by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 12:06:05 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19EGTC Targa Florio: May 01, 2019
May 01, 2019, 08:40:34 PM +0100 - Targa Florio - UKGTL Season 19 European GTC Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mercedes 300SL (#234) GTC-65 1 39:11.381
68.351mph
1 39:11.381
68.351mph
Dunlop  
Dominick

Mercedes 300SL (#268) GTC-65 2 +1:54.883
65.167mph
1 41:06.264
65.167mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Austin-Healey 3000 (#473) GTC-65 3 +2:20.438
64.498mph
1 41:31.819
64.498mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mercedes 300SL (#225) GTC-65 4 +1L 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin-Healey 3000 (#450) GTC-65 5 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin-Healey 3000 (#453) GTC-65 6 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Aston Martin DB4 GT (#420) GTC-65 7 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 3000 (#471) GTC-65 DNS ---
---
didnotstart
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Austin-Healey 3000 (#473) GTC-65 ---
---
didnotstart
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
39:11.381
68.351mph
Erling G-P
Race
Mercedes 300SLMay 01, 2019, 08:40:34 PM +0100
L19EGTC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 European GTC Cup - Targa Florio - May 1  (Read 1784 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 06:51:52 PM +0100 »

If Arnold is involved...who the heck knows what he used?Huh?  re-cycled violin/guitar strings woven into a form of webbing?? Would that produce a fireproof material ??

Although the circumstantial evidence does appear to link him to Mabel's alleged weight loss, I am not pointing any fingers.  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2019, 07:27:52 PM +0100 »

Warm up lap buggered 30mins in because surge protector....  cursing censored wacko helpsmilie
Targa, such fun  Grin
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2019, 08:27:52 PM +0100 »

Having problems with the game not responding. No buttons work, will try again.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 08:46:55 PM +0100 »

Hi well that was fun waited for start then got kicked.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 08:47:13 PM +0100 »

Huh?? Really not sure what happened at the start???
Joined the grid after waiting patiently in the chat room. A few resets just to get the % up engine on tickover, pick up revs …3-2-1-GO and...……...Nothing??!! no engine noise from my car, no forward motion, no gear changing.. just cars vanishing into the distance and silence  Cry

"Sorry" to whoever was in the Merc stuck right behind me, but my car was going nowhere, so I quit  Sad

Hope you all had more fun than me.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2019, 09:27:57 PM +0100 »

Killed the car after the second village.  Those walls just don't move at all.  I think my record still stands, no finishes at Targa.  I was in last place  on the track anyway so no problem  Grats to the podium and all who finished!!!
I had a  hard time getting on the server after I left to change skins.  GTL kept crashing but I think my PC has seen better days on these long, big load tracks.  See you all later, Thanks for the races!!!!

Bob M.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2019, 09:31:28 PM +0100 »

NP Clive.

Finished the lap in about 43:30 - 44:00   Smiley but had the feeling that I was alone on the server  Huh

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2019, 09:33:11 PM +0100 »

Huh?? Really not sure what happened at the start???
Joined the grid after waiting patiently in the chat room. A few resets just to get the % up engine on tickover, pick up revs …3-2-1-GO and...……...Nothing??!! no engine noise from my car, no forward motion, no gear changing.. just cars vanishing into the distance and silence  Cry

"Sorry" to whoever was in the Merc stuck right behind me, but my car was going nowhere, so I quit  Sad

Hope you all had more fun than me.
No problem, Clive, there was plenty of room and still 72 km to go! Damn shame for you, though.

Very meh lap from me but even 40.09, my best lap here in this car, would only have halved the huge gap with Coyote. I 'virtually' chased Geoff for many kms in the sense that I saw his name label popping up now and then before a hairpin but I never got closer. And then I saw some skidmarks running up a hill and figured that was a no comeback situation for G.   Undecided Took it home with more care than needed and now I'm damn knackered again, lol.
Sorry for everyone who got unlucky and big grats to Coyote. And thanks to Fulvio for letting me pass.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2019, 09:56:31 PM +0100 »

Targa is such a huge track we always run the risk of anomalies occurring and tonight was no exception. Roguk apparently won the race whilst never leaving the pits and Clive was on the start grid but never moved. I need to massage the results so that they reflect what actually happened.

Replay is posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:41 PM +0100 »

@ Roguk & EvilClive - as your cars didn't leave the start line you will not be debited for this drive, but you will not receive any points.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2019, 11:06:38 PM +0100 »

Results corrected. Please shout out if you see an error.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2019, 06:07:04 AM +0100 »

Results corrected. Please shout out if you see an error.

As I finished my lap (in about 43:30 - 44:00) and if Geoffers went off I would have been in fourth place.
After I crossed the finish line there obviously nobody was still on the server and/or visible for me so I left the game immediately.
My XD didn't work roughly since Roger left so I can't say anything about ranking.
XD told me that Bob was still in game behind me and Geoffers still running in 2nd place  Huh

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:52:47 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2019, 09:08:36 AM +0100 »

I am quite happy to credit Kurt with 4th place if you want to amend the results Tony.

My race went quite well for 85% of the lap. Having been awarded pole position I headed off in the lead but soon had Erling on my tail, held him up for a few corners & then pulled over to let him past, he was clearly much faster so no point in having someone behind distracting me while trying to see which way the next corner went. As Erling disappeared into the distance I continued in 2nd place expecting Targa expert Dom to soon catch up, drove for many more miles (sorry kms) & there was still no sign of him, it wasn't until we got to the section with the first set of hairpins I could see his name tag about 5-600 metres behind. Further on at the next hairpin section the gap was about the same & so it went on at each successive hairpin.

At one point I ran wide at a corner & mowed down a whole group of spectators, there must have been a few casualties  Shocked, but fortunately there was just an open field behind & I was able to regain the track about 100m further on with minimal time lost. Eventually got to the downhill section back towards the coast, the bit I am least familiar with (I don't often get that far!), & it was here that it all went wrong, had a couple of warnings when I got a couple of wheels off track but then one RHer caught me out & I hit a tree & killed the car  Angry.

Congrats to Erling (great to see you back  thumbup1), Dom & Fulvio  clap clap clap

Commiserations to those who had misfortune.  Sad
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:34:54 AM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2019, 10:47:05 AM +0100 »

Results revised in light of the comments preceding this post.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2019, 10:53:39 AM +0100 »

My night wasn't without incident. First I had a few dropped connections so I left to reset my router. On my return the same thing happened and I also lost mouse functionality. I could move the mouse arrow but could not click anything. So I did a full reboot of my PC and replaced the batteries in my mouse. This seemed to fix everything so I waited for the vote and ended up in 2nd place on the grid (not what I wanted at all). I concentrated in letting the other drivers pass me as best I could and set of after Kurt. Then realised that in all the excitement I had forgotten to load my setup so I had the wrong settings, the wrong fuel and the wrong gearing. Thought I would continue to see how far the fuel would get me but after several comedy "off's" I eventually hit a small concrete post thingy and ripped a wheel of the car so race over. Well done all finishers and great to have Erling on the track again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com