by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 09:58:16 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19P80 Imola: November 13, 2019
November 13, 2019, 08:31:37 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#40) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.355
100.860mph
1 49:16.115
99.883mph
26 1:51.981
101.413mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#77) GTC-TC-76 1 1:52.240
101.179mph
2 +11.986
99.480mph
26 1:51.962
101.431mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#90) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.951
99.451mph
3 +1L
95.928mph
25 1:54.475
99.204mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#5) GTC-TC-76 5 +4.510
97.271mph
4 +11.076
95.571mph
25 1:56.793
97.235mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#60) GTC-TC-76 5 +2L
91.862mph
24 2:00.147
94.521mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar (#84) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.408
100.813mph
6 +55.963
90.161mph
24 1:53.611
99.958mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#74) GTC-TC-76 6 +9.057
93.625mph
7 +7L 19 1:57.769
96.429mph
DQ
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:52.240
98.063mph
Erling G-P
Qualifying
BMW M1 ProcarNovember 13, 2019, 08:31:37 PM +0000
L19P80
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:51.962
98.306mph
Erling G-P
Race
BMW M1 ProcarNovember 13, 2019, 08:31:37 PM +0000
L19P80
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 1980 BMW M1 Procar - Imola - Nov 13  (Read 2251 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2019, 09:31:18 PM +0000 »

Funny sort of evening. Had some Windows updates earlier in the day & when I started the PC in the evening no apps worked  Huh. So after a little swearing & cursing I decided the best thing was to shut down & try again, success all worked OK now, so was very late joining & practice was nearly over. First qually lap was average & then I crashed the car, second attempt was nearly as bad, ran off track twice & was amazed it was still fast enough for 2nd on the grid, then I crashed again, qually over.

Got a good start & grabbed the lead but it didn't last long, got out of shape at Acqua Minerale & Erling & Dan went past then ran wide out of Variante Alta & lost two more places  Roll Eyes. Retook Rog & Clive on the next laps & set off after the leaders, took a few laps to catch up & got handed 2nd when Dan ran wide at Rivazza. So just Erling left. Gradually reeled him in then went grass-tracking & lost the time I had gained, was starting to catch up again when Erling had a very uncharacteristic spin at Tosa & I just squeezed through the gap between his car & the kerb. Managed to gradually extend the lead & had enough in hand to have a relaxed run through the back-markers on the last few laps. Thanks to all who pulled over & waved me through  thumbup1.

Congrats to Erling & Clive on the podium  clap clap & also to the same suspects on the Championship podium.  clap clap Had Erling not missed a couple of races it may well have been much closer.

Finally thanks to the mighty Tony for wonderful organisation.  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:35:25 PM +0000 by Geoffers » Logged
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2019, 10:21:26 PM +0000 »

Not much exitement regarding the Championship, since 1st & 2nd was settled before this race.  Still, who doesn't want to win the finale?  Had hoped to make things a little less easy for Geoffers, but alas, wasn't to be.

Lost the lead at the start, but got it back later on L1 as Geoffers mentioned.  Had close company from Dan for a couple of laps, until he fell back a little.  Noticed Geoffers behind him and hoped he would keep him occupied for a while. He quickly forgot about the brown envelope however, or maybe Geoffers had slipped him an even fatter one, for he soon let him through.  Geoffers soon up close, and with an amateurish mistake, the rear end broke loose, and I couldn't prevent it from coming round.  Handed Geoffers the lead and a 6-sec gap.  Once things start to go wrong, they often continue, and I lost more time later on the same lap.

Caught backmarkers in unfortunate places and lost a little more time - no fault of the drivers, who all did their best to help me past - thanks!   Late in the race when I passed Tony, he went so far off track to help me past, that I was afraid he might lose control. Gave him a wide berth, which then earned me a cut warning in one of the chicanes. That was the 2nd one, so had to be real careful in the remaining 5-6 laps.  Never able to close the gap to Geoffers again; only shorten it a little on a lap here and there - and see it stretch on others.

Grats to Geoffers on the win & Championship  clap clap  And to Clive for the 3rds as well  clap
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2019, 10:38:42 AM +0000 »

Sorry, Thursday is no go for me.  Sad

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2019, 12:55:09 PM +0000 »

Hope all turns out well for Kurt and his Mum and that she makes good progress.  yes

Grats to Geoffers and Erling on their respective silverware.
 Also sorry to see that Fulvio will be missing from our Wed evening fun. Just FWIW Thursdays would be a no go for me as I play badminton in a vain attempt to stay remotely active and fit. Ironically, my current problems with gallbladder/gallstones whilst I wait for an op, has resulted in me carelessly mislaying about 25lbs of apparently unnecessary ballast....I wonder if that will improve my laptimes??

