by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 05:34:09 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19NZMC Timaru: April 10, 2019
April 10, 2019, 08:31:36 PM +0100 - Timaru (Long) - UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 1 1:14.843
71.487mph
1 17:43.547
70.429mph
14 1:14.385
71.927mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 3 +1.394
70.180mph
2 +20.870
69.073mph
14 1:15.349
71.007mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Toyota Corolla (#401) TC-65 D2 3 +27.047
68.682mph
14 1:15.619
70.754mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 4 +3.711
68.110mph
4 +41.491
67.784mph
14 1:17.508
69.029mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Isuzu Bellett GT (#50) TC-65 D2 5 +59.293
66.710mph
14 1:17.209
69.297mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#472) TC-65 D2 2 +1.323
70.245mph
6 +1:01.381
66.586mph
14 1:16.708
69.749mph
Dunlop  
S.Cargo

Toyota Corolla (#26) TC-65 D2 7 +1:03.243
66.476mph
14 1:16.775
69.688mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#381) TC-65 D2 8 +1:12.162
65.954mph
14 1:17.744
68.820mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Isuzu Bellett GT (#78) TC-65 D2 9 +1:12.662
65.925mph
14 1:17.688
68.869mph
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup - Timaru - Apr 10  (Read 1343 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:30:31 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE ONE

Practice: ~19:25 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:25 (5 mins, One attempt at a timed lap only)
Race: 20:30 (14 laps)

Track: Timaro Download this

Cars allowed: Isuzu Bellett 1600GT Download this
                       Mazda RX-3 Gr.2 Download this (Exclude car #41CY)
                       Toyota Corolla KE30 Download this

To fix the Mazda, so that it shows up in-game, download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/so9a37x756n5j2y/Mazda_TC-65_cars.zip/file
                       and overwrite the existing car files.

To fix the Toyota, so that it shows up in-game, download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/24k2r01heel0xgl/Toyota_TC-65_cars.zip/file
                       and overwrite the existing car files.

Car restrictions: One drive maximum per make/per night. You decide which race you enter which make in.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:51:22 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:27:04 PM +0100 »

Sorry to say but I'm not able to make any of the cars work properly on this track Huh
Spins and offs in nearly every lap. Some seconds behind the AI around 1:20 in the Corolla and the RX3, around 1:22 in the Bellet.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 09:33:30 PM +0100 »

I wasn't up to it tonight. Bit of a stomach bug I suspect. I hope you all had a good one.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:41:40 PM +0100 »

Well not exactly Dominick  Undecided In fact I quit in complete frustration with my hardware  Sad At least I hope it was mostly the hardware, and not me!!??

First of all grats to the podiums and all finishers and apologies to anyone who I fouled during my time on track.

Race 1 with the Mazda was just horrible. I had very little control of the car and even less idea about how to drive it.
Hoped for better in Race 2, with the Isuzu. I thought that I was beginning to "get it" until Lap 5 when something went horribly wrong with my connection and I jumped from last to second, drove through Tony's car 3 times in half a lap without any contact...plus a few others as well. Then I lost all FF and the steering felt very odd. When the shifter started ignoring or delaying my polite requests for an upshift/downshift, I decided that it was time to surrender... and I quit the server.

Race 3 started whilst I was still trying to reboot everything and check the wheel/shifter/pedals calibration.....which was probably just as well  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:03:23 PM +0100 »

Lap 5 when something went horribly wrong with my connection and I jumped from last to second, drove through Tony's car 3 times in half a lap without any contact...plus a few others as well
I don't think it was your connection, because I got the same incident: cars all over the place, not sure (before "not hitting" one) if they were real or ghosts...
It's true though that in race 1 your car seemed to be all over the place...

Not a great evening for me, even though I won the Mazda Cup is race 3  Grin
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:04:21 PM +0100 »

OK guys, sorry for running away with all 3 races, clearly I have these cars sorted too well. I have uploaded my setups for all three cars to the online setups folders, look in Timaru, they are the only three cars uploaded for that track. Hope it helps some of you go a bit quicker, not too fast though mind! laugh
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:29:28 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 06:09:27 AM +0100 »

Grats Geoffers for a triple win!

Race 1: Finally found a way to handle the RX3 by soften the setup as far as possible for this track.
           Found myself in a surprising second place in the beginning then had my usual spin and lost some places but hoped that I would be able to finish
           in that position. In the second last lap I had another off and finished in my usual region just ahead of Tony.

Race 2: My idea concerning the setup didn't work quite well with the Corolla. Had a 1:18.... in quali when I was alone on the server respectively lost connection  Roll Eyes
           (5 seconds slower than Geoffers with the Corolla in race 3  Tongue). Left after several offs and spins. Senseless  Huh

Race 3: As I didn't practice very much in the Bellet (I was very surprised about times reached with it in race 1 & 2) and have to get up at 04:45 am I skipped this one as usual.

Thanks for uploading your setups, Geoffers. I'll give them a try.

CU next week.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 09:26:02 AM +0100 »

So, it might not have been my hardware? If that is correct then my driving must have been even worse than I thought and I have no excuses!! lol

Either way, all was reconfigured last night and appeared to be OK, offline at least. Grats to Geoffers on a dominant 3 race performance, you certainly seem to have found the sweet spot for these cars  Undecided. My fight was far more with the car itself rather than any other drivers.  no

I will have to take a look at Geoffers' setups and see where they differ from mine.

