by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:50:34 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19NZMC Taupo: February 13, 2019
February 13, 2019, 09:38:16 PM +0000 - Taupo (International) - UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Toyota Corolla (#74) TC-65 D2 1 43.956
70.607mph
1 19:17.751
69.698mph
26 43.419
71.480mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 8 +1.579
68.158mph
2 +29.930
67.942mph
26 44.598
69.590mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Toyota Corolla (#401) TC-65 D2 2 +0.307
70.117mph
3 +30.996
67.881mph
26 44.241
70.152mph
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Isuzu Bellett GT (#50) TC-65 D2 4 +0.827
69.303mph
4 +32.646
67.787mph
26 44.436
69.844mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Isuzu Bellett GT (#2) TC-65 D2 3 +0.602
69.653mph
5 +33.548
67.735mph
26 44.344
69.989mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Toyota Corolla (#74) TC-65 D2 6 +1.037
68.979mph
6 +37.889
67.489mph
26 44.263
70.117mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Toyota Corolla (#62) TC-65 D2 10 +1.743
67.914mph
7 +1L
66.950mph
25 44.615
69.564mph
Dunlop  
S.Cargo

Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#30) TC-65 D2 9 +1.731
67.931mph
8 +6.543
66.574mph
25 45.454
68.280mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Toyota Corolla (#33) TC-65 D2 11 +2.417
66.926mph
9 +20.554
65.783mph
25 44.809
69.262mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Toyota Corolla (#401) TC-65 D2 5 +0.995
69.044mph
10 +21.539
65.728mph
25 44.146
70.303mph
Dunlop  
Dominick

Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#30) TC-65 D2 7 +1.422
68.394mph
11 +2L
64.009mph
24 45.566
68.112mph
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
70.607mph
Geoffers
Qualifying
Toyota CorollaFebruary 13, 2019, 09:38:16 PM +0000
L19NZMC
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
71.480mph
Geoffers
Race
Toyota CorollaFebruary 13, 2019, 09:38:16 PM +0000
L19NZMC
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup - Taupo - Feb 13  (Read 1190 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:17:06 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE THREE

Practice/car change: ~21:20 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:25 (5 mins, One attempt at a timed lap only)
Race: 21:30 (26 laps)

Track: Taupo Download this

Cars allowed: Isuzu Bellett 1600GT Download this
                       Mazda RX-3 Gr.2 Download this (Exclude car #41CY)
                       Toyota Corolla KE30 Download this

To fix the Mazda, so that it shows up in-game, download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/so9a37x756n5j2y/Mazda_TC-65_cars.zip/file
                       and overwrite the existing car files.

To fix the Toyota, so that it shows up in-game, download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/24k2r01heel0xgl/Toyota_TC-65_cars.zip/file
                       and overwrite the existing car files.

Car restrictions: One drive maximum per make/per night. You decide which race you enter which make in.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 06:46:47 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:57:14 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

It's the first time we have run all of these cars online so there could be problems.

I would urge everyone to check that they have downloaded everything correctly. Also please check that your chosen three cars all work online BEFORE race night.

Please post if you experience any problems.

Thanks

WT

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 10:42:41 AM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

I have created a download that contains all the cars (+fixes) and tracks for this series.

If you would like this, please send me a pm.

Thanks

WT

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 10:49:31 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 11:36:50 AM +0000 »

Grats to the winners and podiums and commiserations to those who suffered from simple mistakes and racing incidents.
I have been thinking a lot about these races since last night and, although my history in UKGTL is relatively short, I don't think I can recall a series where three different marques of cars are so evenly balanced. As a result the racing can only be described as frenetic and frantic!!!

When I did some practice during Wednesday afternoon my first impressions were that the Isuzu was going to be the slowest car, it just felt sluggish with its 4 speed gearbox. The Mazda might be good if I could put up with that screaming engine, and the Toyota felt like it should be a second a lap quicker? But, the stopwatch does not lie and after trying all 3 cars there was very little to separate them in the laptimes that I could extract.

Maybe it was just me, but a 44 sec lap was the limit of my ability in all 3 cars, with a possible 43 sec lap if I got lucky? So, I joined the server quite expecting the usual suspects ( you  know who you are!! ) to be clocking 42 secs or lower. With such a short lap, tenths of secs were the difference between grid positions and so it was during the racing. The cars were so evenly matched that it was impossible to create a passing opportunity unless the driver ahead made an error... and it quickly became apparent that any chance had to be siezed upon  Roll Eyes.

Contact and incidents were common as various paint finishes were compared at close quarters and as a result my collection of door handles and mirrors has grown significantly. With all cars running on the limit of adhesion, the slightest contact would upset the balance and usually send the car onto that very slippery NZ grass. Often no contact was necessary as just a little too much right foot would provoke terminal understeer and a trip onto the green stuff.
Places were gained and lost throughout the races as mistakes were made and capitalised upon, but the end result was hugely enjoyable and unpredictable right up to the flag.

I suspect that this series will generate really close racing for every round and has the potential to require more moderating than any previous competition...........unless we all remain gentlemen drivers.

