The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 11:37:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Kyalami: December 05, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Kyalami Grand Prix Legends - Dec 5  (Read 4278 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:07 PM +0000 »

Well. I ran across London, ran for a train, rammed other cars out of the way from Preston to Southport
and managed to get back in time to race  Grin

Was fun. limited practice time, and possibly the slowest (and to me most stable) car meant I was as usual
off the pace, but had a few laps of getting in people's way. I assumed that Wilian was in  Red Ferri, but looks
like it was a Cooper, and though he was quicker over a lap, the H16 flew up the straight faster. Lost it into T1 a couple
of times, and may have bent something, but the car was still drivable.

FMG lapped me in the white whale, that doesn't seem so much whale here as dolphin. awesome pace  thumbup1

Back in the day, when I raced real GPL I mostly drove the Ferrari with Remco Moedt and one season I ran the Eagle, as my
team mate was Chris Moses, and had to look not too slow.... Here the Eagle would be my fave, but I was struggling
to control it.

Oh, and I'm not sure my replay has autosaved, and would like to watch it like FMG if anyone can upload one somewhere
that would be much appreciated.

One thing that more regular ACers might be able to help with?
Always in AC I have trouble with steering, originally the steering was not sensitive enough, and needed massive
arm twirling to make anything happen, sorted that these days with steering angle etc, but for these cars
I could do with more FFB wheel centering. I have increased the FFB level, but that just seem to make road
vibration shake the desk to bits. How can I increase centering without breaking my wrists on kerbs?
It is a G27.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:47:15 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2018, 12:46:55 PM +0000 »

If someone could list the tyre makes for the various cars used I can update our database, or I can use the same tyres as used in the GTL mod.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2018, 12:59:34 PM +0000 »

Hmm, the Mclaren shows as a dummy car in the results yet the others are shown  Huh
I wasn't sure what a suitable option was in the existing database of cars. I think Dave trawls these unknowns every now and again and creates a new car or maps it as appropriate.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2018, 01:01:55 PM +0000 »

I generally notify Dave of any new cars so he can add them to the roster.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2018, 01:22:30 PM +0000 »

Wot Tony said, PM Dave and ask him to add any new cars.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2018, 01:24:58 PM +0000 »

Well. I ran across London, ran for a train, rammed other cars out of the way from Preston to Southport
and managed to get back in time to race  Grin

Was fun. limited practice time, and possibly the slowest (and to me most stable) car meant I was as usual
off the pace, but had a few laps of getting in people's way. I assumed that Wilian was in  Red Ferri, but looks
like it was a Cooper, and though he was quicker over a lap, the H16 flew up the straight faster. Lost it into T1 a couple
of times, and may have bent something, but the car was still drivable.

FMG lapped me in the white whale, that doesn't seem so much whale here as dolphin. awesome pace  thumbup1

Back in the day, when I raced real GPL I mostly drove the Ferrari with Remco Moedt and one season I ran the Eagle, as my
team mate was Chris Moses, and had to look not too slow.... Here the Eagle would be my fave, but I was struggling
to control it.

Oh, and I'm not sure my replay has autosaved, and would like to watch it like FMG if anyone can upload one somewhere
that would be much appreciated.

One thing that more regular ACers might be able to help with?
Always in AC I have trouble with steering, originally the steering was not sensitive enough, and needed massive
arm twirling to make anything happen, sorted that these days with steering angle etc, but for these cars
I could do with more FFB wheel centering. I have increased the FFB level, but that just seem to make road
vibration shake the desk to bits. How can I increase centering without breaking my wrists on kerbs?
It is a G27.

I am on a DFGT and I was having mehh FFB until I used the LUT file. Now it is giving me lots more feeling around center position and back to 900 lock as I don't have to over turn the wheel to get the car to respond.
Pretty sure it would work with the G27.

Oh and running a possible series somewhere in 2019 gives us a bit more time to test all the cars out.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2018, 02:21:07 PM +0000 »

Mark, here's my feedback, for what its worth.

