by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 02:54:20 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19AHI Riverside: September 04, 2019
September 04, 2019, 09:25:48 PM +0100 - Riverside - UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
AMC Javelin (#71002) GTC-65 1 1:31.567
112.326mph
1 31:14.074
109.764mph
20 1:32.139
111.628mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Shelby GT500 (#457) GTC-65 4 +0.846
111.297mph
2 +7.845
109.307mph
20 1:32.553
111.129mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 5 +2.367
109.495mph
3 +38.660
107.546mph
20 1:33.925
109.506mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70008) GTC-65 7 +4.067
107.549mph
4 +51.448
106.832mph
20 1:34.514
108.823mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby GT500 (#67040) GTC-65 3 +0.433
111.797mph
5 +4L 16 1:32.093
111.684mph
engine
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 2 +0.056
112.257mph
6 +10L 10 1:31.718
112.141mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 6 +2.633
109.186mph
7 +11L 9 1:34.261
109.115mph
suspension
Goodyear  
misnoimis

AMC Javelin (#7172) GTC-65 8 +4.308
107.279mph
8 9 1:35.560
107.632mph
suspension
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#3) GTC-65 9 +5.382
106.090mph
+20L 0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron - Riverside - Sep 4  (Read 914 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:45:52 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE TWO (1970's)

Practice: ~21:05 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:10 (10 mins)
Race: 21:20 (20 laps)

Track: Riverside (Nascar)  Download this

Cars allowed: 1970's
AMC Javelin, Pontiac Firebird, Plymouth SC Cuda, Shelby Mustang GT500

Car restrictions: Three drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 04:35:34 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 04:18:42 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

I've spotted an error contained within the Riverside GTL track folder, which if left un-attended, will stop our race just after the finish flag, so some back markers may not be placed.

To avoid online miss-match error messages please can everyone download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/hz8xhqcf99phh9p/RiversideGTL.zip/file and copy it into their RiversideGTL folder allowing to overwrite.

Thanks

WT

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 04:29:24 PM +0100 »

Tony, there's an error in the car allowance file. I've used the Javelin twice, but only one time is recorded.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 06:13:50 PM +0100 »

Tony, there's an error in the car allowance file. I've used the Javelin twice, but only one time is recorded.
Sorry about that Erling. I've corrected that now, well spotted.

EDIT: Looks like I stole a Javelin drive from Bob instead of taking one from you. Now corrected.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:57:13 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 10:47:30 AM +0100 »

Two very short-lived events for me.  Sad

Only highlight in race one was a new PB due to Bob's slipstream on the long straight, which gave me an improvement of around 1.5 seconds  Grin

In short praccy for race two after two laps my control settings miraculously changed and car slowed down with engine stopping without any own activity Huh
Never had this before. So restarted the game and found out late in quali that I lost connection to the server. So I had to restart the game one more time and
was back online just before the start, but too tired to concentrate and lost the car during lap one.  Tongue

CU next week - NG Legacy on Monday again at Riverside  Shocked

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 12:47:25 PM +0100 »

Sorry about my inept performances last night guys, but my heart was just not in it  Undecided. I do like these cars and thought I would just have a go.
Grats to all finishers and the podium guys.

Race 1
Cose the Impala simply because I enjoy the sheer insanity of that beast. The Chevelle was actually quicker for me, but it was just too easy to clock low1:31's and possible 1:30 laps in race mode Undecided I was keen to get a good start and I just got too heavy with the right foot off the grid, causing the rear end to break away and stuff me into the concrete wall. The result was some damaged suspension that only manifested itself on left hand corners when at racing speed... and a slight over eagerness to turn right with minimal provocation!. Which is why I things went very wrong approaching the final turn on lap1....sorry to anyone who was compromised by a runaway Impala!! Had to retire as the car was undriveable after that...so I went and had a shower to try and wake myself up a little.

