The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 05:10:46 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR Special - Monaco BMW: May 24, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Special - Monaco BMW - 24th May  (Read 11689 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 05:16:48 PM +0100 »

Hey, watch it fin-boy  Wink Tongue

i see you have started up a football team too...i like the new logo, you should put it on your cars laugh
http://www.footballcrests.com/psharksfc.htm

'The Pathetic sharks' hehe.  punk

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 05:20:14 PM +0100 »

Never driven it before! There is unfortunately one dodgy corner in the Marina section where you supposedly leave the track whilst still on it. I bet a fair few people get caught by it and get unfair stop/go's as a result. It's a shame but not a show stopper if you just adjust your line a bit.

I've done about 150 laps round there so far in various cars and never seen this Huh do you mean the chicane out of the tunnel or the swimming pool complex?  I cut lumps off the curbs in the swimming pool complex and have never got any penalty for it.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 06:15:32 PM +0100 »

i see you have started up a football team too...i like the new logo, you should put it on your cars laugh
http://www.footballcrests.com/psharksfc.htm

'The Pathetic sharks' hehe.  punk

Kiss

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 07:18:00 PM +0100 »

It's the corner just by the top left corner of the N on this map-

http://www.f1-monaco-grand-prix.com/Formula_1/track_diagram.htm

The first of the two there, not the second which is very (nicely!) cuttable without penalty. If I approach that first corner wide and then swing in for the corner I never get the track cutting warning whereas if I try to straighten that section out and approach quite straight on and more to the left, just clipping the inside left kerb of that first corner I trigger the penalty every time. It isn't physically possible to leave the track there because there's a dirty great steel barrier all the way along. It can't be just me can it?!!!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 07:41:31 PM +0100 »

Funny, I haven't had any warnings there yet! Could be that I'm just too slow Grin
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 08:10:53 PM +0100 »

Ok thanks Paul, I'll check that later on this evening.  I have clobbered that curb on the left but always from out wide and never got a warning for it Undecided

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 11:41:46 AM +0100 »

Funnily enough I was unable to trigger the cut penalty during a few laps last night, yet I did have it 4 or 5 times yesterday. Very strange.

And you buggers Zacari and Paul.... I put in what I thought was a great 1:50.5 and uploaded it only to find you are BOTH in the 1:47's now!  Tongue

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 12:53:26 PM +0100 »

OK all- just to be clear, there IS a dodgy 'cut track' area on the Monaco circuit. It's at the corner I described but actually a little way forward from the turn on the left hand side of the track. Keep your left front wheel on or to the right of the darker racing line mark at this corner and you're safe.

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 01:34:51 PM +0100 »

I still can't trigger it Huh Roll Eyes Cheesy I'll try again after lunch but even running totally over the curb on the left I can't manage it.

When you get the warning, have you already set a fast time?  Cut track thingies only happen if you cut through an illegal section faster than you've gone beforehand.

Oh, and I've got the world record now Tongue at least until Ruskus/CJ/some other alien does a quali run this evening!

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 01:41:42 PM +0100 »

The server is running this as a practice session just now, might be worth trying the server to check you are running same version and that it exhibits the problem or not.

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 02:22:11 PM +0100 »

OK, I've found the dodgy bit of track!  So it's not a myth Cheesy but it is way off the normal racing line so hopefully no-one will cut over it and get a warning in the race.  I could only trigger it once and I had to be a long way to the left before the corner for it to happen, and anyone on that part of the circuit will be beside the barriers on the right before the turn-in there.

Why it's 'cutting' the track on entry and not the exit of that left-right 'S' I have no idea!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 02:53:55 PM +0100 »

Pff, I just did about 20 laps or so, and ended up sweaty Cheesy. Did a 1:46.5 but there is room for lot's of improvement.
To be fast at this track it's just a matter of cutting as much as possible, without getting a penalty, and that's a shame. The chicane after the tunnel is such an example, where you can cut like mad.
The most important thing about this track is trying to survive. I think the race could be a mess. Grin
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 03:14:57 PM +0100 »

I wondered how much you could cut there. So far I've stayed on the curbs at least for all my laps. Can you go far inside them? Did your 46.5 lap cut much?
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 03:36:49 PM +0100 »

I've never managed to cut that chicane with any real benifit, maybe a few tenths by going partly over the kerbing.  Can't cut the exit much or you'll get a cut track warning.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 04:08:48 PM +0100 »

Ok, not to be a party pooper, but blatent cutting is going to be frowned upon. Normally we let the game cutting code be the judge but as this is a special and by the sounds of it slightly dodgy addon track if there are clear unadulterated shortcuts at Monaco please be a gentleman and not use them. 

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com