(a) A series with all the GPL cars available would work.  There was a good spread of cars in this race with 5 different marques in the top 5.  And even though we were in different cars, at the end of the day the fast guys were the fastest and us slower guys were the slowest.  I qualified behind Baikal which is where I would have expected to be if this was a single car event.

(b)  Were there more crashes than usual?  My coming together on lap 2, when two cars crashed in front of me, could have happened in any race.    The stats say I had 13 contacts with other cars, but 7 were at the start when I got bumped from behind and 6 were in the aforesaid crash on lap 2. 

(c)  I had a great race with Syd, Eagle v Ferrari.  I would say the Eagle (not me) was faster than the Ferrari (not Syd) but we went down the main straight neck and neck, playing chicken for the bend, on several occasions.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2018, 02:36:42 PM +0000 »

Using LUT with G27. But in some cars i can disable it.
Plus in setup options of this cars we have a steering help. Making steering curve not linear. Default is 100. I used max (200) and it was more informative and smooth in center zone. 

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2018, 02:43:55 PM +0000 »

Ok , Thanks, I was wondering what the steering help was for, the same option has appeared in R3E now as well

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2018, 03:09:12 PM +0000 »

The race had all the prerequisites for having numerous participants and having closed battles, especially between me, FMG and Matteo (we had always did similar lap-times in the previous days).

But it was not, for several reasons.

The race had some accidents directly at the start, at least from what I saw from my mirrors.
FMG, Matteo and I were enclosed in 1 sec (even less in some places) and there should be an epic battle for 30 laps. Unfortunately Matteo lost the control for some reason and his crazy car crossed the whole track, hitting me hard on the side. I think other cars behind me have also been involved.
I came back losing some positions and about 15 seconds from FMG, with the nose of my car very damaged.
I had a nice and gentle duel with Alexey.
In second position I tried to push as much as possible, but by then I was too far from FMG.

My qualifications were terrible, i had big problems with framerates ( especially at the second corner and the last one, where there are the grand-stands) and this distracted me a lot. I managed to make only a decent lap (the last one) and not even perfect.
My PC is old like these cars.
I had also problem with "visual fluctuation" on main straight (more with Alexey's car). This thing can be caused also by bad pc performances or it is more a internet connection thing?

In short, an unlucky race in many things. I'm sure others can be better.

PS: Matteo, the Cooper's team-manager is furious with you. I believe you will lose the place.  Sad
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2018, 12:40:52 PM +0000 »

As Fabri says, close racing was very posible - if the replay does surface just watch the first few laps. Way better than GT3's and arguably more going on between Manteos and I than even occurred in the TCR's Grin
From the description Manteo's accident was a very out of character loss of control - this could happen to anyone in any car so I don't think we should read anything into it.

I would definitely be up for punishing myself further in the White Whale to claim further victories in HER name.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2018, 03:22:42 PM +0000 »

As you know FMG that is not going to happen from a historical perspective.  Wink

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Alessandro Tancioni

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:37 PM +0000 »

Before my race comment i have to excuse with you guys for my race.
Bad start and maybe the worst race i never been with you.

i knew that i was slow, but i never imagined to be dangerous Cheesy

those cars are very difficult to manage for me.

Alessandro Tancioni
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2018, 05:29:20 PM +0000 »

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/phspok1/AC_051218-211736_R_gpl67_brm_kyalami_1967_ REPLAY

Mak80

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2018, 11:22:54 PM +0000 »

Just released

Version 2.15 Changelog (from version 2.0)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed swapped mirrors
- Improved A-arm fixing points (Brabham, Eagle, Honda)
- Fixed steering wheel position on Honda and Brabham
- Updated Honda skin, improved reflections
- Updated Engine sounds for Honda and McLaren
- Errors on suspension nodes
- Added shift delays for flappy paddle shifters to disable (online) hotshifting

Download (VIEW README FOR INSTALL)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/im2a4v34s1za92q/20181207_AC_1967_Grand_Prix_Legends_Mod_version_2.15.rar/file

Manual:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g0tv5cx4xhjfhug/AC_1967_GrandPrix_Legends_2.15_Release_Notes_2018-12-06.pdf/file
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com