The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 11:39:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR Special - Monaco BMW: May 24, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Special - Monaco BMW - 24th May  (Read 12451 times)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 04:34:58 PM +0100 »

It's a bit like the cut on the final chicane at Nurburgring Simon. I need to experiment to see how much you can take, but the nature of the chicane means that people are bound to overshoot there so it may be hard to enforce. If the cut check is on the exit as Zacari says then it wont be too bad as you line will be bad if you cut the first bit. I'm not sure there are other obvious places to cut blatantly.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 05:16:15 PM +0100 »

The major one is in the swimming pool complex, where you can run totally over the exit with no fear of a cut track warning.  If we're having to obide by that kerb we need to make it very clear as it gains a good second a lap!

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 05:44:02 PM +0100 »

Yup, the chicane following the tunnel possibly even penalises you for cutting it early because that then leaves your car pointing straight at the arnco. As Zacari says cutting the chicane at the swimming pool makes a massive difference though. Ah well, point taken Shark, time for a bit of fairplay driving  Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 05:46:29 PM +0100 »

OK - there are two places. The first at the chicane after the tunnel can be cut quite a bit but it is risky as there's no reference to guide you. It is certainly worth a good fraction of a second tho. The 2nd one is the curb which sits in the middle of the track as the 2nd part of a left right flick. You can effectively ignore it. This is also worth a good part of a second.

I did a test, and within half a dozen laps I had a 1.44.5. This would probably drop to a 43 with a bit more time.

I'm not sure there is much point trying to legislate against it as there is no easy way to enforce it. Like all the other tracks we do (esp in GTL) finding out how much you can cut is part of the game (or has been up to now anyway). I'd rather it wasn't that way, but since it is I reckon it's easiest just to accept it.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 05:50:13 PM +0100 »

Btw Zacari, is your 1.45.0 on GTRank with or without either of the two cuts?
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 06:01:38 PM +0100 »

Btw Zacari, is your 1.45.0 on GTRank with or without either of the two cuts?

I've not cut the chicane out of the tunnel but I've always ignored the one in the swimming pool complex Wink Cheesy

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 06:03:08 PM +0100 »

Ah - that would put us quite close then  Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 07:32:17 PM +0100 »

Had a 1FPS bug, and some PC freezes practicing a few minutes online. Hope it goes better during the race.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 07:35:35 PM +0100 »

Had a 1FPS bug, and some PC freezes practicing a few minutes online. Hope it goes better during the race.

I've just had a shutdown too, game went off , blue screen (for a fraction of a second) then shutdown and restart.
wierd as its not done that for a while Shocked Huh

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 07:37:24 PM +0100 »

I was on the server for over 15 mins earlier with no issues.  might be a lobby issue Huh

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 09:33:05 PM +0100 »

Well the first to go was me Roll Eyes

I somehow loaded the wrong setup and I coudn't stop it or turn it very easily - which kinda comes in handy at Monaco.
Great battle forming between the top two  - hope you all have fun

Mo.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 09:52:44 PM +0100 »

I think I just gritted my teeth for 30 minutes solid!
 Really enjoyed that and was pleased to finish a place up on Qualifying on such a nightmare track. Thanks to simracing for putting on a nice refreshing race with a different car and track choice to normal- tempted me back to GTR after a very long break!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
whitham69

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:46 PM +0100 »

congrats to the winner. Myself i'm glad to just finish Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006, 09:56:29 PM +0100 »

The race for me was against the track, not the others. I lost Zacari and Paul968 in the horizon in front of me quickly.

I was aiming for a 30 minute race, or 13 laps, but it was over after 11 laps Huh.

I agree PaulW, it was fun to be on a completely different track, with a car I've never driver before.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:25 PM +0100 »

That was fun, so few turning up though removed much of the magic of the event.

Quali'd in pole and struggled throughout not to cut the chicane after the tunnel, cost me alot of time in the race and didnt do the tyers any good!  Ended up shifting down twice rather than once coming out of Massanet and went into the barriers, rear tyers were far too hot after that and took the rest of the race to cool down.  Good battle at the front with Paul though, shame there weren't another 15 or so turn up Undecided Roll Eyes

It was 13 laps on my screen Ruskus Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com