by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 10:15:39 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19NZMC Ruapuna: December 11, 2019
December 11, 2019, 08:32:27 PM +0000 - Ruapuna (GP) - UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#30) TC-65 D2 1 1:40.637
73.505mph
1 20:26.315
72.386mph
12 1:41.228
73.076mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Corolla (#36) TC-65 D2 2 +1.772
72.233mph
2 +11.875
71.691mph
12 1:41.432
72.929mph
Dunlop  
[DTR]_Franky_Leone

Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#6) TC-65 D2 8 +10.456
66.587mph
3 +14.414
71.545mph
12 1:40.846
73.352mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#30) TC-65 D2 3 +3.389
71.110mph
4 +26.197
70.872mph
12 1:42.568
72.121mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Mazda RX-3 Gr2 (#472) TC-65 D2 5 +32.375
70.524mph
12 1:42.709
72.022mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Isuzu Bellett GT (#12) TC-65 D2 5 +3.805
70.827mph
6 +35.816
70.332mph
12 1:43.015
71.808mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Isuzu Bellett GT (#24) TC-65 D2 7 +5.156
69.922mph
7 +50.743
69.509mph
12 1:44.670
70.673mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Isuzu Bellett GT (#50) TC-65 D2 4 +3.730
70.878mph
8 +3L 9 1:43.210
71.672mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Isuzu Bellett GT (#78) TC-65 D2 6 +4.520
70.345mph
9 +4L 8 1:44.333
70.901mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
1:40.637
73.505mph
Geoffers
Qualifying
Mazda RX-3 Gr2December 11, 2019, 08:32:27 PM +0000
L19NZMC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 New Zealand Motorsport Cup - Ruapuna - Dec 11  (Read 1167 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:55:18 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

RACE ONE

Practice: ~19:25 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:25 (5 mins, One attempt at a timed lap only)
Race: 20:30 (12 laps)

Track: Ruapuna Download this

Cars allowed: Isuzu Bellett 1600GT Download this
                       Mazda RX-3 Gr.2 Download this (Exclude car #41CY)
                       Toyota Corolla KE30 Download this

To fix the Mazda, so that it shows up in-game, download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/so9a37x756n5j2y/Mazda_TC-65_cars.zip/file
                       and overwrite the existing car files.

To fix the Toyota, so that it shows up in-game, download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/24k2r01heel0xgl/Toyota_TC-65_cars.zip/file
                       and overwrite the existing car files.

Car restrictions: One drive maximum per make/per night. You decide which race you enter which make in.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:00:48 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

[DTR]_Franky_Leone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 10:01:31 AM +0000 »

Hi . Isuzu Bellet doesn't get me on the server, Shocked
a greeting
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 11:15:20 AM +0000 »

Hi . Isuzu Bellet doesn't get me on the server, Shocked
a greeting
There was a problem with the server, please try again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:48:55 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 07:36:35 PM +0000 »

I could join with Lapdog with no one else on the server but as soon as Kurt joined ,it threw me off
and I couldn't rejoin with any car. I may try later with a few more people, but although I can see
and join with all cars, something is up with my install. Again....

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 09:56:34 PM +0000 »

What a  censored awful circuit!

did not have one good race all night. Just ended up over driving and having stupid spins and offs.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 10:26:33 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 10:29:32 PM +0000 »

Congratulations to Erling who has won the New Zealand Motorsport Cup  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

Worthy mention to.........

2nd - Geoffers  clap clap

3rd - EvilClive  thumbup2

Thanks to everyone who took part and made this an enjoyable series.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 05:48:31 AM +0000 »

What a  censored awful circuit!

did not have one good race all night. Just ended up over driving and having stupid spins and offs.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I second that  Angry

Anyway - thanks for organizing this series containing nice cars and mostly unknown tracks  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 03:46:28 PM +0000 »

Congrats to Erling for being the series champ and Geoffers for being right on his bumper, 4 points back.  I enjoyed this series muchly from the back or middle of the pack.  Tony did a great job of finding some off the wall tracks and 3 cars that were pretty even overall.  Close racing for me in at least 2 of the three races every week if memory serves with a great bunch of guys.
Been having some screwy connection problems the last few weeks, only happens between the races of the R1-R2 switch, R2 to R3 no problem.  Also happened last week at Laguna R1 & R2.  The lights on my modem go wacky, like I'm not getting any information.  I called my cable  provider after the races yesterday and of course they said they have had no problem in my area reported.  Must be someplace between the server and coming across the pond to me.  Weird huh?  See you all at Donington, will take a Mustang, havent had one out of the garage in years.......

Bob M.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 07:59:56 PM +0000 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:57 PM +0000 »

Needed to win all 3 races to stand any chance of overhauling Erling for the championship.

First race in the Mazda (my least favourite around here) went well & due to Franky messing up his qually lap & starting at the back, I was able to get away from the pack & win the race, although Franky was able to lap faster.

