by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 05:36:45 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19KAD Snetterton: April 24, 2019
April 24, 2019, 08:31:44 PM +0100 - Snetterton (Club) - UKGTL Season 19 K.A.D. Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#39) GTC-TC-76 1 1:16.844
91.186mph
1 26:00.996
89.777mph
20 1:17.238
90.721mph
Avon  
Dominick

Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#113) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.986
90.031mph
2 +24.868
88.369mph
20 1:17.686
90.198mph
Avon  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.356
88.473mph
3 +42.830
87.380mph
20 1:18.950
88.753mph
Avon  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#15) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.002
88.871mph
4 +47.318
87.136mph
20 1:18.415
89.359mph
Avon  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#115) GTC-TC-76 5 +2.443
88.376mph
5 +57.615
86.581mph
20 1:18.614
89.133mph
Avon  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#55) GTC-TC-76 7 +3.026
87.731mph
6 +1:00.087
86.449mph
20 1:18.763
88.964mph
Avon  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#107) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.044
87.711mph
7 +1:01.872
86.354mph
20 1:18.136
89.678mph
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 9 +4.138
86.526mph
8 +1:05.775
86.147mph
20 1:18.993
88.705mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 6 +2.901
87.869mph
9 +1:08.135
86.022mph
20 1:18.150
89.662mph
Avon  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#4) GTC-TC-76 10 +4.627
86.007mph
10 +8L 12 1:20.016
87.571mph
suspension
Avon  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 K.A.D. Cup - Snetterton - Apr 24  (Read 963 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2018, 04:40:39 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE ONE

Practice/car change: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race: 20:30 (20 laps)

Track: Snetterton 2005 Download this

Cars allowed: KAD Mini Cooper S Download this Excluding Car #'s 6, 9, 40, 58 & 80
                       Additional skins Download this

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org WEDNESDAY
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:37:59 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 02:04:59 PM +0000 »

teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4zEKYL1P6g

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:09:46 PM +0100 »

Hi really bad driving by me tonight, just could not get the car to corner it was so jittery slightest touch on any input put me out, 2nd crash killed car so quit out of taking part in second race.

Race 1 Grats Geoffers on win and Grats Podium

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:43:40 PM +0100 »

Well that was a little sweet and a lot bitter.  R1 was good fun and finished about as usual.  R2 was not so good actually bad.  I messed up the suspension early dodging a spinner going over the curbs.  The mini is usually pretty tough and can take a little abuse but maybe GTL said, lets give old Bob a problem today.  Anyway it would go anywhich way under hard braking and steering was all screwed up.  Finally called it quits on a agriculture off and punched the ESC before I ruined someones race. 
I don't think I have ever finished a Targa race but will give it a try in the AH3000........

Bob M.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 10:18:16 PM +0100 »

Well that was great fun, especially race 2.

First race I got away at the start & little else to report, Dan held 2nd for most of the race until Dom caught him, & by then I was well up the road.

Race 2 was great racing from start to finish. Got through to 4th place early on until Fulvio rolled his car & I had to virtually stop to avoid him which lost me some places, then had some good battles with Matt & Clive. They both went off when I was right behind, I was worried that I had bumped both of them although I didn't seem close enough from my view. I checked my replay & I did not hit either of them, if either of you guys think differently then please submit a report. Anyway eventually caught up with leader Kurt, having a great outing in the Mini, & managed to squeeze past into T1. That left me with a slender lead over Dom, unfortunately I made a mistake at the end of the back straight & had to scrub off too much speed to get through the RHer which let Dom get alongside & grab the lead into the next RHer. Didn't realise though that it was the last lap so no chance to recover the lead.

Grats to Dom & Dan in race 1 & Dom (great drive mate) & Kurt in race 2. clap clap clap

Like Bob, I have never finished a race at Targa Florio & so far I have done zero test laps so chances are I won't finish next week either!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:09:21 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:21 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 11:20:39 AM +0100 »

Time was a little short for practice as I had to uninstall my new G29 and re instate my old G25 after travelling back from a hearty lunch. ( more about that elsewhere  Wink )

For Race I, dragged the setup across from Pembury and simply lengthened the gears but something about that setup did not like the left right under the bridge at the end of the straight. It was not too happy about many of the other corners either!! The podium guys were finding bucketloads of time over what I could achieve on a complete banzai lap...I even tried running on two wheels through some corners to reduce drag  Grin, that did not work either!! 

So, the race was a catalogue of errors and excursions that quite rightfully placed me last and a little deflated lol.

Race 2
 I adjusted a) the brake balance reawards to help turn in, and b) the coast side of the diff in an attempt to keep the rear of the car behind the driver, which I felt might be a good idea. A definite improvement in handling saw me on the front row. Although that was a little false as Dom and Geoffers played the gentlemen and started at the back  Wink.  I find the technique of driving the mini totally unnatural and I have to force myself to use the gas going into a corner to turn the car, where normally I would lift off and allow the diff to bring the rear around. I can maintain enough concentration to do that for 3-4 laps, then instinct takes over and I lift when I should be pushing on the gas and the car understeers into the boondocks  Undecided Even whilst it is happening I still cannot get my foot to press on the gas and drag the front around lol. Like a rabbit in the headlights I watch doom approaching  Undecided
Geoff, I am sure that you did not touch me, and anyway I was only delaying the inevitable as you were going to pass me somewhere along with Dom and anyone else who could drive their Mini. By some stroke of immense fortune I rolled in 4th  Huh How others managed to be slower over the course of 20 laps than I was, is a total mystery.
You guys really must read the script and understand how you are supposed to be in front of me in these wretched little cars lol  Grin

grats to Kurt on two solid races  :thumbup1:Now there is a guy who DID read the script!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 02:55:14 PM +0100 »