I have watched replays of Geoffers ( and Erling ) before and I cannot believe how late they appeared to brake for the corners and still make the apexes comfortably. If I try delaying throwing out the anchors as late as that, my car would be off into the boondocks!! Also, Geoffers especially, is ultra smooth both with steering and application of power...all of which adds up to someone who probably deserves to be on the podium at the end of most races.  Undecided

Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:02:04 PM +0100 »

I like these.

race 1:  I was following some cars into T1 one a lap, and completely missed where the turn was, went flying over the grass
and thought I could avoid spearing anyone by power on and diving between two cars  Shocked
As I went so far off over the grass, and took a while to get going, I have no idea (not watched replays yet)
as to who, if anyone I hit.

Then, chasing Bob closely, I got too close and pushed him into a spin, waited of course, but then we were at the back of the field
appollogies for that one.

Race2: Fairly clean I think  Huh Used the Toyboata, the easiiest, and maybe the quickest car?

Race3: I can't load a Mazda without a CTD, tried reinstalling copying the extra files, reboot PC nothing fixed it, Have to look at that when I can. Tony graciously alowed me to use the Bellett again, so that was cool  Cool
Was this the one with the dodgy con issues? if so, I tried to drive off the racing line, I think  I might have even taking
some grass to not cause any accidents, either way, before that Bob got his revenge, and it was my turn to go sailing across the turf into a fence, we got going again, but after the warpingstuff he was somehow a couple of places behind? No aware of how
that happened.

All good fun anyways.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:34:09 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 01:51:19 PM +0100 »

.....................had a few minutes, so I tried Geoffers' setup for the Mazda. FWIW this is what I found.  Wink

At first, it seemed little better that what I had wrestled with last night, other than feeling a little less skittish, but I still could not get it stopped as quickly as he appeared to??  Huh

So, assuming that Geoffers is not the sort of guy who deliberately plants defective setups online  Roll Eyes, I figured that it must be me doing it wrong!!

Another close look at the setup parameters showed that his setup differed from what I had cobbled together, in just about every department except gear ratios and camber. the only thing that I changed was the steering ratio, which I think is partially determined by my G25 base settings, to get more lock.

The brake balance was way more to the rear than mine and he had dropped the effectiveness to 94%......Huh? I would have expected that to make the rear very loose on corner entry and affect stability.

Here I had to draw on GPL driving experience and think ( see!!, us old farts can multi-task  blink ) about how I would handle that sort of balance in GPL.... maybe he is trail braking? Looked at the diff setting too, which was at the opp end of the range from mine. Hmmmmmmmm.........

Back onto the tarmac and tried to defy my natural urge to get off the gas and nail the brakes at each corner. Gradually I was getting the "feel" of keeping 10-20% of throttle on and braking left footed right into the apex, just easing off the brake at the critical point and getting back onto the gas.

The result was a dead 1:16 after about 5 laps. Definitely better, but my problem will be muscle memory, and the expectation that lifting off the gas will promote oversteer into the corner, which I like, but I suspect that Geoff does not.

I have not tried the Corolla or the Isuzu yet but I would anticipate that they need to be driven in the same way as the Mazda.

I did notice that using Geoff's setup was much harder on the tyres, than my dodgy version, but given that these are short sprint races that is really not a problem

Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 02:39:05 PM +0100 »

Three fun races for me, my results might not show it, but a lot of action and fairly close racing most of the time.  Big sorry to Matt, I assure you my rear ending you was not malicious in the last race.  I think I was looking too far ahead to what the other three cars were doing ahead of us or maybe just brain fade from all the action and missed my braking point.  For that matter I didn't know it was you who got together with me earlier.  Some weird screen issues in that one race.  I thought for a while it was my connection or maybe my PC was acting up, but cleared up after that so must have been on the server.  Haven't look at the replays to see what they look like, and probably won't, it is what it is, just a fluke.  See you all at Norising in my least favorite vehicles of the season.

Bob M.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 03:38:20 PM +0100 »

Bob, I didn't mean to suggest it was deliberate  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 03:42:17 PM +0100 »

Nor did I take it that way, sorry if it sounded that way just racing to me.  Maybe too many crippled brain cells, senior moment on my part.

Bob M.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 04:21:08 PM +0100 »

Clive, don't know what gears you are using through each corner but on some of the corners you lose too much speed by going down too many gears. In the Mazda I used 3rd through T1/2, stay in 3rd through T3 (helps with traction on the way out too), 4th through T4 & T5, down to 3rd for T6 (brake gently right into the turn), stay in 3rd through T7, down to 2nd for T8, short shift to 3rd for T9, T10 is flat obviously. You said you like lift-off oversteer, which I do to a point, but I have the brakes set well to the rear & use them to help turn the car, ultimately it is probably not as effective at stopping the car but it allows you to brake deeper into the turns.

Basically I have just evolved my setups to suit me & the way I drive, they wont suit everyone (maybe no one!) but hopefully they may help some of you go a bit faster. I enjoy winning races but not by such big margins as last night so I thought posting my setups may help. I'm not the fastest guy out there, Dom will tell you that JohnW & Daz at NG were both quicker than me in virtually any car.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com