The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:01:03 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Nürburgring: November 28, 2018
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Nürburgring 1990's DTM - Fun race - Nov 28  (Read 1893 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2018, 09:21:17 AM +0000 »

thanks Pete, will have to see how it affects things in the race tonight, but hopefully they all meet in the middle a little more now.

I'll prob take a BMW for one race and an RS500 for another.  Though if there is a horde of RS's i'll jump in an Alfa. Hope we have a decent mix  Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 09:28:48 AM +0000 »

You da man Pete  Wink
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 11:22:17 AM +0000 »

The Alfa and Ford seem balanced now, with the Merc losing 15 kg, it should be a few tenths faster as well. The BMW was already in the low 2:11's for me, so I think it looks pretty good right now.

I'll take the Alfa tonight, as it's the best looking car by far.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2018, 11:33:27 AM +0000 »

Sounds good, thanks for retesting Jeff  Smiley  glad my guess-timates worked out  Grin

Tonights slightly revised race program:-

Race 1
Practise: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  20 mins

Race 2
Qual: 20:55 (5 mins)
Race: 21:00  20 mins

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2018, 12:32:12 PM +0000 »

Oh no reversed grid. Does changing cars make it more of a hassle to get the results?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2018, 12:44:00 PM +0000 »

yes changing cars screws up the results imports, which is why we are running two separate races so you can change cars for the 2nd race. Reverse grid can wait until the proper season starts. With only 5mins qually for the 2nd race you will have to nail a fast lap quite quickly anyway.

Does changing cars during the practise also screw results Pete? Assume not Undecided As i think a few may choose cars depending on what everyone else is in as i dont want a grid of Sierras !  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:46:01 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2018, 12:54:23 PM +0000 »

yes changing cars screws up the results imports, which is why we are running two separate races so you can change cars for the 2nd race. Reverse grid can wait until the proper season starts. With only 5mins qually for the 2nd race you will have to nail a fast lap quite quickly anyway.
I will stop and restart the server after the 1st race to change the timings. 5 min of qual should give everyone a chance to rejoin and maybe get a lap in

Does changing cars during the practise also screw results Pete? Assume not Undecided As i think a few may choose cars depending on what everyone else is in as i dont want a grid of Sierras !  Tongue
I'm not sure what the import process will make of a double header where people drive a different car in each race. My guess is, as I won't be taking the starting positions from the previous race, the results will import OK. However people changing cars within each race does cause me headaches as I have to manually edit out the data for the car they didn't race in. It helps me if people know what they'll drive before each race and join just in that car and stick to it.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2018, 01:04:44 PM +0000 »

So changing cars between races is fine, but preferably not during the sessions?
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 01:31:07 PM +0000 »

Mark's plans is possible only in 2 separate races with shutdown the server after 1st race, documenting results of it, then starts another server config with q and race session. Main thing here is the Pete's fast and correct work. Better to creat this config files before the events.
Collisions are possible when no free cars will available for wishing pilots in 2nd race. ( may be for 1st too). So, it better to inform admins what car will choice every pilot ( to make right amount of cars types in pilots entry list of server.
So, i am inform that it will be 2 races in Ford Sierra.  Smiley Easiest car to drive i ncompare to others.  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:43:32 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2018, 01:41:20 PM +0000 »

It will cause many problems. + need an online activiti of admin ( to be familiar with server commands fron game chat ) and we will need an extended grig track to fill all possible cars choice in 1 time launched server. Better to do 2 separate events.. And better to have 10 min second Q it this case. ( not all pilots will connect to server in 1 second after 2 nd event started. so 10 min of second q is more better to make 1 fast lap in q2.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2018, 02:06:15 PM +0000 »

yeah i think a 10min qual sesh for race 2 then as Pete needs to restart the server and people need to rejoin etc. It takes 2mins a lap too, so most will only get a warm up lap and 2-3 flying laps.

I dont think grid slots/car choices will be a problem as i doubt we will be stacked out with 20 racers  Cry  Just dont all pick the RS500 otherwise its a pointless test race!

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2018, 02:15:40 PM +0000 »

Yup, we're effectively running 2 weekly events but only 5 mins apart Wink

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:36 PM +0000 »

I'll go Merc in one race.
And either ford or alfa in the other depending on what's on the server.

Not a massive fan of the beemer, although that should be a bigger reason to try and use it in a fun event....
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2018, 08:48:33 AM +0000 »

Well that was great fun last night, two very enjoyable races for different reasons  Smiley

Race 1 i was in the Beemer. Had a great early chase with Alexey in his Rs500 whilst Bob battled me. Unfortunately this 3 way battle allowed Jeff and FMG to scamper off in the distance in their Alfas. Bob eventually ran wide and a couple of laps later i got a tank slapper mid fast corner when harrassing Alexey. I had to wait for the whole field to go by before rejoining  Cry but then i had great fun re-catching the pack and fighting my way past about 5-6 cars until i caught Spanner in 5th. I chased him for a few laps and thought id made a good move down the inside at the hairpin. But as i got half way around it the back end stepped out and had an oversteer spin, dropping back a few cars again...d'oh!  But enjoyed it all the same.  Smiley

Race 2 i took the RS500 and qualied 3rd or 4th.
I could immediately tell it wasnt quite so sprightly with the added ballast. I was fortunate that there was a bit of a pile up behind me on lap 1 so i could stretch a gap whilst chasing Bob ahead. FMG and Jeff pulled away once again. I had a long chase of Bob who drove really well whilst Shark did one of his race long stalkings of me, always in my mirrors steadily closing!  boat
Sadly Bob fell off and i was third for almost the whole race but my nemesis shark reeled me in despite me setting some new pb's in the Cosworth. Then with 2-3 laps to go my rear tyres gave up the fight and i had no traction out of the final corner particularly and the rear was sliding about in most of the quick corners, which stopped me getting the cosworth power down. Shark got by and nicked my hard fought 3rd place  taz
But good race again  Smiley

I thought the ballast worked well in evening out the cars. I think i might add 5kg to the Alfa and -5kg to the RS500. But basically i just need to add ballast to Jeff and FMG  Grin the rest of us might catch them up!  Tongue

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2018, 11:18:46 AM +0000 »

I agree 100% with the Alfa needing more ballast.
But am not so sure about changing the Ford. If you look at Jeffreys times you'll see he had half a second over his times in the German contingent.
You also went half a second faster in the Ford Vs the beemer during the races.

Have we got any toys that can plot lap speed over the race? Given the different rates of tire wear I think that's what we need to look at before altering the Ford .

As for the races I really enjoyed them, in race one I finished going slightly quicker than Jeff as he was trying hard to nurse his gearbox, although I also think I may have had a tiny bit of tire life over him as I could catch mid corner a bit towards the end.

Race 2 was epic, I distracted myself just after jeff passed bob, which gave him an easy time closing the gap and then eventually made an unforced error (again) which allowed him past - but not before we had first had some monumental door to door action first  Grin

Really looking forward to a series in these!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com