by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 05:35:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19AHI Talladega: July 03, 2019
July 03, 2019, 09:27:42 PM +0100 - Talladega (Road (1969-83)) - UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby GT500 (#67040) GTC-65 1 2:10.571
109.449mph
1 31:11.345
106.913mph
14 2:11.563
108.623mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 2 +0.030
109.423mph
2 +9.055
106.398mph
14 2:10.863
109.204mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 4 +2.133
107.689mph
3 +9.192
106.390mph
14 2:12.286
108.030mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 4 +1L 13 2:12.877
107.549mph
accident
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#3) GTC-65 3 +1.907
107.873mph
5 +2L 12 2:13.085
107.381mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70008) GTC-65 6 +4.804
105.565mph
6 +3L 11 2:14.739
106.063mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 5 +4.714
105.635mph
7 +4L 10 2:13.682
106.901mph
unknown
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Shelby GT500 (#457) GTC-65 7 +6.774
104.050mph
8 +7L 7 2:13.773
106.829mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby GT500 (#457) GTC-65 8 +28.818
89.660mph
9 +11L 3 2:17.488
103.942mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
2:10.571
109.449mph
Geoffers
Qualifying
Shelby GT500July 03, 2019, 09:27:42 PM +0100
L19AHI
GT Legends
GTC-65
2:10.863
109.204mph
EvilClive
Race
Shelby GT500July 03, 2019, 09:27:42 PM +0100
L19AHI
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron - Talladega - Jul 3  (Read 1069 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:37:51 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE TWO (1970's)

Practice: ~21:05 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:10 (10 mins)
Race: 21:20 (14 laps)

Track: Talladega Road course Download this

Cars allowed: 1970's
AMC Javelin, Pontiac Firebird, Plymouth SC Cuda, Shelby Mustang GT500

Car restrictions: Three drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 10:24:53 AM +0100 »

Donation time again folk's.

Please donate what you can to keep this site going and providing you with all the sim racing you desire (it says here).

Thank you in advance  I Am Not Worthy

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:53:23 PM +0100 »

Great cars good fun to drive.
Race 1 lap 13 went to fast out of chicane got a S@G clipped Tony's car (sorry).
Race 2 coming out of chicane steering went end of race.

Grats to race winners

Grats to Podiums
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 10:25:05 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 10:37:08 AM +0100 »

"An evening of two halves" best describes last nights racing.

When I joined the server my wheel was about 20 deg off centre. (In reply to Tony's question in chat about that being a life choice?...I think we all know that I am much further away from the centre than that !!!!!) So, I quit and restarted the PC to allow the Logitech software to reboot the wheel and after 2 attempts things were no better??!! wierd? So I opened GPL which actually has a facility to calibrate the wheel and tried to correct things there with some success.
That meant that I had less practice than was ideal but I managed to get up near the front. I was feeling good as I stayed with our resident alien over the first lap and began to think that I might just have a chance.
Then as I approached the S/F line my wife demanded my attention through my headphones, so she must have been loud!! lol. As a result I missed my braking marker and ran ( very) wide at T1 clipping those big blocks. I kept the engine running and swung the car around to rejoin the tarmac, but the steering was 20 deg out again, which probably distracted my attention from the track. Apparently I somehow rejoined the track at the wrong place and ended up driving the wrong way, which got me an instant DQ...........a perfect 15 second storm Undecided

Race 2
After the early exit from Race 1, I took the chance to totally reboot the wheel software and get the calibration correct and waited for Race 2.

I had done a few practice laps earlier in the day just to check server/circuit/car. I'm never sure which cars are best for any circuit as the top speed figures given for the cars seem to be very approximate and unreliable. So I simply selected the drive that I had most of, and the Shelby was rolled out.
A few tweaks to the setup ( based on my experience with the Alpha on Monday  Wink ) transformed the car from just good to almost perfect.

Geoffers was predictably quick and was on pole by a couple of tenths, but I felt that could go faster so I went for a second run. But I ran out of time and despite being 0.5secs up I could not complete the lap.
When the flag dropped I thought the wheel gremlins were back, because 1st gear failed to engage until the 3rd attempt...sorry to cars behind my stationary Mustang  Sad Sad

