The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 11:05:22 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: How should series be run for Season 16
1 season at a time, racing on a weekly basis - 3 (42.9%)
2 con-current seasons at a time, alternating between every other week - 3 (42.9%)
1 season at a time, running every other week with 1-off fun races to fill the gaps - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'My' events moving forward  (Read 235 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2020, 02:50:10 PM +0100 »

Hello all, I'm now ready to kick off our first championship.

As previously mentioned it won't be the Formula Easters as I wanted time to get some advertising out before they kick off - the more drivers the better with these Smiley
And I'll need to know the length of my first season before I can do so, hence this poll!

In the mean time I want a quick pole to see how you'd prefer me to run the events once they start.
Currently I'm running a simple - easy to prepare for - event on the days preceding the SRO events that most of us are entered in. My logic being it keeps our grids bigger on those weeks and also gives some good old fashioned fun.

However, with a proper series now ready to kick off how would you like me to proceed from a scheduling point of view?

Your options are as follows:

• a. Weekly events and only 1 season at a time.
        This will mean we fire through the seasons and races at a fair old rate, but it could also interfere with turnout when lying near days when we're all racing 'away'
  • b. Bi-weekly events with 2 con-current seasons at the same time.
        This would essentially be a continuation of what I'm doing now - the 'serious' season would be timed to occur away from popular events elsewhere, and a simpler 'fun' season
        (like the Okayama race or the upcoming Alfieri race) would run in parallel on the 'busy' Wednesdays.
  • c. Bi-weekly events with only 1 season running
        This would be the same as option b, only the event next to an away event would be something completely random each week.
        This is my own least favored option as my work load will be highest, and probably the worst for races too as we'll be in a new car every other week...

Personally I think that Option B should satisfy the largest number of members but would like feedback on whether I'm right or not.

Additional suggestions will also be considered if you have anything else that could work.

Don't forget to vote in the poll Wink
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 04:06:49 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 03:36:04 PM +0100 »

Option B.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 04:24:49 PM +0100 »

I vote option 1 but theres a point alternate races between SRO series an SRUK...however anything goes as usual as long cars are intresting. Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 07:46:17 PM +0100 »

I voted the option A, but I like also the B.
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 09:17:38 PM +0100 »

I voted C. I like some variation every week.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 11:26:14 AM +0100 »

b or c for me, once the world returns to normality/banality i'll struggle to find time for consecutive nights racing.

Am I alone in actually enjoying this lockdown? Having time to relax in my own home and garden and enjoying free time for once in my life  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 12:17:10 PM +0100 »

I barely notice the difference Grin

Although I'm switching to production to support one of our assembly plants next week so will actually have to go out again.
Aside from 20 miles of deserted A46 between me and my new place of work I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it Sad
I'm really hoping it won't involve shift work, as that could cause major issues here...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com