by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 08:57:31 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19AHI Heartland Park: January 09, 2019
January 09, 2019, 09:26:28 PM +0000 - Heartland Park (GP) - UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#28) GTC-65 1 1:50.484
79.923mph
1 29:50.080
78.925mph
16 1:50.318
80.043mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 3 +0.376
79.652mph
2 +24.168
77.874mph
16 1:50.925
79.605mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 5 +2.255
78.324mph
3 +31.706
77.552mph
16 1:52.465
78.515mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 2 +0.162
79.806mph
4 +33.937
77.457mph
16 1:50.724
79.749mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Shelby GT500 (#67040) GTC-65 4 +1.655
78.743mph
5 +38.745
77.253mph
16 1:52.277
78.646mph
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 7 +2.539
78.127mph
6 +40.212
77.191mph
16 1:52.820
78.268mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 6 +2.391
78.230mph
7 +1:16.659
75.684mph
16 1:52.715
78.341mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#33333) GTC-65 8 +4.367
76.884mph
8 +1:47.085
74.470mph
16 1:55.467
76.474mph
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron - Heartland Park - Jan 9  (Read 1202 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:32:50 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE TWO (1970's)

Practice: ~21:05 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:10 (10 mins)
Race: 21:20 (16 laps)

Track: Heartland Park, St. Topeka (GP)  Download this

Cars allowed: 1970's
AMC Javelin, Pontiac Firebird, Plymouth SC Cuda, Shelby Mustang GT500

Car restrictions: Three drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:12:45 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 04:48:24 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

For the car/track pack download link send a pm to WT please.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:55 PM +0000 »

Oh bugger, I'm an idiot. I never even noticed that race 2 is with different cars. I have nothing for these, not even fuel or gearing.
 death cursing
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:21:42 PM +0000 »

Yikes 2 blunders, race 1 lack of fuel, race 2 i had used GTL_Xcars to praccy with race 1 cars and forgot to turn on other cars.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 09:30:25 PM +0000 »

Not quite sure but I fear my good old G25 died during R1. Did not notice anything but suddenly only right steering was possible.
After leaving I realized that monthly W10 update was running.
Have to check on Friday - no time tomorrow.

Anyway - any recommendations for a replacement (I used a Thrustmaster H shifter  with the G25)?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:33:17 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:24:24 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:42:52 AM +0000 »

Not quite sure but I fear my good old G25 died during R1. Did not notice anything but suddenly only right steering was possible.

Anyway - any recommendations for a replacement (I used a Thrustmaster H shifter  with the G25)?

Well that is strange Kurt Shocked
After all my problems with Win10 amd GTL over the past few days, I could not believe my bad luck yesterday when I switched on the PC for some much needed practice, only to discover that my G25 was not functioning properly. After many attempts to calibrate and assign values and inputs, it became clear that there was also something not quite right with the mechanicals ( I have had problems with a few degrees of slack movement in the straight ahead position for many months ). Every input within GTL wanted to be Axis B6?? .

Maybe everything was kicked off by the same Win 10 update, but the wheel was removed from the desk and placed on the operating table.
I might not be very good with tekky computer stuff, but mechanicals and assemblies do not bother me at all. So I stripped the whole thing down to its components ( I did check a youtube video, just in case there were any secret tricks). I figured that if it was busted, I had nothing to lose by taking a look and trying to fix things, maybe at least extending its life by a few months whilst I sourced a replacement.

This might be of help Kurt or others, so this is what I did.
Obviously there were things that I could not do anything with like PCB's, but I discovered a spring that was loose beneath the plastic rack and that was allowing some play in the steering shaft. Plus the rack itself was worn around the centre section..hmmmmmm? this might need replacement, but Logitek don't like selling spares  Undecided, so........ pack with grease Wink  Well Vaseline ( other petroleum jellies are available  Wink) actually, lots of it, above below and around the rack and pinion assembly.
I checked the encoder disk on the back of one of the motors, and cleaned the hair and fluff from there and all surfaces.

Careful re-assembly after cleaning ( where I could) with electrical contact cleaner followed, being careful to centralise the rack and pinion assembly.  Every accessible contact was cleaned as it went back in, and it was as I assembled the paddles on the wheel that I discovered a dodgy microswitch that was sticking. This was the B6 axis that was screwing up any attempt at assigning controls and calibrating.
Managed to free the switch ( I could have left the small plug disconnected for that switch ) and finished the assembly.

Packing the mechanicals with Vaseline has removed all play and rattle and everything is much smoother. On the Logitek Profiler I reset everything to "default" and started again.
Last night's races were the first for a long time where the wheel felt "right" and was calibrated to be at 0 degrees when straight ahead, instead of 20 degrees off.

Very pleased with the result, although I will have to find a new microswitch if I want to use the paddles ( maybe get that for the Procar series ? ). It has, at the very least, extended the life of my wheel and was well worth doing.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:14:57 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed both races, did unreasonably well after a good start in race 1, eventually was passed by faster
people in race 2, but was still good fun. Ziu seems to be getting some bashing around more than usual
last night  Shocked  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 02:48:51 PM +0000 »

After my much publicised problems I had not had as much time to sort out these cars as I would have liked, so I simply took the top one on each list and made them work for me as best that I could. Setups were far from perfect, especially in the 2nd race, and will need some work for the next rounds.

