by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 06:10:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19AHI Bridgehampton: June 05, 2019
June 05, 2019, 09:27:45 PM +0100 - Bridgehampton - UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70020) GTC-65 2 +1.025
99.050mph
1 31:35.085
97.373mph
18 1:43.903
98.666mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#3) GTC-65 3 +1.658
98.448mph
2 +1.559
97.293mph
18 1:43.675
98.883mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Pontiac Firebird (#34) GTC-65 1 1:42.475
100.041mph
3 +18.843
96.415mph
18 1:43.249
99.291mph
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#3) GTC-65 5 +3.261
96.956mph
4 +41.311
95.296mph
18 1:45.150
97.496mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Pontiac Firebird (#8) GTC-65 7 +3.850
96.419mph
5 +50.048
94.868mph
18 1:45.300
97.357mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Pontiac Firebird (#54) GTC-65 6 +3.806
96.458mph
6 +1:05.734
94.109mph
18 1:45.160
97.487mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Pontiac Firebird (#8) GTC-65 7 +8L 10 1:46.436
96.318mph
unknown
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Pontiac Firebird (#92) GTC-65 4 +2.079
98.052mph
+18L 0 ---
---
DQ
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron - Bridgehampton - Jun 5  (Read 855 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:33:45 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE TWO (1970's)

Practice: ~21:05 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:10 (10 mins)
Race: 21:20 (18 laps)

Track: Bridgehampton Download this

Cars allowed: 1970's
AMC Javelin, Pontiac Firebird, Plymouth SC Cuda, Shelby Mustang GT500

Car restrictions: Three drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 10:38:45 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 02:30:02 PM +0100 »

Grats to the podiums and finishers in both races and once again Geoffers gives us some ridiculous laptimes to chase!!

I really do enjoy these ridiculously over powered monsters. I find it more akin to wrestling crocodiles than driving, so it must be good for my physical fitness ?? Roll Eyes
Race 1
I missed a race or two earlier in the season and had a full compliment of Impala drives to use up, so although Bridgehampton is not the ideal track for it I have to use them somewhere. I actually spent a good few minutes fighting the Impala in offline practice finding a setup that allowed me to get the darned thing around corners. I knew that this tank of a car was going to destroy tyres when driven in anger...(OK! when driven by me), but figured that 18 laps would be OK.
I never did a full race distance but relied upon the HUD estimate to tell me how much fuel I would need......this proved to be a mistake as I started the last lap  Undecided.
I botched the start and lost 2-3 places and I knew that the car was very prone to sliding off track on cold tyres, so I had to wait until the end of lap 2 before I could deploy the afterburners up the S/F straight. Geez but that Impala is fast in a straight line!!!  ( has anyone else noticed the hesitation in the throttle when you floor the gas with this car??) and passing was a foregone conclusion provided I was within 50mtrs as we entered the straight.
I passed Tony, Fulvio and Rog to get back to 4th spot by about half distance, with the leading trio in a race of their own way ahead.
The tyres were wearing as predicted but I would need to protect them if I wanted a driveable car by lap 18. That would have been OK if Rog had not decided to contest 4th place!! His close attention also probably had an impact on my fuel consumption and I was forced to push hard in an increasingly uncompliant car, pulling a small gap on the straight which he recovered on the corners, until I ran out of fuel just 300mtrs from the flag.  Sad
Race 2
Ok, I had got that Impala out of the way and now I had the Firebird, which I was heartened to see many others had selected.....maybe I had got something right for once??!! Roll Eyes
The difference between the Impala and the Firebird was enormous. The Impala had to be wrestled into corners and a feather light touch on the gas to avoid squirming off the track. The Firebird was a delight, instant turn in and I could stand on the gas at mid-corner and exit without drama. wub
It took me all of the short practice session to adjust my driving but I was looking forward to enjoying some racing instead of a work-out!!
But then the race started and I discovered that I was DQ'd?Huh  No idea why, but quite disappointed not to have joined the fun  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided.
Grats to the podiums and finishers.

On to the next ......................

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 03:49:12 PM +0100 »

Should have been in the Alps and missed these races, but regrettably my car had other ideas...  Cry

Not much time to practice, so couldn't spend too much time selecting the cars.  Surprised to be on pole in the first race (by 1/1000 sec!), as Geoffers was of course faster in praccy, so only down to botched laps in qual.  Staying ahead was always going to be next to impossible, and after a few laps, I ran wide, letting Geoffers through.  He seem destined to disappear, but after a couple of laps, he went off and seemed to struggle with tyres.  Behind me, Matt was ready to pounce, and almost got the chance when I went slightly off approaching the Lightbulb. Only kept my place by hogging the inside line.  After this, Matt started to drop back, while I reeled in Geoffers. Felt I could lap faster, but there was no way past unless he made a mistake, which didn't happen.  Grats to Geoffers & Matt for completing the podium.

Race 2 I got ahead of Geoffers on L1, when he went slightly off.  Inadvertently let him through again a few laps later, when I went way too wide into the Lightbulb.  Tried my best staying with Matt & Geoffers, but they were slowly stretching the gap. Geoff looked sure for another win, until he went off on the final lap, letting Matt & me through before finding the way back on track. At least he rejoined in the right place - I went off in the same place in the CanAm series and lost an entire lap by rejoining 'on the other side'.  Grats to Matt & Geoffers.

Commiserations to Clive for the inexplicable DQ.  Seems like the same that happened to me in the first race of the 50's series last year; dunno what happend.  Sad
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:07:02 PM +0100 »

I really do enjoy these ridiculously over powered monsters. I find it more akin to wrestling crocodiles than driving, so it must be good for my physical fitness ?? Roll Eyes

We will all have muscles like Popeye by the end of the year. Where's the spinach!

Just picked two cars at random this week & never tested any others.

Race 1, only got one decent lap in qually, messed up on all the others, & Erling pipped me to pole by .001s  Shocked. Erling took the lead at the start & to be honest so much happened in the race I can't remember what happened after that. I think I made a mistake & dropped to 3rd behind Matt at one point, then tailed Erling for several  laps before somehow taking the lead. Pulled away initially but then nearly lost it approaching the Lightbulb & only just retained the lead. Over the remaining laps Erling was quicker as the Falcon got progressively more lairy to drive but somehow I managed to keep it on the black stuff until the end.

Race 2, got pole but Matt passed me with a demon move around the outside at T1 at the start. Dropped to 3rd behind Erling at the start of lap 2 when I ran into the sand out of T1 & took several laps to regain 2nd when Erling ran wide at Lightbulb. Caught up with Matt but getting past was not easy, managed it once when Matt got too sideways exiting Lightbulb only to lose it at T1 next lap. Eventually got ahead again with a couple of laps to go when Matt got a wheel in the sand through the Valley of the Lefts. Had a comfortable lead on the last lap only to turn in too early at the 3rd of the lefts, had to correct which caused me to run wide, almost regained the track but unfortunately it then turned left again & I was off into the bushes. By the time I got back on track, Matt & Erling were long gone so finished 3rd.

Congrats to Matt & Erling on the podiums  clap clap, bad luck Clive on the unexplained DQ  Huh
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 08:00:06 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 2

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 01:13:04 PM +0100 »

As above. good fun both races. In Race 2, don't remember when, but one of Geoff's offs may have been a result of him being polite
while I stayed on the inside into T1 and he went wide and did some sand racing. Didn't think much of it at the time, as I tried
to give as much room as I could, but the entry there is as much guesswork as judgement, and I probably should have
stayed tighter in restrospect after watching the replay.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:43:53 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 03:16:29 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the results Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com