by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:47:53 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19EGTC Targa Florio: May 01, 2019
May 01, 2019, 08:40:34 PM +0100 - Targa Florio - UKGTL Season 19 European GTC Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mercedes 300SL (#234) GTC-65 1 39:11.381
68.351mph
1 39:11.381
68.351mph
Dunlop  
Dominick

Mercedes 300SL (#268) GTC-65 2 +1:54.883
65.167mph
1 41:06.264
65.167mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Austin-Healey 3000 (#473) GTC-65 3 +2:20.438
64.498mph
1 41:31.819
64.498mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mercedes 300SL (#225) GTC-65 4 +1L 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin-Healey 3000 (#450) GTC-65 5 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin-Healey 3000 (#453) GTC-65 6 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Aston Martin DB4 GT (#420) GTC-65 7 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 3000 (#471) GTC-65 DNS ---
---
didnotstart
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Austin-Healey 3000 (#473) GTC-65 ---
---
didnotstart
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
39:11.381
68.351mph
Erling G-P
Race
Mercedes 300SLMay 01, 2019, 08:40:34 PM +0100
L19EGTC
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 European GTC Cup - Targa Florio - May 1  (Read 1702 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 12:07:27 PM +0100 »

You were not the only one with mouse functionality problems Tony, I did & I think Dom did too. It is similar to what happened when we ran Targa at NG some time ago, it seems it could be related to the track, because of the size of it, it seems unable to cope when it gets to around 10 players & randomly throws people off the server & causes others to have operational problems.
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2019, 12:45:10 PM +0100 »

Yeah, much as I love the Targa, it isn't really suited for online racing. There are always problems with it. When I won over at NG -this reminder being the the main reason for this post  Grin- the game froze immediately after the finish too just like it did in practice here. Now I'm going to watch the replay of the lap from the real Targa expert: Coyote. This should be good.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 02:53:38 PM +0100 »

Congratulations to those who completed the course and to those who had the energy left to lift the champagne.

I have to confess that after the long build up and trepidation about battling the infamous Targa Florio, to not even get across the start line was a rather deflating  Undecided

Thank you Tony for the dispensation on the car usage  Wink

Interesting comments about mice not working properly as I was frantically changing re-chargeable batteries during practice because I could not get the darned thing to work!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 05:56:47 PM +0100 »

Results revised in light of the comments preceding this post.

Thanks Geoffers & Tony.

I think it doesn't make sense to post the race result this time as Roger is posted as winner and so on  Huh

Glad that I could finish the lap, but had a lot of issues and offs during the second half which fortunately didn't have any consequences.

Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 06:46:40 PM +0100 »

Some of you where talking of weird happenings on the track, I remember when Kurt came up behind me to pass my video got choppy and flickered.  It continued until he passed me and got on down the road and then was fine again.  Guess my video card is too old to handle it.  The rac e was fun while it lasted though, just too much for my old PC and my old brain cells.......

Bob M.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2019, 06:48:44 PM +0100 »

I think it doesn't make sense to post the race result this time as Roger is posted as winner and so on  Huh

I liked Roger's average speed for the race 4800+ KPH!!!!!!! Shocked
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2019, 07:23:52 PM +0100 »

First of all a big thanks for the warm welcome yesterday!  Smiley

I needed a break when I stopped, but after doing this every week for 5 years, I must admit it felt very weird not having a weekly race to prepare for. Quickly found something else to waste the saved time on though  Wink   Was surprised to find I didn't miss the racing all that much, but did miss you guys, the forum and the amusing race reports.  Could still sneak past for a peek and read them, but not quite the same when you're not part of it yourself.

Anyway, the Targa race was one I had looked forward to at the beginning of the season, so wanted to at least do this.  A bit rusty since I hadn't touched GTL since stopping, so needed a fair bit of practice. Surprisingly I could still remember many bits of the track after my intensive training last year - despite my memory being more akin to Swiss cheese these days..    Tried all the cars.  Quickly dropped the Ferrari: it was nice enough early in the lap, but horribly uneven front/rear tyre wear made it more and more difficult to handle as the lap wore on.  The Aston I found the hardest to drive here, without being the quickest, so didn't fancy that one either.  Was between the Healey & Merc then.  Liked both, but really love driving the Merc, was a little bit quicker in it and prefer the sound, providing you pick the right car. Dom, I believe you had one of the quiet ones.  Try mine or Kurt's, if you care about the engine noise - it will be a revelation!  Smiley

Very sorry that so many had problems - not least Roger & Clive, who didn't even get a chance to drive.  Eased past Tony after the start and set about chasing Geoffers.  He quickly let me past, and I just had time to think "Ah, that's very kind of you Geoff", when it hit me like a bolt of lightning: "He's surmised there's a better chance I'll wreck my car if I'm let loose, instead of following a more cautious driver!!"  A most devious scheme that almost succeeded, as I did have a few close calls, and blunted a front wing on a wall late in the race.  Joking aside, it was very kind of you Geoffers, but I would have been perfectly happy having to try for a real pass somewhere  Smiley

Grats to Dom & Fulvio for filling the podium and commiserations to all who met with misfortune & problems.  Dom: you're way too kind - I'm certainly no Targa expert; just too stupid not to try pushing it, and occasionally I get away with it   Grin

After the warm reception, it would almost be rude not to give it another go, so I'll try to tune in again next week  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com