by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:37:03 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19NZMC Teratonga: June 19, 2019
June 19, 2019, 08:32:23 PM +0100 - Teratonga (1966-) - UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Corolla (#36) TC-65 D2 2 +0.481
80.880mph
1 18:56.442
80.998mph
16 1:10.110
82.058mph
Dunlop  
S.Cargo

Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 1 1:10.650
81.431mph
2 +30.964
78.849mph
16 1:11.130
80.881mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#13) TC-65 D2 4 +1.601
79.626mph
3 +38.971
78.312mph
16 1:11.732
80.202mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#381) TC-65 D2 6 +3.572
77.512mph
4 +46.984
77.782mph
16 1:11.380
80.598mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 5 +2.610
78.530mph
5 +51.236
77.504mph
16 1:12.374
79.491mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 3 +1.567
79.664mph
6 +2L 14 1:11.550
80.407mph
fuel
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#14) TC-65 D2 7 +3.680
77.399mph
7 +12L 4 1:13.984
77.761mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
1:10.650
81.431mph
S.Cargo
Qualifying
Isuzu Bellett GTJune 19, 2019, 08:32:23 PM +0100
L19NZMC
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
1:10.110
82.058mph
Erling G-P
Race
Toyota CorollaJune 19, 2019, 08:32:23 PM +0100
L19NZMC
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup - Teratonga - Jun 19  (Read 1812 times)
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 07:56:21 PM +0100 »

Maybe you shouldn't  have deleted cy41 ? It may still be on the server although it's not used.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 08:05:18 PM +0100 »

I still have an issue with the Mazda. It CTD when I try to join even off line.
I have deleted any trace of it that I can find, redownloaded, and installed
added the overwrite zip, deleted 41cy. I can load and run with any others
but not the Mazda, and I have tried a few of them.

Oddly the Toyota was in GTC-56 dir, and the others are in TC-65
I copied the Totota dir to TC-65, and it hasn't cganged anything
it could find it before, and still does.

ANy suggestions?
The Mazda and the Toyota should be in the TC-65 folder. The Isuzu lives in the GTC-TC-76 folder. The Mazda also has a placement in the GTC-TC-76 folder. This is because both the Mazda and the Isuzu have different class cars in the one download (hope that makes sense).

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 08:46:03 PM +0100 »

A little disappointed  Undecided Running a few laps to get used to the Bellet and watching laptimes appear on the HUD, and I happened to glance at the clock on my desk...8:36??? the first race should have started by now??

Ok, I'll sit in the pits and watch the others go around, except they weren't. Every car on the list was frozen in position  Undecided from their onboard cameras.

Quit to the lobby and sure enough the race was showing as started. Usually I expect to see cars frozen around the track which is a good clue that something is wrong, but I saw nothing on my last few laps. Thought that I had just avoided the traffic.  Sad

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 09:54:00 PM +0100 »

Race 1 last lap changed down 2 gears instead of 1 and car spun.
Race 2 first lap following car ahead to close braked hard and spun the car.
Race 3 on grid waiting for start got a DQ and car put back to garage.

otherwise enjoyed the cars and the racing

Grats to Winners and Podiums

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 10:44:52 PM +0100 »

First two races went OK  Tapped Tony in R1, but finished.  R2 no problems at all.  R3 Left to change cars but couldn't get in, no internet.  We are having a stormy day here , lots of lightning and rain.  After a while it came back on and I ran a lap in Qual, but took to the back as I didn't trust the connection.  Then was following Matt and I believe Tony and they mixed it up on the final corner and Matt got sideways and I Zigged instead of Zagged and made contact  Sorry about that Matt.  Then about 3 laps later I lost the internet again and that finished my day.  Grats to all the podiums and finishers.  Good fun anyway..........

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 10:50:23 PM +0100 »

You were lagging quite badly in that last race Bob. You actually appeared inside my car at one point!

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 10:51:21 PM +0100 »

A technical problem with our new server means that there will be a delay in publishing the replay's and result's for tonight's races.

S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 10:54:17 PM +0100 »

You actually appeared inside my car at one point!
A copilot might be nice at times, but it adds weight for sure...  Grin
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 12:26:30 AM +0100 »

Quite liked the track, but find it hard trying to remember how to drive 3 different cars back to back.

