by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:39:14 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19P80 Monaco: March 13, 2019
March 13, 2019, 08:31:46 PM +0000 - Monaco (1979) - UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#90) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.099
74.932mph
1 50:28.638
73.088mph
30 1:38.681
74.772mph
Goodyear  
Dominick

BMW M1 Procar (#83) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.130
74.908mph
2 +9.876
72.851mph
30 1:39.460
74.186mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 1 1:37.372
75.777mph
3 +14.379
72.743mph
30 1:38.684
74.770mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#84) GTC-TC-76 5 +5.581
71.669mph
4 +1L
69.316mph
29 1:42.003
72.337mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#60) GTC-TC-76 6 +8.515
69.684mph
5 +17.880
68.917mph
29 1:44.206
70.808mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#67) GTC-TC-76 6 +27L 3 1:45.088
70.213mph
unknown
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar (#84) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.790
73.667mph
7 +29L 1 1:50.603
66.712mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar - Monaco - Mar 13  (Read 1406 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2018, 02:32:52 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race 1: 20:30 (30 laps)

Track: Monaco '79 Download this

Cars allowed: BMW M1 Procar  Download this, Required wheel fix Download this and overwrite the original file found at GameData/Teams/GTC-TC-76/BMW M1 Procar.

Car choice restrictions: Championship Positions (CP) 1 to 3 - Procar, CP 4 to 7 - Procar or Gr.4., CP 8 and above, and new drivers - ANY.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start time.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:31:28 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 11:20:48 AM +0000 »

offtopic

Guy's, you may not be aware of the Legacy No-Grip section of UKGTL https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?board=105.0

Anyhoo, Nappe has created a brand new GTL Championship which will mainly run on Monday night's. For fullest details see this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15414.msg280606#msg280606

Please keep all post's relating to Legacy No-Grip events in the above threads and please do not post in UKGTL threads.

Thanks

WT

offtopic 

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 12:35:07 PM +0000 »

I am hoping to be joining the fun later, but the room which houses my computer is under refurbishment ( OK I am painting it!! ).

If I can get the desk re-assembled and the correct plugs into the right sockets by 19:30, then there might be a car on track that has very little idea about which way the next corner goes, plus the driver might appear more interested in the wild flowers and the grass than he should be  Roll Eyes

OOPs! posted this on the wrong thread  Roll Eyes should have been on the American Iron races  Undecided

Should be at Monaco, new desk installed and PC working ….thus far. Tony please stand by  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:00:08 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 01:12:56 PM +0000 »

Clive:
No flowers and grass on this track only concrete and steel.  See you there!!!

Bob M.
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 09:39:45 PM +0000 »

No concrete or steel for me next week... only snow and ski lifts  Wink (but it will probably be more sunny in Monaco than in the Alps)
Have a nice race !
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 09:44:49 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Don't forget it's the first two races in Nappes' series next Monday night https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15435.msg281099#msg281099

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 01:45:21 PM +0000 »

Man oh man that was work!  Seemed like the race lasted forever.  Don't have the reflexes or talent to drive these cars' probably never did, and then at Monaco it's even worse.  Thought about just hitting the escape key and leaving at the halfway point, but guess I am too stubborn to do that.  Besides maybe Tony would kill his car and I would gain a position that way, but didn't happen, he's as stubborn as I am I guess.  Outside of being lapped by everyone, never saw another car for most of the race.  Grats to the podium and all the finishers, and sorries to the guys who didn't make it to the end. 

Bob M.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 02:03:14 PM +0000 »

I'm with you on that one Bob. Just glad I made it to the end. If I tried to push the car too hard I hit something solid so decided to go easy and make just finishing my goal. Flattering final position, not due to my skill, but to the miss-fortune of others and a smallish field. And did I say how much I hate Monaco?

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 05:47:33 PM +0000 »

Like Tony & Bob I am not a fan of Monaco & in these cars with their inherent  understeer it is not easy.

Was quite surprised by my qually time, had only just got into the 1.38s in practice. Led for the first few laps with Clive keeping me under pressure, he seemed particularly quicker through the slowest corners. Was trying to give the barriers plenty of room but just clipped the inside of St Devote around lap 5 & spun the car, Clive went past & I headed for the run-off area to spin the car around. However there wasn't enough space & I ended up doing a three point turn & crunching the front of the car.

Rejoined & set off after Dom & Clive, closed the gap but it took ages & eventually took Dom for 2nd with about 4 laps left when he appeared to have a moment at Portier. My 2nd place didn't last long though as I thought I was going to clip the barrier entering the swimming pool section, made a correction & was off line for the second part got out of shape & struck the barrier in the third part. Dom was now right behind & at Rascasse I got it wrong again & Dom went through. Car still drove straight but understeered badly so had to settle for 3rd place.

