by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 06:53:09 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19KAD Zandvoort: July 17, 2019
July 17, 2019, 08:31:39 PM +0100 - Zandvoort (GP) - UKGTL Season 19 K.A.D. Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#39) GTC-TC-76 1 1:53.123
84.599mph
1 26:43.904
83.535mph
14 1:53.584
84.256mph
Avon  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.494
83.497mph
2 +25.674
82.219mph
14 1:54.900
83.291mph
Avon  
jammerjoh

Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.560
82.727mph
3 +26.056
82.200mph
14 1:54.488
83.591mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.743
82.597mph
4 +56.982
80.669mph
14 1:55.039
83.190mph
Avon  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#55) GTC-TC-76 6 +3.839
81.823mph
5 +1:00.717
80.488mph
14 1:57.000
81.796mph
Avon  
mikeharley

Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 8 +4.413
81.423mph
6 +1:04.361
80.312mph
14 1:56.615
82.066mph
Avon  
S.Cargo

Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#3) GTC-TC-76 10 +9.423
78.094mph
7 +1:04.700
80.296mph
14 1:55.010
83.211mph
Avon  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#15) GTC-TC-76 5 +2.981
82.427mph
8 +4L 10 1:56.368
82.240mph
unknown
Avon  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#55) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.341
81.473mph
9 +11L 3 1:56.887
81.875mph
unknown
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 9 +4.984
81.029mph
10 +12L 2 1:59.098
80.355mph
suspension
Avon  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 K.A.D. Cup - Zandvoort - Jul 17  (Read 1298 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 11:49:08 PM +0100 »

Newer drivers to this series will not have realised that we run an assigned car system for this series.

CAR OWNERS

#03 - S.Cargo
#04 - Roguk
#15 - SpecialKS
#27 - Phspok
#30 - seniordan
#31 - EvilClive
#39 - Geoffers
#41 - Wiltshire Tony
#52 - Ziu Bacubacu
#55 - Bob M.
#113 - Dominick
#115 - fpolicardi

Please can new drivers not take a car already "owned". And could existing car owners please use them. To "own" a car please post your desired car # below and I will add it to the list

Thank you

Tony

PS This list now appears in all the future R1 announcements.

Could I ask you to add me to it again Tony? - I'm in #36
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 06:18:05 AM +0100 »

Really like these cars - in particular with a working setup  Cheesy

But I really don't like these stupid cut warnings on this track  Angry . Due to small mistakes leaving the track with an obvious loss of time I always get cut warnings anyway.
In race one I got a s&g and another when leaving the pits due to speed limit although my pit was just at the end of the pitlane  Huh So I quit completely demoralized.
BTW - nice fight with Mike again for fourth place before I got the s&g  thumbup1

Wasn't motivated to take part in race 2 because of that, but I joined at least for filling up the lineup. As so often in such background the race developed satisfactory and
despite another two cut warnings I reached the chequered flag in fourth place by cruising around the track in order to avoid mistakes and another s&g.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 09:35:36 AM +0100 »

I can't drive these, they are terrible. Doesn't matter what setup I do they swap ends for fun, and it's isnt. surrender

Ditto!!!!   I witnessed Matt's erratic progress after I had my own trip into the gravel. He was obviously having problems that were as bad as mine or, if it is possible, even worse!!!.
My ambivalence to these cars is no secret. If I could even remotely understand how I managed a 1:54 lap to take pole in the second race, I could maybe have something to work on. But, in both races I had multiple incidents where the car became violently unstable under braking, leading to major "offs".
In both races I ended up last ( or almost last) after a reasonable start position, within 2 laps. I did stick with the little beasts and actually found the car slightly easier to drive with badly worn front tyres, which makes no sense to me  Undecided.

I have sort of worked out how I need to keep 20% throttle on even when braking and turning in, so that the front wheel drive pulls the car through the apex. And I have worked out that I must downshift at the last possible moment to prevent everything going "Pete Tong" very quickly. But I find that very difficult to do in the heat of battle, as I my natural inclination is to get all the gear changing done early so that I can concentrate on negotiating the upcoming corner.