Minis, together with Abarths and Alfa GTA's, were one of the staple foods back over at NoGrip and that still seems to pay dividends as it looked in qually 1 that those who were regular attendees there would pinch 1-2-3 without much challenge. It looked good for me as I was over a second faster than Dan while He Who is NOT a Fast Guy made my jaw drop with a sub 1.17 time, so I hoped for a 2nd place. Start was poor-ish so I lost a few places. I got a little bump from behind in Sear Corner pushing me into Eifel and we all skated off. That left me in 10th -and last- place. No harm done, plenty of time to set things straight, I reckoned. The first pass through the Esses already took two casualties (Bob and Tony) and there was 8th. Roger was braking way too early into the Esses and there was 7th. Clouds and bobbing cars indicated an incident outside the Esses that same lap and a heap of cars consisting of Clive, Fulvio and Matt was left behind. Eifel proved to be a tough nut to crack but I had noticed that most people were taking the exit of the Esses too wide and exactly that gave me the opportunity to sneak past. Phew, 3rd. But the very next Esses I made that very same error, only worse, and a bit of off-roading was enough for Eifel to slip past again. On the straight towards the next Esses (those again) Eifel lost some speed by touching the grass so the re-overtake was much easier than anticipated. My fellow Lowlander Dan took a lot of chasing to get close and overtaking was even harder. In the end it took a cunning plan with a 3-corner setup to get past! First a better exit speed out of Russell Bend allowed me to get side by side on the Senna straight setting up a game of chicken of who will brake the latest. But that wasn't my intention. At the right moment I cut in to hug the apices of the Riches-Sear corner complex which I knew to be the fastest way through those two corners while Dan went wide(r) through them. He Who is NOT a Fast Guy was way ahead by then so a hoped-for 2nd place it was, though it was a lot harder (and more fun!) than expected.

The qually results of race 2 indicated it would be a very different race. People were a lot faster with many low 1.18's and even a sub 1.18 for Fulvio. Nail-bitingly Dom was wondering whether another 2nd place would be even remotely feasible. In the early laps only unlucky moments from Bob, Tony and Matt gave me a few places upwards while the five cars ahead were going to be a very tall order, if at all. But Lady Luck seems to be on my side lately when no less than four cars ahead were involved in a massive pile-up while I could sneak past, where else than on the inside of the Esses exit. Only Eifel had cleverly  managed to avoid the mayhem and we were 1-2! Though I was putting heavy pressure on him,he wasn't having any of it and didn't budge an inch. On the contrary, in my first overtake attempt I carried too much speed into the Esses (where else?) and lost it. Clive, Matt and Geoff got past. Bugger, back down to 5th with nothing but fast guys ahead. In the next passage into the Esses it was Matt's turn to miss that corner giving me 4th. I reckoned that was it for the race but Geoff in 3rd wasn't running away as I would expect. I actually seemed to get a teeny weeny bit closer each lap. Hmm, damaged? tired? In any case: push, push! As the laps passed by Geoff caught up with Clive and their battle allowed me to catch up with them. At some point Clive lost it -no points for guessing in which corner- allowing me to sneak past in the wake of Geoff. I was keeping up with Geoff and Eifel turned out to be more than a challenge even for him. I'm pretty sure the three of us would have been content if this situation had been the outcome of the race. Sadly though Eifel ran wide in Riches corner when Geoff challenged him for the lead. That left the Mini-usual-suspects to contend for the win. What was less expected was that I had no trouble keeping up and even got past.... in the exit of the Esses, indeed, of course. It took Geoff only a lap to set that anomaly back straight though. A few laps later the very same scenario repeated itself and I got past again -you guessed where. There was a tiny difference with the previous case though: while I was already preparing for the expected correction of this breach in the time-space continuum by Geoff the game said 'Race Over'. Wait, what? I won? I won! I genuinely had no idea it was the final lap.

Moral of the story: no matter what happens, no matter who you are: never give up!

Special shout-outs to:
Eifel. That was some A-class driving, Sir.   yes I Am Not Worthy
Tony: for setting up a series which allows the not-so-usual-suspects play in the front.  laugh
Everybody else: for some really exciting racing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:01:06 PM +0100 by Dominick » Logged
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 07:39:18 PM +0100 »

That was great fun indeed. Thanks for clean racing and for organizing this series!

No private practice at all - as usual - and I had expected an earlier layout of Snetterton  Roll Eyes

But I liked this car/track combo and found a setup from 2012 on my HD called "G's Mini KAD" which I originally thought
was from GeeDee/Gordon but after the races I had the idea that it's possibly a Geoffers setup, which would explain a lot  Cool

So all went fine, surprisingly good pace in qualy, some slight mistakes during Race One which averted chasing Dan in the hunt for P3
and lucky enough in Race Two that all guys in front and behind had some more severe problems.
All this let me breath my first air of lead within years. And although I was far too tired for concentration I could stay there for a lot of laps.
My only mistake let me drop to P3 where I stayed for good.

Next week two races with possibly more common results for me  Tongue

Result_Race1

Result_Race2

Cool
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:23:37 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com