great news Roger.  Hope you recover soon.

Bob M.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 02:11:23 PM +0000 »

oh jeez!!  Undecided Just what I needed to inspire me for a race in cars that are not "my favourite". If I felt ambivalent about these beasts before, I am now totally disheartened.
I have raced this track in GPL and I was praying that the GTL version would NOT have those race killing bumps on the exit of the banking, but Norbert has burst that bubble comprehensively.........really cannot wait until Wednesday not

Wonder if it was those bumps I just encountered in a full length test  Huh   On my 16th lap, approaching the end of the banking, my car suddenly got a jolt, as if I hit something (in the middle of the track) - or as if something hit me. Threw my car against the fence and flipped it onto its roof.  Reloaded a save from a few laps before and carried on.  On lap 23, same place, I got a minor jolt, which still kicked me into a spin.  If this happens on Wednesday, there's gonna be some foul language for sure  censored
I want to test this Erling. Can you tell me which "lane" you are in, or near, when you experience these "jolts"?

The middle lane more or less Tony, but it's only happened twice in what amounts to several full races worth of laps, so could be difficult and time consuming to diagnose.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 02:26:12 PM +0000 »

Hi at last successful eye op weird being able to see out of two eyes again but wonderful, just got to be care full not to strain them for a while and let my sight settle down, missed racing with you guys but should be back soon.

Great news Roger; hope you're back racing with us soon!!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 03:43:24 PM +0000 »

oh jeez!!  Undecided Just what I needed to inspire me for a race in cars that are not "my favourite". If I felt ambivalent about these beasts before, I am now totally disheartened.

Wonder if it was those bumps I just encountered in a full length test  Huh   On my 16th lap, approaching the end of the banking, my car suddenly got a jolt, as if I hit something (in the middle of the track) - or as if something hit me. Threw my car against the fence and flipped it onto its roof.  Reloaded a save from a few laps before and carried on.  On lap 23, same place, I got a minor jolt, which still kicked me into a spin.  If this happens on Wednesday, there's gonna be some foul language for sure  censored

The middle lane more or less Tony, but it's only happened twice in what amounts to several full races worth of laps, so could be difficult and time consuming to diagnose.
Left the pits via the pit entry, ignoring the wrong way message, and went around the banking, back and forth, in 1st gear but could find no tears in the surface  Huh

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 04:03:30 PM +0000 »

oh jeez!!  Undecided Just what I needed to inspire me for a race in cars that are not "my favourite". If I felt ambivalent about these beasts before, I am now totally disheartened.

Wonder if it was those bumps I just encountered in a full length test  Huh   On my 16th lap, approaching the end of the banking, my car suddenly got a jolt, as if I hit something (in the middle of the track) - or as if something hit me. Threw my car against the fence and flipped it onto its roof.  Reloaded a save from a few laps before and carried on.  On lap 23, same place, I got a minor jolt, which still kicked me into a spin.  If this happens on Wednesday, there's gonna be some foul language for sure  censored

Left the pits via the pit entry, ignoring the wrong way message, and went around the banking, back and forth, in 1st gear but could find no tears in the surface  Huh

I can assure you I didn't imagine it..   Maybe it only really affects you when going at high speed - and again, seemingly a rare occurrence - you could probably pass 40-50 times without encountering it.
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 05:29:29 PM +0000 »

I think something similar happened to me once...
At the time I thought it might have been some erratic car part left on the ground by a collision between AI's (I don't know if a contact with such part would have any effect anyway  Huh ), but I did not see anything (part or other) before "flying".
Again, this happened only once (in the middle lane) despite the fact that I am (unwillingly  Grin ) "testing" a lot of different lines on the banking.
In the end this remote possibility is no big deal for me: I am more than able to spin on my own !  Cheesy
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 08:41:42 PM +0000 »

Great news Rog!! glad that everything went well  Wink

I am assuming that this circuit is a conversion of the GPL track? The same issue exists at Avus in GPL, and appears to be entirely random, but terminal, when it happens and it does not appear to be 100% related to where your car is across the track so it is difficult to diagnose.

I can only relate this phenomena in layman's terms......ok in simple language that I can ( almost ) understand!!  Undecided
The cause is reckoned to be a minute mismatch in the alignment of 2 track segments, somewhere at the end of the banking,when the track was built. In GPL the kick occurs if your car is transitioning that mismatch at exactly the same microsecond as the computer is scanning your position. Because of the high speed, the reaction tends to be interpreted as a major impact and the car is thrown skywards.  In my simple mind, it might be more of a problem if GTL is re calculating the car's position much more frequently than GPL, thus increasing the chances of a "hit" on the rogue section??

GPL has had other tracks with similar issues and despite multiple attempts to "rebuild and align" the offending sections they were never completely fixed. Eventually one of the resident track gurus in GPLPS would build a remake of the whole circuit, which is not a 10 minute job in GPL.
There was even a glitch in the original Spa track that shipped with the game in 1998. Just before the pits, close to the grass verge, there was a spot that would randomly cause a CDT or screen freeze if one happened across it at the wrong moment. The only upshot is that we got a fantastic, historically correct Spa67 track to replace it, but it took 2o years....just saying guys that some of you may not see or experience the glitch, but one or two might have their race ended prematurely in spectacular fashion. Angry Sad

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 08:56:16 PM +0000 »

A last minute change of car was a bit of a shock when I had the Procar feeling quite sensible. The G4 seemed to be a bit quicker, but without time to sort the setup it was not as stable under braking, or else I was just getting there quicker  Huh

Apologies for the excitement at the hairpin lap on lap 2  Roll Eyes I think I tried to take too much road and put a wheel onto the grass under braking.

Recovered through the mayhem to be in 3rd  about 3 secs behind Geoffers and followed him for about 6 laps until I started to fall asleep...……………
then I did and found myself going through trees to La La Land  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:27 PM +0000 »

Missed most of the bumping & boring on the first lap & settled into 2nd behind Ziu but gradually falling away. Like Clive I was losing concentration, this track is so boring it crossed my mind to give up & have a beer, anyway after a while I clipped the fence coming off the banking, no harm done just lost a lot of time. Still 2nd with Fulvio not too far behind, a few laps later & I did the same thing again, this time engine health was 0% but the car was still running. Continued at reduced speed, would not really pull top gear, for a couple more laps until it eventually ground to a halt at the start of lap 23.  Roll Eyes

Congrats to the podium  clap clap clap.

More interesting track next week.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:29:05 PM +0000 by Geoffers » Logged
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 09:29:40 PM +0000 »

Big thanks to Erling and Tony!!!!!!  My PC never flickered or anything.  Again thanks for your help.  Placed way better than I expected in the race.  Not that I ever passed anyone..................

Bob M.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 09:31:27 PM +0000 »

Apologies to S_Cargo for the hit; tried to avoid other cars going much slower than anticipated and wound up on the grass, unable to stop.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 09:36:59 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com