Congrats to Clive & Dom, well driven on this tricky track.  clap clap
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 06:30:07 PM +0000 »

My experience was pretty much the opposite. It turned into one of those races for which one can put up with all the problems, issues and mishaps of other days. It's not a popular opinion in simracing (might explain the low turn-out) but I've always liked Monaco, especially with the not-really-a Chicane du Port. Practice looked promising when I 'beat' Geoff and Clive with a staggering 0.002 and 0.004 seconds! Obviously that wasn't the case in qualy, but I wasn't that far behind. Though when you're third on the grid and Dan is 4th next to you, you know you're going to enter T1 in 4th. But Dan's car seemed very twitchy and I could quickly sneak past after a Dan-barrier encounter. I expected Geoff and Clive to disappear into the sunset as per usual but after a few laps I saw Geoff in a most inconvenient situation off-track from a corner of my eye. A few more laps and an even more infrequent event happened: I started seeing glimpses of Clive's car and each lap the glimpses were longer and in more locations. Oh dear, I was actually gaining on the leader of a race! But as I got real close I made a small mistake and had to do the chase all over again. The scenario of gaining->almost catching->small mistake repeated itself a couple of times and made up the bulk of the race. In the last stage of the race not only had I gotten close again, but Geoff also had almost caught me. A three way battle right until the finish was in the making. Alas, my next mistake was a bigger one and Clive got away for good and Geoff got past too. He must have had a big oopsie on his part a little later too because I got the chance to get past again and that's how the race ended.
Big thanks to Tony and Bob for making lapping easy as that's not evident here.
Could have been third, miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight have been 1st (although I don't know how, where and when I would have been able to overtake Clive) so 2nd seemed appropriate, not to mention very, very welcome.
Love this series, and love that Monaco was in it  Kiss
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 07:53:20 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:59 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 09:57:18 PM +0000 »

Well.............what can I say  Roll Eyes I DO NOT like these cars, never have and I guess I never will, I just find that they require too much precision in braking /turn in point/application of power at each corner. I am more of a throw it at the corner then point and squirt  ninja

On the other hand I do like Monaco ( well I prefer the older version as per GPL) and the challenge that it presents.

TBH I was sure that Geoffers, and possibly a couple of others, would just be more comfortable with these cars and disappear into the distance. I ran plenty of laps pre race on full fuel to be sure I was understanding how the car would behave ...maybe?

Monaco is a difficult place to make a pass so I was determined to hold onto my 2nd place into St Devote if I could, and then just see what would happen.
Looks like there was a paint exchanging group meeting behind on lap 1 because suddenly my mirrors were clear. But my windscreen was full of Geoffers and he is right about me clipping the barriers and losing ground. Actually I found that a relief because with that gap I could now clearly pick my braking points and apexes but then......rounding St Devote there was Geoffers parked??? probably gone to buy an ice cream??

So, there I was in 1st place  Shocked, several drivers had obviously not read the same script that I had, because I was never meant to be here!!!! Ok so just keep it smooth and safe because Geoffers has 25+ laps to reel you in and he is quite capable of closing the gap. A glance at the positions as I crossed the S/F line showed Dominick in 2nd spot?? with Geoffers behind him.....well that works for me if Dom holds up Geoff a little. Apologies, but of of course I had not anticipated that Dom would actually be quicker than Geoff and eat into my comfort cushion  wacko

I had actually eased off a little and was playing safe because I thought I had a comfortable lead, but as Dom said he could see me, well I could see him too in my mirrors!! and he was getting bigger......then he was gone again and the gap was back up to 6 secs. I was trying to control my panic in a car that I did not feel entirely comfortable in, whilst keeping the laptimes quick on tyres that were beginning to complain too.
I had to force myself to ignore the HUD positions and concentrate on the track 100% whilst I was hoping that Dom and Geoff were having to push hard to close the gap...hopefully a little too hard? Then of course they would have to find a way past  shifty and I might not be inclined to make that too easy.
As Dom and Geoff have already said, the small mistakes were costing them the precious seconds that prevented them catching me and I was soooo grateful for that and for the gentlemen who allowed me to lap them without too much drama. Well there might not have been drama in their cars, but I can assure you that there was much buttock clenching in mine!!!
I just could not believe it when the race ended as I had been so concentrated on each corner that I had lost any sense of where I was in the race.
I always feel that at Monaco your biggest opponent is the track and not any car, so grats to everyone who beat the track and finished the race.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com