The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 04:43:43 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Kyalami: December 05, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Kyalami Grand Prix Legends - Dec 5  (Read 4293 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2018, 08:03:17 PM +0000 »

What name is he trying to connect with?

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2018, 08:41:12 PM +0000 »

Sorry Fabri Cry Cry

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2018, 08:56:39 PM +0000 »

my race night was ruined by useless BT's broadband once more  Angry  Couldn't get further than two corners before it would drop connection, then it went off from 8 until 8.50ish  Roll Eyes
Hope those that made it had a good race.

No idea why your friend cant join Syd, but he really should have tried before race night, its been running all week on the server. Then we could have offered solutions.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2018, 09:22:59 PM +0000 »

Badly damaged before first corner had to struggle round then sit in pits for 90 secs. Carried on and did several laps on a pb. Even last lap was my fastest so was pleased in spite of. Great combo. thumbup2
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2018, 09:23:20 PM +0000 »

Sorry Fabri Cry Cry

The Italian Job!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2018, 09:31:35 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the race guys!
Congrats FMG and Fabri!
My stabil setup was a race strategy main point.
And look- i am in podium!   Tongue

and Fabri- you asked. Yes i have a connect visual fluctuation to you. As always. Thanks for your patience in race Smiley
BTW this cars is not my favorite, and not so fun for me, but our fathers was drive it in 1967. I was born in 67 too  Roll Eyes It was just a memory act to these times from me
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:35:45 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2018, 09:44:18 PM +0000 »

These cars are just sooooooo much fun.  Got bumped on the start line, then second lap two cars collided in front of me and I had nowhere to go.  After pitting for repairs, had a great race with Syd in his little red Ferrari, even though I was a lap down on him.  Hope he didn't mind, but otherwise it would have just been hot lapping for us both.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2018, 10:30:01 PM +0000 »

He used Dorman Olas, and I saw his name in the driver list, he tried to connect with different cars, but never got fully on the server.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2018, 10:39:29 PM +0000 »

That was a hell of a lot of fun. The opening fight with Matteo was frankly amazing.
I bogged down on the start and had to kick the clutch again to get away, which allowed Matteo into first. He didn't pull away immediately and seemed much slower out of the turns (brand new Honda V12 Vs 10 year old Masserati V12!) so I just waited until the main straight and then powered up alongside over the hill.
Matteo didn't give up and we battle side by side for the rest of the lap - each car gaining the advantage at different points but being surprisingly well matched.
Then Matteo lost it and collected Fabri, gifting me a large lead and I guess pretty much destroying his own car.

If anyone had the reply can you please share it, I'd love to watch that fight - but for some reason my replay is missing the first 5 minutes or so  Undecided

Well done Fabri and Alexey on the podium, and to all the survivors. In GPL just finishing is half the race   Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2018, 10:44:27 PM +0000 »

He used Dorman Olas, and I saw his name in the driver list, he tried to connect with different cars, but never got fully on the server.

3 possible issues :
1. The mod is installed wrong, if he hadn't installed the 49 and 312 correctly the game would crash back to menu as soon as it had to load one.
2. He doesn't have the 2.1 version of the cars (although he shouldn't be able to join in this case).
3. He doesn't have the correct version of the track  - although again, I don't think he should be able to join the server in that case.

AC is fairly solid so there isn't much else I can think of..
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2018, 11:01:07 PM +0000 »

The opening fight with Matteo was frankly amazing.

But it was too short. I was hoping for a close battle with you and Fabri during the entire race, but I ruined mine and his race with a power oversteer after two laps. I'm really angry with myself, because it could have been a great race. I hope we will have the chance to race again with this mod chaps. See you  Wink

And sorry again Fabri Sad

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 08:43:55 AM +0000 »

He tried another name first, Dorman Kudin. He's then appeared in the results file only as Dorman Olas, with 4 different cars, but with no laps times so I'll manual delete him before importing as I don't know his forum name.

The reason in the log file for his connections terminating was

Code:
read tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.37:9957->xxx.xxx.xxx.214:21839: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
I assume he can join other AC servers ok? I wonder if the name change, but same GUID, confused the poor game?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 09:11:16 AM +0000 »

so it seems like after 7 pages of pre race chat only about 10-12 guys raced?  Huh Must admit i thought this mod would be more popular with the attention it garnered.  Undecided  As always on our server it seems more people like to hotlap than actually race  Sad

We would need about 12-15 regulars to make it a decent series.

Though we are in the xmas silly spell so may be difficult for people to race. Undecided  We can run another test race in January, especially as my ISP denied me a race in them Smiley

Interested to hear if people were able to 'race' them against each other and how the different cars fared.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:22:53 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2018, 11:04:33 AM +0000 »

Yes, too bad you had a disco MJ.

As I had an accident in the second or third lap I had no real fights on track as the gaps where quite big. However being in a the slower rated? Brabham I think I had a reasonable pace. Faster guys can get it round much quicker I am sure.

It was pretty brilliant and fun to drive these things, so i am up for a series. GPL style or fixed car choice, either way is good afaik. Just less fun if the fast guys also pick the fastest rides, then we are better of with a Lotus 49 cup.  Roll Eyes

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2018, 12:20:10 PM +0000 »

yeah looking at the laptimes i could have been battling the top 3  Shocked  Cry

sounds like there were quite a few incidents though for an 11 car grid  Tongue which is my main fear for these cars in a series.

Hmm, the Mclaren shows as a dummy car in the results yet the others are shown  Huh

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com