Enough moaning! I warned you that it was likely to be embarrassing...………….and it was!  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Grats to all those who have the mental software to control these things and managed to get to the flag, and even reach the dizzy heights of the podium.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 10:18:47 AM +0100 »

Newer drivers to this series will not have realised that we run an assigned car system for this series.

CAR OWNERS

#03 - S.Cargo
#04 - Roguk
#15 - SpecialKS
#27 - Phspok
#30 - seniordan
#31 - EvilClive
#39 - Geoffers
#41 - Wiltshire Tony
#52 - Ziu Bacubacu
#55 - Bob M.
#113 - Dominick
#115 - fpolicardi

Please can new drivers not take a car already "owned". And could existing car owners please use them. To "own" a car please post your desired car # below and I will add it to the list

Thank you

Tony

Could I ask you to add me to it again Tony? - I'm in #36

Done  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

mikeharley

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 10:41:29 AM +0100 »

CAR OWNERS

#03 - S.Cargo
#04 - Roguk
#15 - SpecialKS
#27 - Phspok
#30 - seniordan
#31 - EvilClive
#39 - Geoffers
#41 - Wiltshire Tony
#52 - Ziu Bacubacu
#55 - Bob M.
#113 - Dominick
#115 - fpolicardi

Thank you

Tony

Hi,

I'm the new driver and sorry that I haven't read info too well. I check number for me and inform here it. I love number 41 so thats why I chose that. I use number 41 allways when I can. Like in sports I use that. My son uses it in football etc. That is my mothers year of birth.

Br, Mike
mikeharley

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 11:20:48 AM +0100 »

Really like these cars - in particular with a working setup  Cheesy

But I really don't like these stupid cut warnings on this track  Angry . Due to small mistakes leaving the track with an obvious loss of time I always get cut warnings anyway.
In race one I got a s&g and another when leaving the pits due to speed limit although my pit was just at the end of the pitlane  Huh So I quit completely demoralized.
BTW - nice fight with Mike again for fourth place before I got the s&g  thumbup1

Wasn't motivated to take part in race 2 because of that, but I joined at least for filling up the lineup. As so often in such background the race developed satisfactory and
despite another two cut warnings I reached the chequered flag in fourth place by cruising around the track in order to avoid mistakes and another s&g.

was fun driving and fighting... fue laps after you leaved I lost tyre traction totally... wasn't funny anymore...
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 12:45:42 PM +0100 »

Don't know why these should be so badly done, the standard in game minis have the same
characteristics, just not so violent. Apologies to anyone I scared with my weird lines and recovery
I think Tony had to take evasive action to avoid my car as it decided where it wanted to go at one point  Shocked

Didn't Geoffers upload a setup for these? or was it something else...

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 01:07:39 PM +0100 »

Didn't Geoffers upload a setup for these? or was it something else...
Yes he did. If you pm him I think he will sort you out.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 03:12:57 PM +0100 »

Was close to skipping these races due to no practice, but managed to find an hour just before race 1.   Surprised to see competent drivers like Matt & Clive struggle so much with these.  Don't' find them particularly tricky, except for controlling the wheelspin in 1st. May just be lucky with my setup; am using one called G's something, so may be a Geoffers setup.