To repeat an often used phrase.."just getting a handle on these cars and the season ends"  Undecided.

I am well aware that I tend to be ham footed in simracing and that is most definitely NOT the way to coax these cars around any track. Throughout the season I have been carefully evolving the same setup, one that is first of all stable and predictable and using that I have tried to be much smoother and controlled with the brakes and gas etc. The biggest realisation for me was that in the early races I was downshifting much too soon and effectively locking the rear wheels, something that my dodgy shifter only made worse.
 (Huge thanks to Matt who found a G25 shifter lurking in his loft, surplus to requirements, and generously offered it to me at a giveaway price. I have a sneaky suspicion that I may be required to follow "team orders" in some future races??!  Roll Eyes )
I am light years off the pace of our 2 resident aliens, but at least I can complete a race in these cars and maintain a reasonably competitive pace. Given all my excuses I am quite chuffed to have finished 3rd in the championship and was at least able to share the champagne  Grin. In the race at Imola I also found that I was protecting the tyres correctly ( may be even too much?) and I finished the race with around 75% of the rubber still available and all 4 corners still with a hint of green  Shocked. At the beginning of this season I was contemplating a tyre change by lap 5...if the car was still usable by then!!! Undecided

Once again Christmas is looming and daddy needs a new wheel. Preferably one that does not have a dead spot around the centre/straight ahead position. Some of you might have noticed that my car traverses each straight like an inebriated duck as I constantly nudge the steering first one way then the other. I apologise if it looks like I am weaving to block a pass, but honestly I am just trying to keep the car on the grey stuff  Wink.

I am guessing that there are a few different wheels in use amongst the UKGTL faithful, so any feedback on what represents the best bang for you buck would be appreciated.  Wink
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 01:00:30 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2019, 01:12:49 PM +0000 »

Hope all turns out well for Kurt and his Mum and that she makes good progress.  yes

Grats to Geoffers and Erling on their respective silverware.
 Also sorry to see that Fulvio will be missing from our Wed evening fun. Just FWIW Thursdays would be a no go for me as I play badminton in a vain attempt to stay remotely active and fit. Ironically, my current problems with gallbladder/gallstones whilst I wait for an op, has resulted in me carelessly mislaying about 25lbs of apparently unnecessary ballast....I wonder if that will improve my laptimes??

To repeat an often used phrase.."just getting a handle on these cars and the season ends"  Undecided.

I am well aware that I tend to be ham footed in simracing and that is most definitely NOT the way to coax these cars around any track. Throughout the season I have been carefully evolving the same setup, one that is first of all stable and predictable and using that I have tried to be much smoother and controlled with the brakes and gas etc. The biggest realisation for me was that in the early races I was downshifting much too soon and effectively locking the rear wheels, something that my dodgy shifter only made worse.
 (Huge thanks to Matt who found a G25 shifter lurking in his loft, surplus to requirements, and generously offered it to me at a giveaway price. I have a sneaky suspicion that I may be required to follow "team orders" in some future races??!  Roll Eyes )
I am light years off the pace of our 2 resident aliens, but at least I can complete a race in these cars and maintain a reasonably competitive pace. Given all my excuses I am quite chuffed to have finished 3rd in the championship and was at least able to share the champagne  Grin. In the race at Imola I also found that I was protecting the tyres correctly ( may be even too much?) and I finished the race with around 75% of the rubber still available and all 4 corners still with a hint of green  Shocked. At the beginning of this season I was contemplating a tyre change by lap 5...if the car was still usable by then!!! Undecided

Once again Christmas is looming and daddy needs a new wheel. Preferably one that does not have a dead spot around the centre/straight ahead position. Some of you might have noticed that my car traverses each straight like an inebriated duck as I constantly nudge the steering first one way then the other. I apologise if it looks like I am weaving to block a pass, but honestly I am just trying to keep the car on the grey stuff  Wink.

I am guessing that there are a few different wheels in use amongst the UKGTL faithful, so any feedback on what represents the best bang for you buck would be appreciated.  Wink
Clive have you already tried Logitech utility to set Dead zone?

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2019, 01:24:56 PM +0000 »

Yes, I have Fulvio. It is currently set to zero.

I suspect that the problem is general wear on the rack and pinion mechanism and therefore no amount of adjusting within the Logitech Profiler will solve the problem. I have tried to "dial out" the problem as much as possible by using all of the various parameters, but I am still left with around 5 degrees of nothing around the straight ahead position.

If I could purchase a new plastic rack part and a new pinion for the motor shaft, the change over is quite simple......but NEW parts for an old G25 wheel are not plentiful. It did occur to me that maybe Logitech are using the same components on their latest wheels? but I have no info about that.
Maybe an email to Logitech might ( or probably would not ) provide some answers and parts.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com