The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 12:27:35 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Nürburgring: November 28, 2018
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Nürburgring 1990's DTM - Fun race - Nov 28  (Read 1988 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 11:52:00 AM +0000 »

Server relaunched with correct Beamer (hopefully), correct track (hopefully, although it is the GP version as stated in the Calendar entry and not the Sprint) and no password

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 11:58:08 AM +0000 »

I thought I had selected the GT version of the GP circuit.

You did, but I think, judging from MJ's description, he wants the shorter layout, without the hairpin (from T4 to T11).
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:04 PM +0000 »

Long track please, got some good corners in the full GP, like the Schumacher esses, plus outbraking opportunites at the hairpin before it   Cool

Just to clarify the track config (as my first race post  Wink ) it says long GP with the fast chicane at the end  Smiley   where is nfsw when you need him? he always clarifies the right version of Nurby GP whilst we all guess at it  Grin
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:07:04 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 01:13:38 PM +0000 »

Just to clarify the track config (as my first race post  Wink ) it says long GP with the fast chicane at the end  Smiley   where is nfsw when you need him? he always clarifies the right version of Nurby GP whilst we all guess at it  Grin

"the layout that uses most of main GP track". How is that read as the full GP track? Tongue

Poor Pete, we should stick to single layout tracks  Grin
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 01:39:34 PM +0000 »

And you wondered why i queried the car versions!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 02:29:40 PM +0000 »

Server is set to the tight chicane, which is IMO the better version for these cars. It gives an overtaking spot and feels less do-or-die than the other version. which is more suited to high downforce cars.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 02:34:57 PM +0000 »

Just to clarify the track config (as my first race post  Wink ) it says long GP with the fast chicane at the end  Smiley   where is nfsw when you need him? he always clarifies the right version of Nurby GP whilst we all guess at it  Grin

"the layout that uses most of main GP track". How is that read as the full GP track? Tongue

Poor Pete, we should stick to single layout tracks  Grin

it is the whole GP track but with the fast chicane at end.  But matters not, i'm just as happy with the dive-bomb tight chicane so leave it at that.  My bad as i didnt note the correct name of the layout when i was in the tracks earlier yesterday.  Embarrassed  Flipping amateur  Grin

So after all that its just the stock GP layout  laugh
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:38:18 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 03:27:55 PM +0000 »

Actually the game makes it hard as it fails to be consistent in naming things. If I'd actually looked at the folder structure the DTM E30 is obvious, it has DTM in the name. However in acServerManager it's called the Grp.A 92. Similarly the tracks have different names, we need layout_gp_a or layout_gp_b (which is GT?)

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 04:28:16 PM +0000 »

Did a few laps and the results for me are pretty disappointing. With my laps, there seems to be 2 groups of cars which are fairly equal RS500/BMW and Alfa/Merc.

The Ford needs a bit of weight to be balanced to the BMW and the weight difference between the Alfa and the Merc needs to be a bit smaller. But how you are going to get those 2 groups together, I have no idea.

Hopefully more people will give it a go as this is just me  Tongue
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 05:40:04 PM +0000 »

Long track please, got some good corners in the full GP, like the Schumacher esses, plus outbraking opportunites at the hairpin before it   Cool

Going by the picture we should be on the Nordschliefe though Tongue

I'll try and drop on tonight to try some cars - I would imagine that'll be the 190e and the RS500.
On the subject of the 500 have you kept a backup of the version on the server - based on his current record the guy will have updated the bleeding thing twice by Wednesday, which will scupper late joiners Roll Eyes
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 06:16:40 PM +0000 »

One more note on the RS500, it doesn't simulate gearbox damage, which will be a huge advantage as you can just ram it into gears and I struggle to finish 20 minutes with the others  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 07:15:19 PM +0000 »

Think we need a few more times before making alterations plus you are a bit of an enigma Jeff  Tongue

If several others find similar we can either lump some kg in the Sierra or reduce it in the Alfa.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 09:26:55 PM +0000 »

So it seems the Merc and Alfa need a bit of air restriction also??..

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 10:40:18 PM +0000 »

Eh.? Nobody has set a time in the Alfa yet.(except Jeff and he's weird  Grin )  It's hard enough getting ballast right, would need a lot more testing or benchmarking to see what effect the air restrictor has.  Undecided

I'm doing all my times on 30L fuel and meds to keep it consistent, not sure what others are doing? So far just using default setup though I did apply a couple of tweaks to my Sierra setup on its last couple of Laps.

I found the Merc difficult as it just wouldn't stop in time and I kept blowing my laps. Sure I can be quicker in all of them with more laps and setups.
Impressed with the Sierra mod, good quality all round.  Smiley

Will run more laps tomorrow eve. Keep pumping them in gents  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:42:51 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 08:31:45 AM +0000 »

If people could share their fastest laptime setup, that would speed up the testing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com