by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 10:09:34 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19AHI Westwood Park: October 09, 2019
October 09, 2019, 08:31:41 PM +0100 - Westwood Park - UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Chevelle (#1367) GTC-65 1 1:12.324
89.429mph
1 29:28.840
87.758mph
24 1:12.816
88.825mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Chevrolet Chevelle (#67202) GTC-65 2 +0.355
88.992mph
2 +22.035
86.678mph
24 1:12.987
88.617mph
Firestone  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Falcon Sprint 351 (#56) GTC-65 4 +1.528
87.579mph
3 +30.551
86.268mph
24 1:13.900
87.522mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Chevrolet Chevelle (#1367) GTC-65 3 +1.191
87.980mph
4 +1:06.446
84.580mph
24 1:13.575
87.909mph
Firestone  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Chevrolet Impala (#44) GTC-65 5 +1L
83.308mph
23 1:15.260
85.940mph
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:12.324
89.429mph
Geoffers
Qualifying
Chevrolet ChevelleOctober 09, 2019, 08:31:41 PM +0100
L19AHI
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:12.816
88.825mph
Geoffers
Race
Chevrolet ChevelleOctober 09, 2019, 08:31:41 PM +0100
L19AHI
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 60's & 70's American Heavy Iron - Westwood Park - Oct 9  (Read 1550 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:49:17 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE ONE (1960's)

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race: 20:30 (24 laps)

Track: Westwood Park Download this

Cars allowed: 1960's
Chevrolet Chevelle, Chevrolet Impala, Ford Falcon Sprint, Pontiac GTO

Car restrictions: Three drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:33:06 PM +0100 »

I will not be attending this event. Please note that there will be no practice password. Please use the usual race password.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 06:25:12 PM +0100 »

Sorry - I will miss tonight's races. Didn't sleep last night (unfortunately only migraine headache   laugh ). Simply too tired for any activity.

Have fun guys.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 08:07:41 PM +0100 »

Looks like the server has dropped out from the lobby. I have PMed Tony but can anyone else sort it? Cheers.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:11:12 PM +0100 »

Looks like the server has dropped out from the lobby. I have PMed Tony but can anyone else sort it? Cheers.
server is running now

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:20 AM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 01:43:05 PM +0100 »

Sorry I couldn't make this one, An old veteran buddy that I used to visit at the home passed away and some of us had a sorta Wake for him late yesterday PM.  He had outlived most of his family, was a WW2 vet so we had to do something.  Drank a few toasts and every one brought a dish of something.  Even with little notice the VFW hall was packed, he would have been smiling.....................

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 02:14:31 PM +0100 »

Sorry I couldn't make this one, An old veteran buddy that I used to visit at the home passed away and some of us had a sorta Wake for him late yesterday PM.  He had outlived most of his family, was a WW2 vet so we had to do something.  Drank a few toasts and every one brought a dish of something.  Even with little notice the VFW hall was packed, he would have been smiling.....................

Bob M.
Sound like a great tribute, well done.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 06:36:03 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 1

Only one overtaking during the hole race ... new record?

Cool

Sorry again for not filling up the grid ...
Feeling better today after 9 1/2 hours of sleep.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:37:41 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 09:52:39 PM +0100 »

Thanks for both sets of results Kurt.  thumbup1

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 12:25:40 PM +0100 »

Couple of good results, if not the most exciting of races, shame there were only the five of us.

First race, got away in the lead & gradually drew away from Clive until he had on off & left me well ahead. Nowt much else happened apart from lapping Fulvio in the Impala, brave man taking that on this tight track.  thumbup1

Second race had a bit more excitement. Again took the lead but braked a bit too late at the end of the back straight on lap 2 & had to throw it into the corner & got very sideways allowing Clive to nip past. Tailed him for several laps, gaining on the twisty bits but losing out on the straights. On the ninth lap it was Clive's turn to brake too late at the end of the back straight & skate off into the gravel, leaving me with a comfortable lead. Extended it over the rest of the race except for a quick spin at T4 late on.  Roll Eyes

Congrats to Clive, Erling & Dan on their podiums.  clap clap clap
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:33:40 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 04:14:43 PM +0100 »

Select little crowd as Geoffers mentions - and a bit of a culture shock getting back into these after the F3 on Monday!  Shocked

With almost the entire heavy metal elite present, I didn't have high hopes.  Sure enough only 4th on the grid for race 1.  Behind me, Fulvio appeared to fall off already on L1 in his tank.  Few laps later Dan did so in T1, allowing me past. Couple laps later we encountered Clive recovering in the same place. He got going before I could pass him, but had to make a try into T2.  Did get past, but not without contact, so courtesy dictated I let him past again.  The tricky bit would be to let Clive past, but avoid having Dan exploiting the situation and nip past too.  With a little dexterity, this was accomplished.