In race 1, I outdragged Patrick down to T1, grabbing the lead.  He kept me close company over the early laps, but suddenly vanished, apparently spinning off.  Rest of the race a quiet one.  Grats to Patrick & Roger for completing the podium.

Race 2 I was surprised to be on pole in the Mazda, as it was the slowest car for me. Decent start, keeping the lead, but soon had Clive crawling all over me. Succeeded in making the Mazda sufficiently wide to keep him behind for a few laps, but then kept the door too open at T1, letting him slip past on the inside. In the following corners, I made the classic mistake of getting too close, having to back off too much, putting a wheel outside the track, with instant spin and game over with regards to battling Clive.  Rejoined 5th, behind a dreadfully warping Bob.  His car would freeze, falling behind me, only to appear ahead again.  Tried my best to stay on a different line. Not quite sure how I got past, as I couldn't tell exactly where his car was. Don't think there was any contact, at least not significant one.  Apologies if you experienced it differently Bob, but I simply wasn't sure where your car was.  Slowly reeled in Patrick over a number of laps, getting past when he lost a bit of momentum out of a corner.  7 secs to the next car up ahead and not able to close the gap, so 3rd it was.  Grats to Clive & Fulvio.

Race 3 again surprised to be on pole, as my one hotlap in the Isuzu wasn't stellar.  The start however, has to go down as the weirdest I have yet experienced in GTL!  First Clive doesn't set a time in qual, meaning he starts as one of the last.  Then as the start countdown began, I distinctly saw him get a DQ status, thinking "oh no, not again", as I believe it happened to him recently in another race. My surprise was then complete, when I was overtaken by him going into T1!!  How he could gain so much ground in such a short distance, with these closely matched cars I have no idea.  Looks decidedly strange in the replay - he starts moving much sooner than everyone else, and in 'jerky' fashion, leaving a set of broken tyre marks.  Dunno if he's taken one of Dan's 'How to jump everyone at the start' courses, but weird it looks.  Can't wait to read his own report on it.  Entire race was a fruitless chase of that red car up ahead, being unable to close the distance.  Grats to Clive for the win & Fulvio for filling the podium.
S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 09:31:07 AM +0100 »

A very pleasant, but exhausting  sweatdrop , evening !  Smiley
Fully agree with Erling
find it hard trying to remember how to drive 3 different cars back to back
Race 1: The best race for me in a long time! Pole position (easier when the "top guns" are not around  Wink ), podium and race long   with Fulvio & Roger!
I was clearly no match for Erling but was a decent second until... I spun badly. Luckily I could recover quickly and had then to fight with Fulvio then Roger to recover that second position that the car was (at least) worth.
It seems I now have a setup for the Isuzu that I can manage and that is fast at the same time. All credit for this goes to Geoffers, as I just slightly adapted the setup that he shared after the Taupo race (and made me instantly at least 1 second faster  thumbup1 )

Race 2: Qualification ended up in a more "normal" position. Race was also pleasant and I was a lucky third for a while (hoping for a second podium finish in a row   drool ), but Erling was slowly (but surely) getting closer and brought me back to earth when I was wide in Tx (x=last-1). Ended up 4th, which equals to my usual 5th spot when Geoff is around. Wink Again Geoff's setup helped a lot.

Race 3: Just as last time I expected to win the "Mazda cup" (as I was the only Mazda driver  clown ). Alas I had not properly checked the fuel needed for a full race, so I was not able to get this "win" or even see the chequered flag.
I had a nice battle with Fulvio though, taking advantage of the Mazda top speed but completely messed up T1 just when I had finally passed him in the straight line with a bit of margin. Again Geoff based setup here, but I need to work more on it...

@Fulvio: as briefly mentioned in chat, your brakes seem frequently (if not most of the time) to be slightly on, you probably would need to increase the dead zone on your brake pedal. Not sure if it makes much  difference, but a 1000th of a sec is a 1000th of a sec  Grin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:51:13 AM +0100 by S.Cargo » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 10:30:08 AM +0100 »

There was something odd about the interaction between the server and my PC last night .

For the 1st race qualification I appeared to be on a fully functioning server, posting lap times, changing setups and posting messages in chat. But it dawned upon me that something was not quite right, when the time for the race start passed and I was still doing laps. Huh It would seem that I was in a parallel universe whilst on the same server as the rest of you, who had started the race???