On which note, I must apologise to Dan for the contact that sent him spinning. I was unsure whether I was at fault as I had got good drive off the previous corner to get alongside and when I realised that Dan was turning for the apex I took to the grass. I half waited and half was lured by the leaders escaping ahead for a lap. If Tony deems me at fault I have no problem as I my enjoyment of the close racing won't be diminished  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:55:30 PM +0000 »

As Clive stated I also enjoyed these races very much.  The cars are matched very good, my top times were only .2 seconds from all three cars, Toyo and Mazda being the same time and the Izzy being a little slower, but I'm sure over the race it would all even out.
By R3, I had kindof lost my focus and goofed up in Qual so ended up at the last of the field, no big deal.  Was racing behind Dom and SC, thought I was a little quicker but not the case.  Track is tough to pass on.  Then about a third of the way into the race Dom caught the curb on the final corner and got sideways and I tapped him lightly.  Sorry about that! I waited for him but he sent a GO message so I took off, thanks Dom.  He later caught up to me but then but he had a off into the weeds.  Was catching SC and Tony a little bit but then Dan appeared in my mirror and had to hold him off.  Then disaster stuck and my PC crashed to desktop so lost a couple of positions on that.  Maybe gotta get the shop vac out and blow the dust out of it and check my video settings.  Second time in as many weeks.  Anyway thanks to Tony for some great racing.  Grats to the podium winners!!!!

Great fun
Bob M.
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 03:25:24 PM +0000 »

I think all has been said by the gentlemen above. T was a splendid evening of racing fun. Battles everywhere you happened to be on the track. Anyone could be your next target untill there was this slight mistake that would send you…..ermm well of the grey stuff anyway. Luck and disaster went side by side. Who could ask for more?
As far as I could tell there were 11 gentlemen having the time of their lives thrashing their cars round this fun track.

And, oh Clive, a friendly tap is part of the game. Gave me extra motivation to try and catch up with you again.

Keep these entertaining race nights coming Tony, so much appreciated here.....

Cheers, Dan (who will be in France next week, so a no show in the Beemers)

S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 05:34:02 PM +0000 »

Just like all previous comments: Great choice of cars!  thumbup2
Not easy to manage (for me at least) but very closely matched in term of lap times. Maybe this was also due to this specific track (quite special in my opinion)... this we will know at next round.
During my initial testing of cars and track I thought these races would be more of a pain  than a joy. How wrong was I !

During the races I have been slow (as my pseudo implies) but I kept the car on the tarmac, and was even close to other drivers at some point, so this has been a very enjoyable evening.
I must apologise to Geoffers for not letting him pass during the last race  oops
My brain was obviously turned-off as I did not understand what was happening with this car "suddenly" appearing out of nowhere and trying to pass me...  Really sorry!

Thanks to all participants, and to the Great Organizer  Wink in particular.

Patrick
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 06:20:08 PM +0000 »

I must apologise to Geoffers for not letting him pass during the last race  oops
My brain was obviously turned-off as I did not understand what was happening with this car "suddenly" appearing out of nowhere and trying to pass me...  Really sorry!

Don't worry about it Patrick, it's not always obvious who is behind, could just have easily been someone challenging for position.

Like others have said, my initial testing showed these cars to be very closely matched, it was only when I started messing with setups that the Toyota proved to be about half a second faster. The Isuzu on the other hand I could not make any faster, just a bit less tricky to drive.

First race in the RX3 went well, gradually easing away from Erling & when he must have made an error I had a comfortable run to the end.

Second race in the Isuzu went well to start with chasing Ziu, seemed to be fairly equal apart from the last corner where I could be much later on the brakes, but finding a way past was not easy & eventually I bumped Ziu into a spin there. Roll Eyes  Several cars went past as I waited & I resumed in 7th place. A few laps later the car got away from me & I somersaulted into the pit lane, rejoined but then spun at the last turn & as I was stranded in the middle of the track with the leaders approaching, I pressed Esc.

Final race in the Corolla, well not much to say really apart from sorry for being so quick, I'm sure it was just a matter of finding a real sweet spot in the setup.

Congrats to the other podium mounters particularly Fulvio for three 2nd places.  clap clap clap
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 06:38:13 PM +0000 »

Result_Race3

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 01:33:19 AM +0000 »

Don't worry about it Patrick, it's not always obvious who is behind, could just have easily been someone challenging for position.

Like others have said, my initial testing showed these cars to be very closely matched, it was only when I started messing with setups that the Toyota proved to be about half a second faster. The Isuzu on the other hand I could not make any faster, just a bit less tricky to drive.

First race in the RX3 went well, gradually easing away from Erling & when he must have made an error I had a comfortable run to the end.

Second race in the Isuzu went well to start with chasing Ziu, seemed to be fairly equal apart from the last corner where I could be much later on the brakes, but finding a way past was not easy & eventually I bumped Ziu into a spin there. Roll Eyes  Several cars went past as I waited & I resumed in 7th place. A few laps later the car got away from me & I somersaulted into the pit lane, rejoined but then spun at the last turn & as I was stranded in the middle of the track with the leaders approaching, I pressed Esc.

Final race in the Corolla, well not much to say really apart from sorry for being so quick, I'm sure it was just a matter of finding a real sweet spot in the setup.

Congrats to the other podium mounters particularly Fulvio for three 2nd places.  clap clap clap

Thx, I was lucky to keep it on tarmac all the way :-)

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com