by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 06:28:22 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19P80 Brands Hatch: July 10, 2019
July 10, 2019, 08:32:11 PM +0100 - Brands Hatch (GP) - UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.425
95.920mph
1 50:42.966
94.108mph
32 1:34.074
95.127mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 1 1:32.872
96.359mph
2 +9.357
93.820mph
32 1:33.674
95.534mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#73) GTC-TC-76 4 +3.362
92.992mph
3 +1:12.008
91.933mph
32 1:35.640
93.570mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#74) GTC-TC-76 6 +5.812
90.683mph
4 +1L
89.200mph
31 1:36.160
93.064mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#60) GTC-TC-76 5 +19.172
88.653mph
31 1:38.606
90.755mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#90) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.194
95.135mph
6 +20L 12 1:34.440
94.759mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#67) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.390
92.965mph
7 +28L 4 1:41.392
88.261mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar - Brands Hatch - Jul 10  (Read 1165 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2018, 02:38:51 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race 1: 20:30 (32 laps)

Track: Brands Hatch GP Download this

Cars allowed: BMW M1 Procar  Download this, Required wheel fix Download this and overwrite the original file found at GameData/Teams/GTC-TC-76/BMW M1 Procar.

Car choice restrictions: Championship Positions (CP) 1 to 3 - Procar, CP 4 to 7 - Procar or Gr.4., CP 8 and above, and new drivers - ANY.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start time.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:32:19 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 12:35:17 PM +0100 »

I have just tried a test join of tonight's server for the ProCars. The only car that I have showing as available is the BMW CSL???.

When I try my dedicated install for the ProCars offline, I have all of the 3 classes of ProCars available?

just want to check that it is not a server glitch, before I trash my computer...... Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 02:10:22 PM +0100 »

Yes same for me...............My main concern is my internet connection lately, we have had much rain this summer and river flooding.  Water level is very high in my area, they say you can go down 8 to 10 feet and hit water.  Our cable system is underground and they say water gets into the system and causes problems.  I will start in the rear so as to not interfere with anyone else.  I remember when the brilliant Al Gore the brilliant climatoligist of global warming fame stated that the area I live in would be the great American desert by 2020.  Going to have to dry up a bit thats for sure...............

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 02:29:14 PM +0100 »

Problem fixed, should be Ok now.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:50:41 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 09:13:33 AM +0100 »

Grats to the podium guys and all finishers.

Not my favourite cars by any measure and I struggle to find the "sweet spot", if it even exists  Roll Eyes.
I was so unsure of my pace, that I actually did qually on a reduced fuel load instead of my usual strategy of doing that on race fuel. I was nowhere near Geoffers' or Erling's times but did get myself 3rd on the grid.

I managed a good start and actually passed Erling into Paddock Hill bend...that was a surprise!! But never refuse a gift eh??  I tried to stay close to Geoffers, hoping to learn something about his braking points and lines through corners. Well that was a good plan until he ran wide and suddenly, I was in the lead  scared.
Erling was making his presence felt behind and I was at that point where the equation,  Laptime= Ability x Speed was not balancing and things were getting a little ragged.
I had picked up a "cut track" warning on Lap1 when the car just turned in far quicker than I had anticipated, and another when I tried to take the chicane a little too fast  Roll Eyes. After that, I focused on not bouncing over kerbs and trying to stay on clean lines and somehow I kept Erling behind me?? I also noticed that Geoff had initially dropped down the field after his excursion, but was now back in the hunt and closing on Erling.

Then I ran a little wide at Hawthorn, at least I felt that it was only a little, and the GTL gods decided that I had cut the track a 3rd time  Undecided So an  SnG was required. That would finish my few laps of glory at the front of the race, but maybe I could recover a few places and get back up to 3rd afterwards?
Not exactly what happened. Got myself into the pits and pulled up at my man. GTL driving tip #16....If the pitboard appears and you do not want any work done, do not hit the ESC key.  Undecided  Race over  Sad

A little puzzled as to why I should see the pitboard when I was performing a SnG, surely a pit stop would not be an option? Either way, it probably shortened the time until my race fell apart completely and I ended up stuck in a barrier somewhere.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:23:14 PM +0100 »

Take the first few laps out of the equation & that was quite a good race for me.

Race started ok, took the lead at the start & led the first lap then not paying attention to where I was going I ran onto the grass along the S/F straight which let Clive & Erling past. On lap 2 I spun coming out of Surtees hit the barrier & bounced back onto the track causing Matt & Tony to take avoiding action  Shocked. Kurt kindly slowed to allow me to resume & I set off after Matt who I caught after a couple more laps, passing wasn't easy though & all I succeeded in doing was rear-ending Matt's car going into Surtees, & I wasn't even trying to overtake  Roll Eyes. I don't  think it held Matt up too much but I ended up on the grass & dropped to dead last.