Race 2
Opted for the Javelin which I found to be the fastest car on that long straight and I had a setup that felt very predictable and quick. A better start this time saw me in 1st place at T1 instead of last place like the first race.
My biggest problem was simply staying focused on what I was supposed to be doing, i.e. driving a V8 powered bus quickly and accurately. I was doing OK for 90% of the time but every couple of laps my mind would wander and I would either make a small mistake or simply slow down  Undecided
This meant that the gap back to Erling grew and contracted far too much and instead of pulling away I kept falling back within a second or so.
Then, I just had brain fade coming through T1 and was on totally the wrong line through the fast esses. To compound the problem, I did not lift but tried to force the car through the bends....the rear tyres objected strongly and whipped the car to the left where I caught Erling ( apologies for that...all my fault!  Sad ) Geoff swept past as I played sandcastles.
Maybe I could have rejoined and continued but, like I said, my concentration was not there so I quit before I spoiled someone else's race too.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 05:21:32 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear about your concentration problems Clive; hope it's not because of something serious.

Two great but tough races for me.  New pb in race 1 qual, but not good for more than 4th.  Good starts from Roger & Tony saw them swoop past, helped by me having to navigate around a tyre burning, but hardly moving Clive.  Some slipstreaming and better straightline speed saw me past Roger down the straight.  Repeated the move on Tony a lap later, putting me in 3rd.  Matt was a fair bit further up the road, and being faster in qual, it seemed unlikely I could catch him.  Few laps later however, he clipped one of the reinforced concrete tyres in the slow righthander, spinning his car 360º.  That closed the gap considerably.  A few more laps of hard chase put me in position to pass him down the straight, courtesy of the GTO's better straightline speed.  Lost the position promptly again, when he went much faster through T1 (everyone did, it seemed, so I had to learn fast). Repeated the move on the straight, and then went faster in T1.  That put me on the line Matt had taken when he passed me, so prevented him from doing it again.  Rest of the race was an intense chase; I would gain a little on the straight, and Matt would claw most back on most laps through the twisty parts.  Grats to Geoffers on the win & Matt on 3rd.

Race 2:
Massive improvement of my pb in qual, but still VERY surprised to find I had stolen pole from under Clive's nose Shocked  Hadn't had time to practice starting, so predictably lost a place when Clive grabbed the lead as the flag dropped. Only just managed to slam the door in Geoffers' face at T1.  First half of the race was an intense chase of Clive, with Geoffers looming in the background, no more than about 3 secs away at most.  Then Clive had his moment at the esses, giving me a bump as I went past.  Sent me off track, and I had to thread my way back very carefully between the unyielding tyres.  It meant Geoffers sailed past into the lead. "Bugger bugger bugger; even when he isn't outright fastest, Lady Luck still smiles on him, making sure he wins anyway!!" That was my thoughts as I started the hard chase.  Got as close as 0.7 sec, but was never in a position to make a move - we were very evenly matched over the next many laps. But then the fickle Lady Luck suddenly turned her back on Geoffers, when he got a bit out of shape in the esses, hitting one of those car killing tyres.  Put his car into a spectacular pirouette, and I held my breath going past, hoping not to get caught up in that meat grinder.  Sorry about that Geoff; obviously wanted to beat you, but had preferred a different way  Undecided   Had a 10-sec gap to the car behind, so eased off a little over the final laps, to avoid throwing it all away unnecessarily.  Grats to Matt & Roger, and commiserations to Geoffers & Clive, and the other retirees.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 09:05:34 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 2

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 08:37:31 AM +0100 »

Thanks for your kind words Erling.
I suspect that the painkillers I am taking are responsible for at least one of my 2 operational brain cells losing focus. Well, I hope that is the reason...otherwise the future look a little  bleak lol!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 12:26:17 PM +0100 »

Sorry too to hear about your problems Clive, hope it clears up soon.

Not to much to say about the first race, grabbed pole at the very last minute, took the lead & had Matt not too far back for a few laps until he made an error, after which it was just a case of reeling off the laps.

Race 2 was very different, only managed 3rd on the grid behind the Javelins of Erling & Clive. Got quite a good start but got squeezed by Erling at T1, had to lift off & lost 3rd to Rog which I managed to recover on the first lap. The lead two were already a couple of seconds ahead & try as I might I could not close the gap, in fact Clive was consistently around 0.5s quicker each lap until he made a couple of mistakes. Then suddenly I came through the esses to find both Clive & Erling off the road & I was in the lead. Erling quickly recovered & was only 2.5s behind which shrunk to almost nothing when I messed up the tight turn onto the link section. Over the next few laps we were very evenly matched until once again I messed up race 2 of this series, went into the second part of the esses a little too quick, ran wide & hit the car killing tyres. Cue lots of flames & a dead car.

Congrats to Erling on his victory & to Matt & Rog on their podiums.  clap clap clap
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com