The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 07:46:57 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Kyalami: December 05, 2018
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Kyalami Grand Prix Legends - Dec 5  (Read 4256 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 09:34:59 AM +0000 »

Now how do we stop everyone taking Eagles and Lotus?  cowboy

Give everyone in those the stinkeye.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 12:46:44 PM +0000 »

Everyone has to watch the Grand Prix movie the night before the race  thumbup1  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsJ8aYc7AHM

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 01:48:05 PM +0000 »

What would really help to get people upto speed and encourage more to join in, is if you veteran historic single seater racers put some good baseline setups together for all to use  Smiley

It's not quite that easy Tongue
This isn't GPL so us 'veteran' GPL'ers and whatnot are equally flailing  Cheesy

I can stick my setups on Stracker as I go - but I only intend concentrating on the Honda, so the rest will be only the most basic improvements on the stock setup to give me an idea of pace/handling.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 02:48:40 PM +0000 »

Physics are still physics  Wink Though there will be intricasies of difference between GPL and AC,  i would think (and hope) that the same setup principles apply to setting up a single seater race car of that period  Undecided

Any reading bumph links about setting them up on the interweb ?

These move around nicely, feels great 4-wheel drifting through a corner  Smiley

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 04:13:25 PM +0000 »

I found a lot of information about the GPL cars here http://www.intothered.dk/simracing/cars.html  Try the various links on this page.  However, some of the settings are different to AC and use different units.  I tried to recreate an AC setup based on the corresponding GPL setup and I couldn't even get the car to drive in a straight line  Angry
I've since had another go which I will test tonight, but I'm not confident.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 04:33:03 PM +0000 »

Anyway it will be the fight with own car, not with opponents. Tryed some setup approach and not satisfied in every of that. It will be a wonder for me if i'll find a setup and will drive well stabilized. If not- let the fanat's guys fight in race without my possible stupid mistakes, when i ruining others good game and fun  Smiley
Track is awesome. Wishing a P962ST races here  Smiley

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 04:43:42 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 05:30:19 PM +0000 »

Laptimes for now seem to show same gaps between cars that there were at Silverstone. I'd be curious to see Honda's laptimes; FMG if possible can you compare them with the BRM? I don't know if you in VR have trouble seeing the RPMs.

About setups, I'm not a great expert. I'm using the same way like other cars in AC.

-Differential is maybe the most important thing in these cars. I like close diff.

-*Cambers: -1,5 front   -0,8 rear
-*Toe: neg in front and zero/slightly positive on rear
-*Height: lower possible with the rear slightly higher

-Springs, dampers are relative on track
-Anti-roll bars, first set the front and then the rear one to balance the handling of the car (understeering, oversteering). More bar, more precision.

-Check tire-pressure with app.

NB: * these values must be adjusted at the end, and are the values obtained. They depend on the suspension settings.

When I find a good setup (for Cooper) I will link it here using dropbox. 

I think close battles are possible also with these cars, almost checking laptimes for moment. Me and Matteo have similar lap-times, here and at Silverstone.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 07:40:37 PM +0000 »

I can see the BRM rev gauge easy enough, but in the Honda it's largely obscured in VR.
As the driver arm animation still works it's not a major problem.

In GPL, Kyalami was one of the few tracks that let the BRM compete with the rest. Well, by rest I mean anything upto a Cooper  Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 05:37:39 PM +0000 »

I like the BRM, it is rather tail heavy, but more stable then the Eagle that I could not get to grips with
it wanders around too much, like a jelly car. The Ferri is nice too not tried any others.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 06:31:51 PM +0000 »

I hope to join the fun. I'll be in the BRM as I'm really not much slower in that than in the other cars and it is a great drive. I'll probably be at the back either way having not done much racing for a while now.

Tyre wear is much greater than with other cars but I managed a 30 minute race against the AI without any issues.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 06:36:12 PM +0000 »

Grin You will be next to last that's reserved for me!
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 07:14:01 PM +0000 »

Here my setup with Cooper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddxsvgbcol43nqy/cooper%20kyalami.ini?dl=0

Not sure if it is good or not. Car is a bit dangerous on second and third corner, and on last one is a bit hard change 2nd-3rd gear controlling the car with only one hand. Maybe need a different gear-set.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 08:55:19 PM +0000 »

There are only three cars for each make on the server. How are they allocated? I'd hate to practice with one car, just to get to the server for the race, and see it taken.
I've been driving F312 with the default setup, and 1.20.055 is already better than my GPL PB Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 09:47:29 PM +0000 »

Good point Syd, didn’t expect this mod to be quite so popular  Undecided. I could do a driver entry file with peoples pre chosen cars, though that causes other problems. Easier if people state their intention to race and chosen car in this thread and we can try and make sure enough car variants are available on the server for race night.

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 10:34:53 PM +0000 »

Ok, then reserve one Ferrari F312 for me Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com