Second race, it all went wrong. Got the lead at the start but then went off at T1 on lap 3 & dropped to 4th, managed to elbow my way past Tony & closed on the lead pair. Nearly caught them before spinning off & having to do it all again, got 2nd near the end when Franky had an off at T1 but was too late to catch Erling.

Final race, messed up qually by nearly losing it out of the final turn on the warm up lap, so was only just getting into 3rd gear as I crossed the line to start the qually lap, was well surprised it was still fast enough for pole. Race went without a hitch this time.

Congrats to Erling On his win & podium & to Franky & Clive on their podiums.  clap clap clap

And big CONGRATS to Erling on the championship win.  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 10:22:58 PM +0000 »

Thanks for all the results Kurt  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 12:20:41 AM +0000 »

Running away with the Championship was unexpected; prying them from Geoffers' tentacles is quite impossible these days, and in all honesty only happened because he missed a round more than me.

Echo Bob's thoughts about the series; has been interesting with a new, unknown track each round, but also hard having to practice with 3 cars every time.

Race 1 I was 2nd on the grid, but once again Dan's otherworldly starts brought him ahead. With two knocks from Clive, my main Championship competitor at this point, within the first few corners, I was worried about sitting behind Dan for too long, being unable to escape from Clive. Already on lap 2 however, he most kindly waved me through - that was very nice of you Dan, and really uncalled for. You're - almost - forgiven your extragalactic starts...   Grin   Geoffers impossibly fast once again, so no chance of catching him. Franky closing fast towards the end, but not enough to catch me before the race ended.

Really don't like the Mazda and found it especially atrocious on this track in my initial testing. If I as much as breathed on the brakes while in a curve, like for T1, it would immediately stop turning and plough straight on. When you went on the gas, it switched to oversteer.  Moving the brake balance towards the rear helped with the brake problem, but increased the risk of losing the rear once a bit of tyre wear crept in, so had to find a compromise.  Oversteer I couldn't solve with setup, so just had to drive around it.

Didn't expect to be able to do anything about Geoffers, but then he went off at T1, gifting me the lead.  Rest of the race was a nice battle with Franky. My main concern was not to give away too many points to either Geoffers or Clive, so considered letting him past, rather than risk an incident sending me down the field, in case an optimistic overtake attempt went wrong.  On the other hand, if I could bag a win...   Decided to see how things would play out, and it seemed the Mazda's better acceleration was just enough to keep me ahead.  Franky went off on the penultimate lap and was replaced by a closing Geoffers, but race ended before he could catch me, fortunately!

Race 3 and as Tony suggested, I hadn't read the memo about it being Toyota only  Wink  Being the only Izusu was going to be tough, and as I got nowhere near my pb in qual, I was far down the grid.  Better start than Roger, getting ahead of him, but then got held up by an incident at T1, allowing him to slip past again.  Rest of the race was a battle between the two of us.  I was never in a real position to try for a pass, so could only try to put pressure on him, hoping for a mistake, but one never materialized. Well done Roger for not buckling!
Finishing as low as 5th brought Geoffers uncomfortably close in the Championship Shocked, but fortunately still had a few points to spare.

Grats to Geoffers on the two wins, to Clive & Franky on their podiums, and to Geoffers & Clive on 2nd & 3rd in the Championship  clap clap
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 11:32:46 AM +0000 »

I can only echo the comments above regarding the success of this series. 3 equally matched cars ( often depending upon who was driving  Roll Eyes ) and some great short and new circuits. Many paint samples/door handles/mirrors were exchanged but all in the pursuit of good racing.

There might have been an outside chance of me disrupting Erling and Geoffers campaign for the title, but given my recent hospital visit I was running on 75% effectiveness. I had not even looked at the track until I logged on to the server at around 8:00p.m.. So there was series of aborted laps as I discovered where the next corner went and how to approach it...or not approach it.  I simply copied across the setups from the last race and hoped that they would work, or at least that was what I was going to use whatever!!
All 3 races were very similar with reasonable pace but occasional mistakes that compromised any chance of glory or even stealing the championship.

Grats to Geoffers on his usual infuriating pace and Erling on his equally needling reliability!!

FWIW It seems that there is a pre-ordained order to things in the championship tables this season and that 1st-2nd, and 3rd were organised pre season....just take a look at the pattern across all of the series   Roll Eyes lol.  Just saying Undecided

Thanks to Tony for his organisation and to all members who make the racing fun.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 12:45:06 PM +0000 »

...FWIW It seems that there is a pre-ordained order to things in the championship tables this season and that 1st-2nd, and 3rd were organised pre season....just take a look at the pattern across all of the series   Roll Eyes lol.  Just saying Undecided

You're right Clive - it's become as boringly predictable as Formula 1 these days  Undecided

And here's hoping you'll soon recover 100% !
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com