Dan in hot pursuit for 1 or 2 laps, but he gradually fell back.  Up ahead, Clive's driving seemed a bit ragged, so maybe an opportunity might arise ?  Regrettably he got his act together, seemingly giving up on catching the uncatchable Geoffers, and instead concentrating on staying ahead of me, something entirely more managable...  'Controlling the race' in front of me is close to the biggest red cloth you can wave, so did my outmost (to no avail). Got my fastest split at the end of the back straight on worn tyres on L19, so can't say I wasn't trying  Wink  In the later laps, Clive did pull out a gap however, when my tyres had had enough. 

3rd on grid in race 2, but after a couple of laps (and with a dent or two), Dan got ahead at the hairpin.  He soon went off in T1 again, handing me back the position. One lap later, I passed Fulvio's upturned car in the same place  Shocked Maybe it wouldn't right itself ?  Dan was far behind, as he had waited for Fulvio (although it doesn't seem like they tangled).  I noted with some concern that up ahead, Clive had gotten in front.  Since I'm in contention with him for championship position, I hoped Geoffers would pull himself together and retake the lead..  Cool

Race wore on and I was alone with my thoughts (mainly being "this car needs a radio"), when I suddenly saw a big dust plume at the hairpin. Had Clive at the bottom of it and I went past, having to start pushing again.  First the gap was 3.5 secs. Next lap it was 9 secs however, but still plenty of laps for him to catch me. One lap later it was 7.5 secs, so if he kept that up, he would easily catch me. Next lap it was only 0.5 secs better though, and remained there for another lap.  Next jumped to 12 secs, then 16 and eventually 26, so obviously he was having trouble.

Grats to Geoffers on the two wins, and Clive & Dan for the podiums
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 04:48:47 PM +0100 »

Grats to Geoff and all who finished.

Much as Erling reported...
Race 1
I was trying to stay with Geoff, but he had a couple of tenths up his sleeve on each lap and despite my best attempts I could not catch him, or even stay with him  Undecided. Then I went past the ability quotient at the end of the straight when I tried braking 10 mtrs later. That almost gave Erling the chance he was hoping for  Wink. Once I got the red mist cleared from inside the car and settled into a sensible pace, I was able to rumble home in 2nd spot.

Race 2
I opted to use up a Mustang drive just to save other options for the next races. Quite surprised to be 2nd on grid and not a million miles away from Geoff's time. Not sure about Geoff, but my time was done on race fuel, so I knew that I should be at least competitive in the race. After the first few laps it became very obvious that I had some extra KPH under the bonnet on the back straight, especially with a little slipstream....hmmmmm  Roll Eyes

Tried to get a better drive off the bend leading onto that straight and hassle Geoff a little...I know that he likes that sort of thing  Grin!... Maybe it was me, maybe he made the error all on his own, but when he got a wheel wide onto the grass and a 50/50 passing chance appeared I had to take the offer because with Geoff they don't come very often.

The next few laps were good fun, because my extra straight line speed ( which I had no idea about before the race!) pulled me 0.5 secs on each lap and Geoff had to work to close it up again, before we repeated the dance on the next lap.

I was just beginning to think that I had just enough to keep Geoff behind for the rest of the race ( should've been concentrating on the track!! not daydreaming!!  Undecided ) when I got one of my dreaded double downshifts into the hairpin. That locked up the rear end and I slid hard into the kitty litter. By the time I had dug myself out with, the help of much foul language and waving of arms, Erling was through and a healthy distance ahead  Sad
OK no probs I thought, plenty of laps to reel him in. But the Mustang was just not as stable and predictable as it had been before and braking for that hairpin was a lottery on each lap. Even allowing for tyre wear etc, something was not working correctly and TBH I was lucky to even finish the race after several more "offs".
Still enjoying these monsters, just wish we had seen a bigger grid at Westwood, but I see that there were a few who could not make it so hopefully more fun next time  Wink
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:50:57 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com