Race 1 was an adventure after I used the clutch pedal, instead of the brake pedal, at the uphill hairpin on lap one and wondered why I was skating across the grass! By the time I had regained the tarmac I was last  Undecided Any thoughts of glory had vanished.
 The rest of the race was difficult to see from my cockpit, my view was obscured by red mist and tyre smoke  Roll Eyes
I think I may have been responsible for leaving minor blemishes on various cars  oops as I made my way back up through the field, and Ziu was one car that I traded paint samples with. Apologies to anyone I might have delicately brushed against  angel as I barged through.
I thought that 2nd place might just have been attainable in the closing laps after I caught Matt. But although I had caught him quickly enough, he proved very reluctant to allow me past and even teased me right on the finish line by running out of fuel and holding 2nd place by 0.1 secs!!
 Grats to Geoffers who was a distant memory after my lap 1 cock-up. Not sure if I could have made a race of it with him over the full 16 laps if I had stayed on the tarmac. My tyre wear was much worse than I had planned because I was pushing so hard to regain places, and by the last laps it was down to about 30%.

Race 2 was more difficult as the car was reluctant to take power mid corner and would understeer horrendously if I applied power too soon. As a result I was provoking a slide to get the a** around and in the early laps in order to keep Geoffers and Ziu in sight and I ruined my rear tyres.
I eased off when I saw the damage that was being done and watched the two aliens rubbing door handles from a safe distance until Geoffers missed the chicane ( strange, because my HUD appeared to think that it was Ziu who had run wide and then changed its mind after a second or so??)
Ziu was going very quickly in the Scuda and maybe I could have stayed with him but the gap back to 3rd was growing too and TBH I wimped out and concentrated on getting to the flag and taking 2nd spot by about half distance. The car was hard to drive at 100% pace and I was likely to make a total horlicks of things.
Grats to Ziu who was very quick in his car and kept a safe distance from me after Race 1  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 04:06:24 PM +0000 »

Really enjoy these cars, great fun to power slide through the corners.

Had tested all the cars prior to this race & was surprised that the 60s cars were faster than the 70s ones. The Chevelle was clearly the quickest of the 60s with the Impala very quick in a straight line but a nightmare to get around the turns. The 70s cars appear closer so just picked one & tried (unsuccessfully!) to improve it.

First race in the Chevelle looked on qually times to be a straight fight between Clive & me. Got a good start & with Clive binning it at T1 drove to a comfortable victory. Congrats to Matt in 2nd & Clive with a great recovery to 3rd.  clap clap

So to race 2 which looked like being a much closer affair. As I said I just picked a car, Javelin, & set about improving its handling. However I completely messed up, having achieved laps in the mid 1.49s when I first tried it, I improved (?) it to the point I could only lap in the mid 1.50s  Roll Eyes. Suspect Arnold & Mabel may have been to blame! Anyway got a decent start again & overhauled poleman Ziu to T1 & led until Ziu did a demon outbraking pass at the end of lap 2. Promptly threw away a potential good battle with Ziu by losing it at T1 on lap 3 & dropping to last place. Recovered a few places before repeating my error just as I caught Fulvio. Eventually salvaged 4th place at the flag.

Congrats to Ziu, Clive & Erling.  clap clap clap
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:45 PM +0000 »

...Ziu seems to be getting some bashing around more than usual
last night  Shocked  Roll Eyes

Really??  I could have sworn he was the one doing the bashing...  Roll Eyes
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 06:45:12 PM +0000 »

This is not the place to discuss blame. But, IMHO he was a victim twice.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 07:36:31 PM +0000 »

Well that is strange Kurt Shocked
After all my problems with Win10 amd GTL over the past few days, I could not believe my bad luck yesterday when I switched on the PC for some much needed practice, only to discover that my G25 was not functioning properly. After many attempts to calibrate and assign values and inputs, it became clear that there was also something not quite right with the mechanicals ( I have had problems with a few degrees of slack movement in the straight ahead position for many months ). Every input within GTL wanted to be Axis B6?? .

Maybe everything was kicked off by the same Win 10 update, but the wheel was removed from the desk and placed on the operating table.
I might not be very good with tekky computer stuff, but mechanicals and assemblies do not bother me at all. So I stripped the whole thing down to its components ( I did check a youtube video, just in case there were any secret tricks). I figured that if it was busted, I had nothing to lose by taking a look and trying to fix things, maybe at least extending its life by a few months whilst I sourced a replacement.

This might be of help Kurt or others, so this is what I did.
Obviously there were things that I could not do anything with like PCB's, but I discovered a spring that was loose beneath the plastic rack and that was allowing some play in the steering shaft. Plus the rack itself was worn around the centre section..hmmmmmm? this might need replacement, but Logitek don't like selling spares  Undecided, so........ pack with grease Wink  Well Vaseline ( other petroleum jellies are available  Wink) actually, lots of it, above below and around the rack and pinion assembly.
I checked the encoder disk on the back of one of the motors, and cleaned the hair and fluff from there and all surfaces.

Careful re-assembly after cleaning ( where I could) with electrical contact cleaner followed, being careful to centralise the rack and pinion assembly.  Every accessible contact was cleaned as it went back in, and it was as I assembled the paddles on the wheel that I discovered a dodgy microswitch that was sticking. This was the B6 axis that was screwing up any attempt at assigning controls and calibrating.
Managed to free the switch ( I could have left the small plug disconnected for that switch ) and finished the assembly.

Packing the mechanicals with Vaseline has removed all play and rattle and everything is much smoother. On the Logitek Profiler I reset everything to "default" and started again.
Last night's races were the first for a long time where the wheel felt "right" and was calibrated to be at 0 degrees when straight ahead, instead of 20 degrees off.

Very pleased with the result, although I will have to find a new microswitch if I want to use the paddles ( maybe get that for the Procar series ? ). It has, at the very least, extended the life of my wheel and was well worth doing.

Thanks Clive - I will look into this  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:00 PM +0000 »

Result_Race2

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 10:05:16 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com