Anyhow got going again, really annoyed with myself. A lap later I came upon a cloud of tyre smoke at the chicane, slowed as I wasn't sure what had happened only to emerge through the cloud straight into the back of a recovering Kurt. It helped Kurt on his way but nearly stopped me dead  Cheesy. At Clearways Kurt went off handing me a position & a lap or two later I caught & passed Bob, next up was the Matt & Tony dice which this time I managed to get through quite quickly when Matt ran wide at Druids & then Tony was slow out of Stirlings.

Now up to 3rd with Clive around 15s ahead, started to catch him but then he went into the pits handing me 2nd place. That just left Professor Erling who was around 23s up the road, I knew there was no chance of catching up that amount of time without a mistake from Erling but pressed on anyway just in case. Did make up some time but was still around 10s behind at the finish.

Congrats to Erling & Matt in 3rd  clap clap bad luck to those who didn't finish & apologies to Matt (twice) & Tony for causing you problems. Angry
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:41:03 PM +0100 »

Sorry to say, but it's obvious that I'm unfortunately not able to wrestle these beasts for more than two or three laps
although I found a setup by Norbert Calenborn for the M1 in online settings (of course for Silverstone88).
Was a bit surprised (positively) that I could improve in praccy & quali from something about 1:43 to 1:36,3, but that was it.

CU next week.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:10 PM +0100 »

All I can say "I'm glad its over".  Just can't seem to get a grasp on these cars at all.  Have a nice docile handeling setup but my old reflexes are just too slow I guess.  Kept it on the track for the most part but was very slow compared to eveyone else.  Drove the track nice and cautious and did finish.  Was hoping to get lapped more times and have to run less laps.  About the time Clive punched out I considered just hitting the ESC and have it over with, but just kept telling myself "Just one more lap" and I'll leave but guess I was too stubborn and stuck it out...Any way grats to the podium and all participants, a lot of the regulars must have said to themselfs, don't need the punnishment of these beast's

Bob M.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 03:10:33 PM +0100 »

I will upload my setup for the Procar M1 to the online folders later, it may help some of you. I think I also have one from the last time we raced these at Hockenheim (the next race) for one of the other cars, although I can't remember if it is for the Gp4 or GTO.

Yes Clive the pitboard does appear when you get an S/G although you cannot do anything with it other than press Enter.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 03:33:09 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 03:40:36 PM +0100 »

Brands is a track I have a love/hate relationship with. Some corners can be quite rewarding if you get them right - especially the chicane, with the blind entry over the crest. Paddock Hill bend on the other hand, is prob. my most hated curve anywhere; so easy to get it wrong and spin. In general I find it narrow and very difficult to pass on, unless a driver in front makes a mistake.

Being so far behind in the Championship, I was blessed with free car choice. Not that there's much between them - went from Procar to GTO in offline praccy, and only shaved 0.3 sec off my lap time.

Geoffers on pole as expected. Didn't make an all bad start, but Clive apparently nailed it just right, getting ahead into Paddock Hill.  Geoffers went off at the end of L1, letting both Clive & me past.  Few corners into L2, I saw him spin off in my mirror, clouting the barrier. Looked like a hard hit, so wondered if he had damaged his car.

Pressured Clive for a few laps before he lost the rear and went lawn moving, letting me past.  Gradually stretched the gap, and was sad to see the message that he had left. At this point the gap was around 20 secs, and the moment of truth had arrived: Would it start dropping ?   It did in fact, so if Geoffers had damaged his car, it wasn't enough to make him slower than me.  A couple of laps it held, but for the most, I lost a second a lap.  If I could keep it at that, I would stay in front till the end.  Required a very concentrated drive, with tyre wear making itself felt in the latter parts.  May have been lonely, but intense nonetheless - I was racing the pit board each lap!

May have finished first, but the real winner must be Geoffers - that was a very impressive recovery drive from dead last  Shocked   Grats to Geoffers & Matt on completing the podium.

Commiserations to those with misfortune or problems with the car. Really love them myself, but not really on Brands  Wink

Clive: Geoffers beat me to it, but you do get the pit board when serving a S/G; just can't select anything, but you have to hit 'Enter' to start serving the S/G
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 04:32:25 PM +0100 »

"Clive: Geoffers beat me to it, but you do get the pit board when serving a S/G; just can't select anything, but you have to hit 'Enter' to start serving the S/G"

OK, so now I know lol.  Undecided

Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 05:04:14 PM +0100 »

Good fun in a masochistic sort of way.. the R3E version of these are much easier, though they also understeer in
and wobble out. Can't remember all the details, but I think my second
when Matt ran wide at Druids
was an assisted one with Geoff doing the "assisting" It's what you get for closing on a car that is really doing a badly controlled
panic steer and brake... No prob though, as I finished where I probably would have.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com