Surprised to be 2nd on grid in race one, and even more surprised to keep that position at the start.  After 1 lap, Geoffers was gone and I could concentrate on the real race, which was with Clive behind me. Or so I thought - hadn't realized he was replaced by Jammerjoh in one of the earliest laps, as they used the same car. Held the gap till late in the race, when tyre wear started to slow me. Jammerjoh seemed unaffected and started closing the gap, getting past on the final lap, when I understeered off. Fine with me, as it meant I wouldn't be hit by the no-qual ban in race 2, but just as we approached the finish, he slowed and let me take 2nd.  A generous (but unnecessary) gesture ?  A smart tactical move ?  Don't know, but the ban was mine  Wink

15-20 boring minutes waiting for race 2, but for once got a better start than the cars in front of me. Gained 3 places before T1, being up to 3rd.  Apparently miffed Clive, who gave me a hefty whack around T2-T3, sending me sideways across curb & grass. By some miracle I held it together, slid back on track, moving in the right direction - and still 3rd, no less!  Alas, only till the next corner, where Patrick went off and then rejoined right in front of me (I was a bit wide myself, still recovering from Clive). Sorry Patrick; no way of avoiding you. Impact spun him round and stopped me dead, dropping to last.  Slowly made up places, passing a spun Clive and having a good scrap with Bob.  Tony overshot at the chicane, making for an easy pass, but Kurt further up ahead was a tougher nut.  Took several laps to catch and pass him.  Next one I assumed had to be Jammerjoh, some 8-9 secs ahead. Initially closed the gap to 6-7 secs, but then history from race 1 repeated itself, with him getting faster towards the finish, extending the gap again.

Grats to Geoffers on the two wins, and Jammerjoh for 2nd & 3rd respectively.
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 07:06:17 PM +0100 »

Rather frustrating evening: I felt able of doing mid-pack lap times, but I blew it more than once...  oops

Race 1: Lots of gardening in quali = last. OK, no big deal, I was expecting to ba able to run some 1:56/1:55+ laps during the race...
Something happened when I was about to overtake Bob: his car was here then there then here again (some form of jitter in its position). Unfortunately his car happened to be "there" Shocked  when I was reaching that same exact spot, and that sent me flying and on my roof. The strange part is that Bob did not feel any hit then...
So I restarted last, only to mess-up big time in the same lap and end up on the roof again! Angry
After that it has been a lonely race trying to stay on track and see the finish line.

Race 2: Quali went much better and I was surprised to be P2 (again when the fast guys do not qualify it's easier Wink ).
Not used to be on the front line I realized that the virtual mirror was blocking the view of the starting lights so I had to turn it off (also I had disabled the countdown)...
My take-off was much better than what I could dream of, but... I made a big mess at T4, while fumbling to get the mirror back.  oops
I must apologize to Coyote (not the opposite Erling  Wink ), Tony & Bob for hitting & blocking them while re-entering the track (out of any control).
After that the race was rather interesting, catching up Bob, then Tony, then Bob again (I messed up again in between) then Tony again. At this point I rubbed doors with Tony and pushed him wide Embarrassed, so I had to let him pass to finally pass him without contact (he left me plenty of room for this thumbup1).

For me the Mini is more difficult to manage on the bumps than during braking, but for this I had to push the brake balance to 76/24 (thanks to hints given in a previous race) to stop the "spin on braking" issue that some report.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 08:43:18 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 09:14:06 PM +0100 »

Couple of successful races, won't bore you with the details.

Congrats to Erling & Jammer on their podiums.  clap clap

Sorry some of you are having so much problem with these cars, I found the KAD Mini to be pretty easy to drive here. Anyway I have uploaded my setup to the Zandvoort online folder, so feel free to give it a try, won't promise it will magically make the car work for you but it may help.
jammerjoh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 08:56:27 PM +0100 »

Okay Tony

Is number 0 still free?

BTW thanks guys bit of luck helps and the setup from tony Wink

Maybe strange question: half hour sooner starting is not negotiable???
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:13:19 PM +0100 by jammerjoh » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 11:23:46 AM +0100 »

Is number 0 still free?
Erm.....Is there a #0  Huh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 11:31:03 AM +0100 »

Maybe strange question: half hour sooner starting is not negotiable???
It is certainly something that could be looked into.

But I would need to run a poll of our current drivers and see what the consensus is.

A change in times would present me with a headache as I would have to alter all the (published) race announcements for all of this years remaining events (insert groan emoji here).

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com