So I had to sit out Race 1  Undecided

Race 2 with the Toyota was fun, as I find this car by far the easiest to drive. It was soon obvious that T1 would be the best place to attempt a pass on Erling's Mazda as he was clearly struggling to hold a tight line through that corner. The Toyota was just a dream through there as I could tuck it right onto the inner kerb and pour on the power. That got me past Erling who then took a spin, I hope that I did not squeeze you wide Erling  Wink
The rest of the race was an exercise in concentration, because Fulvio was close enough to take advantage of any minor error on my part. Fortunately my brain stayed in gear and I took the win.

Race 3
Not sure what to say here...... Huh Undecided
  I did think that I had over anticipated the start and fully expected the dreaded DQ message. But more astonishing was the speed that my car displayed in slicing through the grid.
From my point of view it felt like everyone else was stuck in first gear??  I actually had time to consider whether I should try to pass Erling into T1, but my speed was so great that it happened almost before I thought about it. That pace advantage was clear through the first lap as I easily pulled a huge gap on a grid of equally powered cars and some very accomplished drivers. Something was clearly not right as I should not have enjoyed such an obvious advantage.
Over the 2nd and 3rd laps things settled down and the pace difference disappeared, but by then I had a comfortable cushion that allowed me to control the race.

If the authorities deem that my win is flawed then I have no problem in things being adjusted. I don't know enough about how the servers and GTL actually work, or the possible gremlins that might be active so I cannot offer any insight into what happened.
BTW I notice that Rog got a DQ in race 3. His car was directly in front of me on the grid and vanished just before the 3-2-1 countdown so not sure if that is relevant?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:34:34 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 10:38:01 AM +0100 »

Results now posted. Replays now posted.

EDIT: Replay's can be downloaded from these links

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9grdy4fw7k7ymlb/20190619_Teretonga_Race_1.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5t76ap6zjgagx00/20190619_Teretonga_Race_2.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/me9a9g6ydpuagvv/20190619_Teretonga_Race_3.zip/file
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:50:00 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 10:54:21 AM +0100 »

Race 3
Not sure what to say here...... Huh Undecided
  I did think that I had over anticipated the start and fully expected the dreaded DQ message. But more astonishing was the speed that my car displayed in slicing through the grid.
From my point of view it felt like everyone else was stuck in first gear??  I actually had time to consider whether I should try to pass Erling into T1, but my speed was so great that it happened almost before I thought about it. That pace advantage was clear through the first lap as I easily pulled a huge gap on a grid of equally powered cars and some very accomplished drivers. Something was clearly not right as I should not have enjoyed such an obvious advantage.
Over the 2nd and 3rd laps things settled down and the pace difference disappeared, but by then I had a comfortable cushion that allowed me to control the race.

If the authorities deem that my win is flawed then I have no problem in things being adjusted. I don't know enough about how the servers and GTL actually work, or the possible gremlins that might be active so I cannot offer any insight into what happened.
BTW I notice that Rog got a DQ in race 3. His car was directly in front of me on the grid and vanished just before the 3-2-1 countdown so not sure if that is relevant?
In the early days of GTL there was something called a "speedbug". I have never witnessed it but it does sound like what you experienced last night.
Our rules mention it thus:A driver experiencing the 'speedbug' (where the car exhibits a massive increase in grip and power) should immediately leave the server and rejoin. If it is not possible to rejoin, for example, at the race start, the driver must retire.
As it is such a rare occurence I do not propose to DQ you.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 12:13:43 PM +0100 »

In the early days of GTL there was something called a "speedbug". I have never witnessed it but it does sound like what you experienced last night.
Our rules mention it thus:A driver experiencing the 'speedbug' (where the car exhibits a massive increase in grip and power) should immediately leave the server and rejoin. If it is not possible to rejoin, for example, at the race start, the driver must retire.
As it is such a rare occurence I do not propose to DQ you.

So THAT's the secret behind the aliens - they're permanently affected by the speedbug..  Grin
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 01:45:52 PM +0100 »

ummmm, move along, nothing to see here……..Arnold is just casually browsing the interweb for something called "how to activate speedbug"  Roll Eyes

Not that I would ever consider using something so underhand and sneaky  angel shifty

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com