I was lucky to get away in 3rd place behind Fulvio, with Geoff in front. If I was to have a chance I had to pass Fulvio and catch Geoff before he got into the groove. The Mustang lacked top speed but with a little slipstream I was able to get into 2nd spot before the end of the lap and chase the leader. There then followed a few laps of what I would like to call over exuberant youthful excess, but I suspect that stupid old guy trying too hard is closer to the truth??!!
Fulvio must have wondered what the heck I was doing as I passed him, ran wide, caught him again, ran wide, caught him again, had wild slide etc etc.
Finally I got my head out of my a** and started driving the car properly and was able to slowly close the large gap to Geoff. Just when I thought I had got myself sorted, I braked too late for T1 ( again) and this time Fulvio AND Erling went past  Undecided.
The last few laps were fun chasing down that pair but the car was just great even on worn tyres and I was reeling them in at over a second a lap. I particularly enjoyed the double pass as all three of us entered the banking, I was able to get on the gas early and hold a tight line to sweep past both cars  Cheesy
Fulvio vanished at this point, I hope that there was not any contact as I passed him, but Erling now had the benefit of my slipstream and was a threat.  So I pushed hard over the last lap to build a gap through the twisty bits and I think I did just enough. I knew that Erling was quicker through that chicane on the banking and sure enough he closed the gap on the run to the flag but I kept my foot planted and hugged the inside line to just get to the flag first.
I have always liked these big brutes and last night was huge fun, just wish I had survived race 1 too. Thanks for organising Tony.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:43:11 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 02:49:07 PM +0100 »

Practice and preparation for this had been compromised by Monday's 'fun-races', so some last minute efforts to get ready were required.  Shocked

Had taken heed of words from Geoffers earlier, that this track might suit the Impala, and indeed it was the quickest car. Earlier attempts at using it has been horrid, but here, after a few setup tweaks and some practice, it was actually fun - in a 'trying-to-control-a-volcanic-eruption' kind'a way  Grin

3rd on grid after Geoffers & Clive.  Clive spun off at T1 on L3 and soon disconnected, so tried to hang on to Geoffers. Impossible of course, as he moved away by a sec a lap.  With the remaining field fairly far back, it quickly became a lonely affair.  Grats to Geoffers on an undisputed win, and Bob for 3rd spot.

Race 2; Shelby the fastest for me and I do love the car. Obviously stink at both setting it up and driving it - Geoffers & Clive both being over 2 secs quicker was sobering indeed  Undecided
4th on grid and behind Clive. By the time the flag dropped, he had seemingly nodded off and completely failed to move. Should have exploited it, but got trapped behind him.  Next I completely underestimated cold tyre grip, which combined with the curve being obscured by cars ahead, saw me off on the grass.  Rejoined almost last, in 8th.  Had fun reclaiming places: Tony went wide, losing momentum. Kurt got a little out of shape in the chicane.  Bob; a cheeky move on the inside across the start and into T1 saw me past.  Next and tougher nut was Roger. Eventually a similar move as with Bob got me past, but he was snapping at my heels for the following laps.

Thus back in 4th, chasing Fulvio.  Clive went off at T1 in a cloud of dust, gifting me 3rd. Edged closer to Fulvio over the following laps. We were very evenly matched over a lap, but each with advantages in various places - he was quicker in the infield, especially in the final part up to the oval section, while I had the edge on the latter and through the chicane.  While I was contemplating a possible move, I hadn't paid attention to the Shelby shaped dot growing in my mirrors.  When I finally noticed, a quick check revealed it to be Clive. Bugger...bugger...bugger...I've completely forgotten about him, and still 3 laps to go!!   Now getting past Fulvio became paramount - anything I could put between myself and the Evil One... 

Flying inside move into T1 saw me past, but I was worried about the infield where he was quicker. As we approached the oval bit, I was uncertain whether he was moving up my right side, so stayed left to avoid contact. Gave me an awkward line onto the oval, making it easier for Clive to swoop past. Fulvio vanished without trace, and I worried about possibly having a part in it.  Fulvio, only seen the replay once, but seems you hit the oval at almost 90º deg, and I think your car stood on its nose as a result.

Chased Clive, arriving simultaneously at the chicane, earning me a cut warning - the second, so had to be real careful not to get the final one.  Stayed with him into the next and final lap. Quicker through the chicane and on to some slipstreaming. However, even without that, 4th gear maxed out on this stretch, so couldn't get past; car simply couldn't go any faster.  Grats to Geoffers & Clive.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 07:29:43 PM +0100 »

Apologies to those behind me on the grid for Race 2. When the lights went green I hit the gas and moved not a mm. Helps if you select a gear I guess  Roll Eyes

Hope I didn't ruin anyone's race  Embarrassed

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 07:30:38 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 2

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 06:47:24 PM +0100 »

Well not the races I was expecting after qualifying with the Evil one showing some excellent pace.

1st race, Clive was close behind on the first lap but went off at T1 on lap 2 leaving me with a gradually increasing lead over Erling.

2nd race, this time Fulvio was close behind on lap 1 until he was replaced by Clive who looked set to home in on my rear bumper on lap 2 only to again go off at T1 on the next lap. Pulled out quite a decent lead over the next few laps which was very handy as I made a mess of the chicane about 4 laps from the end which reduced the lead to just 3s. Fortunately the battle for 2nd hotted up over those last 4 laps allowing me to pull away a little towards the finish.

Congrats to Erling, Bob & Clive on their podiums.  clap clap clap
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com