The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 07:25:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: What’s your preference?
DTM Series 80’s/90’s - 4 (21.1%)
Alfa GTA saloon car series - 12 (63.2%)
Alfa 33 Tipo Cup series - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Next historics series  (Read 2318 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:43:07 PM +0000 »

I’m planning to run one of the above alternate weeks with a new modern series. Got others in mind but don’t need too many options to muddy the waters.
So state your preference as I don’t mind either  Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 06:47:15 PM +0000 »

I wouldn't mind all 3 of them, but I prefer to start with the GTA and same format at TCR. I personally find the DTM cars to be modern.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:00:14 AM +0000 »

I can forget it due ages, so, better to leave it here for next series  Cheesy
Taken from 2018 BTCC.
Scoring system:
20-17-15-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for the top 15 finishers.
It's more better than we have now.  Cool
May be this system and 2 races format will allow me to run in this old hods series  Grin
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:06:38 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 10:09:13 AM +0000 »

yep like that scoring system, thanks Baikal. Smiley

Good to see the GTA series leading so far as thats my preference to build us back to some historics racing. Would we all prefer to keep the 2x20 minute format that worked well in TCR? or a single 40 minute race?

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 10:16:25 PM +0000 »

2 races format is good for have fun with slow cars.

I sincerely prefer the scoring system used for TCR series, it rewards more important positions. I also think that there will probably be fewer pilots than in the TCR, 10 positions at points seem fair to me.
Until not so long ago, in F1 they gave points only to the first 6, and going to points was already a success for mid-ranking pilots and cars.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 12:13:01 AM +0000 »

Look at TCR UK scoring system: 20 positions in points and first 4 pilots has 5 point gap.
https://www.tcruk.co.uk/pdf/TCR_UK_REGS_Published_Copy.pdf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:19:35 AM +0000 »

Until not so long ago, in F1 they gave points only to the first 6, and going to points was already a success for mid-ranking pilots and cars.
It is in real life, when there are a lot of pilots has a reason to finish the race anyway , w\o taken points. Money, contracts, to be better than teammate , girls and fanats and so on.
In simracing it is not working when you are racing w\o actual fight and out of points.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:22:18 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:21 AM +0000 »

f1 rewards the elite of the top tier. Here its nice to give everyone points to race for, otherwise i find they just quit the race over a minor incident or lack of pace. Also sometimes you find yourself punted down the order through no fault of your own so they become consolation points. The cream still generally rises to the top of the points chart.  Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:23 AM +0000 »

f1 rewards the elite of the top tier. Here its nice to give everyone points to race for, otherwise i find they just quit the race over a minor incident or lack of pace. Also sometimes you find yourself punted down the order through no fault of your own so they become consolation points. The cream still generally rises to the top of the points chart.  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 06:01:57 PM +0000 »

I'll drive any of that lot.
2x 20 is a good format for silly saloon type stuff (Even if they ran 1.5/2 hours races back in the day), but we might want to think about the reversed grib for this - I'm not sure it would feel very 'period' Grin
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 03:59:03 PM +0000 »

Now that I'm aware of the GPL mod for AC, can we have a season with that one at some point in the future?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 08:12:34 AM +0000 »

We're hoping to Syd, make sure you join in the test race on Wednesday so we can get as much data as poss.
I'm hoping we don't go down the ballast/restrictors route and can instead use a more GPL style of equalisation.
Ideally I think we would want all of the teams represented, and maybe allow the Lotus drivers the option to run the 33 on suitable tracks  Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 07:56:05 PM +0000 »

Running 9 or 10 races a season,and requiring everyone to use a car only once in a season would be a good old GPL handicap to me.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 09:43:59 PM +0000 »

Assuming the test race goes well and we are able to actually ‘race’ each other in them, I would hope we can run a season using the GPL mod at some point. Are there enough suitable tracks ?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 10:52:38 PM +0000 »

World Champ tracks I know of for AC (legality is up to you guys).

Kyalami 67 - Mod
Monaco 66 - Mod
Mosport - Mod (any version available, the layout hasn't changed)
Watkins Glen - Mod (Classic short (No chicanes) is closest I know of to the original layout)
Monza road '66 - AC Stock
Silverstone '66 - AC Stock
Nurburgring - AC stock if we run Nordschliefe, Mod; if the classic Nurburgring I've seen about is any good/legal
Rouen - Mod (longest Layout) - (Should be Le Mans Bugatti, But A. I don't think the tracks been made in AC. and B. It's rubbish, even the drivers said so at the time.)
Zandvort - (mod for historic layout, but this is very good)
Spa '66 - Mod. modern would work but isn't 'right' in GPL terms as most of us are likely to finish the race.
Mexico City - Mod (but graphically it's rubbish, and the '88 layout)

Non Championship include Brands, and Oulton from stuff we know is good - and Jarama which I think I've seen knocking about.
Based on all the UKGPL races over the years they can be raced anywhere and still guarantee a big grin, any historic/classic track would be awesome Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com