The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 12:19:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Kyalami: December 05, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Kyalami Grand Prix Legends - Dec 5  (Read 4298 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2018, 06:46:11 PM +0000 »

Syd, not a problem once I've made one - I haven't driven the car yet though so it won't be for a while.
I'll do it after I've eaten so should have something in an hour or 2.

I've just had a go in the Lotus 49.
My God it's an animal! It just doesn't stop moving under you  Grin
If I can get a little more traction without making it too stable there is still loads more time to be found I think.
As it is you're dancing on a constant knife edge just trying to point in the direction you're going  Cheesy
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2018, 06:49:30 PM +0000 »

Don't worry I didn't see anything as being ungrateful. These things are often done on my laptop, which objects somewhat violently to running AC, so I tend to let you guys tell me what's wrong Wink

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2018, 07:21:26 PM +0000 »

I will race with the Cooper tomorrow, if I'll be on time for the race Roll Eyes.

Even Riccardo Gengotti and Daniele Scarpa of the VDA will probably join the race. I will tell them to choose their car in this topic. See you Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Mak80

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2018, 08:07:45 PM +0000 »

hi guys from a gpl's lover Smiley

i'm a (very) slow gentleman driver

i raced from 1998 to 2008 in an italian championship "Gpfun", then i passed to rf1 and rf2.

i tryed yesterdy night this mod (apart ferrari - i haven't that DLC) and it seems quite good for a gpl nostalgic like me.

so...
I'm monitoring your site/league, if race days, format and times will be compatible I could try to participate
we'll see Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2018, 08:30:16 PM +0000 »

Mate would you share your ferrari setup? Preferably via dropbox or something like it, since I don't have stracker.

Link is here Syd:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/osj553gsvt8eudr/AACky3pn_0MYInGHj6msQOaya?dl=0

It could be better, but feels quite stable/grippy compared to the Lotus/Eagle. Still not slow though.
That's fuelled for 40 mins with my driving, you might need to change tire pressures depending on how your style differs to mine Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2018, 08:40:34 PM +0000 »

Welcome Mak80, don’t worry about your pace, we have all skill levels here. We crave clean racers over must win at all cost types, so sure you will fit right in  Smiley

Just for car spread I am going to take the  McLaren  Smiley

1:18 mids seems my average pace with 30L onboard, not sure how to find a bit more time  Undecided Do you recommend more or less power diff for that uphill right final turn? In the McLaren I have 45/30 power/coast. I’d need hours to test all the setup permutations  Sad

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2018, 09:01:07 PM +0000 »

1:18 mids seems my average pace with 30L onboard, not sure how to find a bit more time  Undecided Do you recommend more or less power diff for that uphill right final turn? In the McLaren I have 45/30 power/coast. I’d need hours to test all the setup permutations  Sad

Easiest way to see which way to go, is to set it to the maximum. For me that's the quickest way of finding what I like.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:49 PM +0000 »

Mate would you share your ferrari setup? Preferably via dropbox or something like it, since I don't have stracker.

Link is here Syd:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/osj553gsvt8eudr/AACky3pn_0MYInGHj6msQOaya?dl=0

It could be better, but feels quite stable/grippy compared to the Lotus/Eagle. Still not slow though.
That's fuelled for 40 mins with my driving, you might need to change tire pressures depending on how your style differs to mine Smiley

Thanks, trying it out Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:49 PM +0000 »

I've just had a go in the Lotus 49.
My God it's an animal! It just doesn't stop moving under you  Grin
If I can get a little more traction without making it too stable there is still loads more time to be found I think.
As it is you're dancing on a constant knife edge just trying to point in the direction you're going  Cheesy

Yes, the 49 is a dangerous thing!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2018, 12:44:37 AM +0000 »

Thanks FMG for setup! Got it and will test today  Smiley

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2018, 09:01:42 AM +0000 »

Race day folks  Smiley

Quite a few new names on the server last night but dont know if they are intending to race tonight. I think with 30+ grid slots its best just to assign an even number of each car  Undecided But slightly more popular are the Ferrari & Cooper.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2018, 05:34:03 PM +0000 »

I can't see a car list - It's possible that if others have the same issue they aren't going to try to chose with any intent to diversify Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2018, 07:48:06 PM +0000 »

A friend is trying to connect to the server, gets passed the loading screen, and then instead of the server, just gets dropped back to lobby. He's an old srou gpl-er, but he's forgotten his password here, and I gave him the server pass. Anything he should/can do to get on the server?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2018, 07:50:32 PM +0000 »

You only need the race password not a forum one, I suspect you can't join if you don't have the DLC regardless of whether you intend to use it or not.

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2018, 07:55:45 PM +0000 »

He has base game and ferrari dlc. I didn't think you need another dlc?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com