by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 01:56:14 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19AHI Toban: March 06, 2019
March 06, 2019, 09:20:50 PM +0000 - Toban (Short) - UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#33333) GTC-65 2 +0.080
85.250mph
1 20 1:08.556
84.962mph
unknown
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 3 +0.446
84.795mph
2 +1L 19 1:08.765
84.704mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Dominick

Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70020) GTC-65 6 +1.655
83.329mph
3 19 1:10.074
83.122mph
unknown
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70020) GTC-65 5 +1.250
83.814mph
4 19 1:09.606
83.681mph
unknown
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 1 1:08.245
85.350mph
5 19 1:08.409
85.145mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Pontiac Firebird (#8) GTC-65 6 19 1:10.404
82.732mph
unknown
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70008) GTC-65 4 +0.838
84.314mph
7 +3L 17 1:09.103
84.290mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#33333) GTC-65 7 +2.923
81.844mph
8 +10L 10 1:11.193
81.815mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron - Toban - Mar 6  (Read 1515 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:04:18 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE TWO (1970's)

Practice: ~21:05 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:10 (10 mins)
Race: 21:20 (26 laps)

Track: Toban Raceway Park (Short) Download this

Cars allowed: 1970's
AMC Javelin, Pontiac Firebird, Plymouth SC Cuda, Shelby Mustang GT500

Car restrictions: Three drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:52:37 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 12:56:59 PM +0000 »

It's donations time again folk's. Comes around quick doesn't it.

Please donate whatever you can afford to keep this site up and running.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 10:12:16 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

It appears that the race finished early?

I'll have to check the replay to check the results are correct.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:21:34 PM +0000 »

Not even close to correct I'm afraid.
1. Geoffers
2. Fulvio
3. Dom
4. MattR7
5. Bob
6. EvilClive
7. SeniorDan

At least that's what I have in my replay, I can only confirm the first three from the actual race.

And yes, it was cut short for some reason, 'next track' came up and that was it.  Huh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 10:25:38 PM +0000 »

1. Geoffers
2. Fulvio
3. Dom
4. MattR7
5. Bob
6. EvilClive
7. SeniorDan

At least that's what I have in my replay, I can only confirm the first three from the actual race.

And yes, it was cut short for some reason, 'next track' came up and that was it.  Huh
I have EvilClive in front of Bob. Can someone confirm please?

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 10:28:51 PM +0000 »

I think that Clive was close behind me when it finished

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 10:37:31 PM +0000 »

1. Geoffers
2. Fulvio
3. Dom
4. MattR7
5. Bob
6. EvilClive
7. SeniorDan

I have EvilClive in front of Bob. Can someone confirm please?
Could very well be, I checked again and my replay becomes inconsistent in the very last bit. Probably something to do with how it ended.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 11:13:44 PM +0000 »

I'll wait for Bob to post before finalizing the result table.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 11:23:40 PM +0000 »

I had a off and Clive passed me so he was ahead when the server crashed.   I was in 6th when it went off I'm  pretty sure.

Bob M.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 09:04:54 AM +0000 »

As I remember it................a message appeared at the top of the screen "Next Track", and a few seconds later everything crashed and then I saw the drivers names reloading. Resulting in a group of bewildered simracers assembling in the chatroom.

I think that I had made it back up to 5th, after my disastrous start, when Bob ran wide and I was hunting down Matt to steal a possible 4th before the flag??

Apologies to all those affected by my start, or maybe that should be my non start. I have been re decorating the room that houses my rig and had to relocate/reassemble the desk and computer in another part of the room. I had lifted the carpet earlier in the day and all I had was the underlay to rest the pedals on.
As the 3-2-1-Go countdown progressed I felt the pedals slowly slipping and when it reached "1" there was a sudden movement. Maybe only a couple of cms but enough to lift my foot from the gas and clutch pedals  Undecided As a result the car lurched forward and without any pressure on the gas pedal..it stalled the engine. So "Jump Start and SnG" message for me and chaos for anyone behind with a stalled car occupying the front row  Huh

By the time I had completed the SnG I was around 40 secs behind the last car, with only 25 short laps left to recover any places ( as it turned out I was robbed of 5 of those laps by the GTL gremlins!! Do I detect a conspiracy against me Huh?). I did abuse the tyres mercilessly, power sliding the Mustang through many corners as I closed up on the field. Other driver's misfortunes allowed me some uncontested passes and as I said above I was closing in on Matt and hoping that I could steal maybe one more spot before the end. It did seem that others were struggling more with worn tyres than I was, maybe because I had been sliding the car from lap 2 and was sort of comfortable. I was both dismayed and consoled by seeing that I had just about maintained the time gap to Geoffers throughout the race, so it could have been another interesting race, if only...........

Grats to the podium guys despite my probs, I do enjoy these muscle cars  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 10:21:24 AM +0000 »

I had a off and Clive passed me so he was ahead when the server crashed.   I was in 6th when it went off I'm  pretty sure.

Bob M.
Thanks Bob, I'll amend the results now.

If they still do not look right can you post here please, thank you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:26:16 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 11:02:04 AM +0000 »

Better drive in Race 2 with the 'Cuda. But I'm so rubbish with these American monsters even though I love their charisma.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 01:31:39 PM +0000 »

Tony
Looks tight to me, but ask Dan what he thinks.  I don't think he passed me when I went off but can't be sure.  Kindof had the red mist before my eyes because I lost my focus!  Good fun though on a strange little track.  Think we should try the long version sometime in better handling cars. 

Bob M.
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 01:45:50 PM +0000 »

Two bronze entries in the championship table is just about the last thing I expected from these races with these cars (Apart from two silver or gold entries, obviously  Wink). I didn't even find a setup for the Falcon in my original/NG install which can only mean I had literally never driven it in GTL. And while P&G has always suited me better and we used the Falcon regularly there I can remember exactly 1 (one) race in all those years I had a decent race and result with it. But kudos to whomever it is who came up with this car/track combination as it seemed a perfect match. Keeping it on track and more or less in the right direction wasn't that hard. Add a bit of luck on my side, a few absences and a bit of hard luck in the field and there was an unexpected bottle of champers for ole Dom.

I picked the 'Cuda randomly and liked it from the first. That's only the 2nd American V8 where that is the case. The other one was the baddest Mustang in P&G (hmm, Boss?). And while I struggled hard with the fast car transition (are you all in your twenties?  Shocked), the incident at the start and some more luck on my side and bad luck on that of others offered the same result. The track/server quirk was most welcome though because with 5 or 6 laps to go both MattR7 and EvilClive were catching up quickly. We all know who would have been on the short end if it had come to a three way battle.  laugh

Edit:
Wait. The championship says this series is designed by OldGeezer? Is he still around? Or is that one of you? But who then? *confused*
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:51:18 PM +0000 by Dominick » Logged
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 02:12:03 PM +0000 »

Clive passed Bob when the latter had an off. So Clive 5th, but considering his appalling start, I'd like to suggest Bob 3rd and Clive last but one (who happens to be yours truly) Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com