Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 02:10:17 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter the 1955 GP championship?
Expect to enter at least 75% of races - 8 (50%)
Expect to enter less than 75% of races - 8 (50%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 34 1955 GP - Registration  (Read 2818 times)
Alessandro Isacchini

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 08:15:10 PM +0000 »

Can you tell me what is your channel chat in Igor please? and how to add it
I reinstall GPL recently 'cause change O.S. and I don't remember correct configuration
thanks

Isacchini Alessandro
Driver of VDA (Virtual Drivers Alliance)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 09:15:33 PM +0000 »

Can you tell me what is your channel chat in Igor please? and how to add it
I reinstall GPL recently 'cause change O.S. and I don't remember correct configuration
thanks

The chat room is called UKGPL and at the moment I don't think that it has a password.  It used to but last season it didn't.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 05:59:19 PM +0000 »

The Pro and Amateur competitions are completely separate but just happen to be on the track at the same time.
If are separated then is ok.
The extra tokens for the Ams is not meant to allow all the Ams to compete with all the Pros. As Clive has pointed out, Tim has proven that no amount of extra tokens would allow the slower Ams like me to compete with the fastest Pros. However a few extra tokens could help some of the faster Ams keep up with the regular Pros. They also boost the morale of some of the slower Ams who's main objective is not to get lapped too early!

The extra tokens are just a bit of fun because the Ams and Pros are separate classes within the same race. You may have noticed that all the championship tables are setup like that this season. Last season we only had the 67F1 and 65F1 set up as separate and combined championships.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 11:21:08 AM +0000 »

Since being forced to learn Dundrod is going to seriously detract from my enjoyment of this season, I thought that I would try to get it over and done with as soon as possible.  ;-)

I will also run my server on Dundrod when I can so that anyone else in the same boat can join me.  I think that running a practice session rather than training is helpful because the little men in red jumpers turn out to help me know where I am!

Poxy place!  Might as well have done Nurburgring, at least I know where that goes!

uli

If you want finish first you have to finish first.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 09:38:20 PM +0000 »

I‘m in and would be glad if I find some time to race about 5 races with you this season.
looking forward
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 11:37:38 AM +0000 »

The extra tokens are just a bit of fun because the Ams and Pros are separate classes within the same race. You may have noticed that all the championship tables are setup like that this season. Last season we only had the 67F1 and 65F1 set up as separate and combined championships.

How does that work for the Team Championship when there is one Pro and one Am in a team?

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 01:42:31 PM +0000 »

How does that work for the Team Championship when there is one Pro and one Am in a team?

It doesn't at the moment but I'm pretty sure I can set up a combined Team Championship. I'll have a go at setting that up tonight.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 03:28:15 PM +0000 »

Cheers Phil.   thumbup1

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 05:17:30 PM +0000 »

the little men in red jumpers turn out to help me know where I am!

For me it's the men in white coats... Hate the place. Not ideal for online racing IMO. So many places you can go off and no way back without back tracking to find a gap in the shrubbery and getting a DQ due to "Reversing on Track". Sad

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 06:09:59 PM +0000 »

It doesn't at the moment but I'm pretty sure I can set up a combined Team Championship. I'll have a go at setting that up tonight.
Done.  All classes now have a "Combined Team" championship.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 07:14:11 PM +0000 »

the little men in red jumpers turn out to help me know where I am!
For me it's the men in white coats... Hate the place. Not ideal for online racing IMO. So many places you can go off and no way back without back tracking to find a gap in the shrubbery and getting a DQ due to "Reversing on Track". Sad
OK so if 2 drivers really don't like Dundrod, how many others are of the same opinion?  It would be a shame to not use a track that is contemporary with 1955 but I appreciate it is a difficult track to master. I might consider swapping it for Oulton Park if there is a majority in favour. I think the Oulton Park 1967 layout was first used in 1955 for the International Gold Cup (a shorter version of the track was used in 1954).  We've used it several times for other  on-line races with no problems and we should all be familiar with the track. Please let me know if you want to swap to Oulton Park or stick with Dundrod.
Alessandro Isacchini

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 08:42:18 PM +0000 »

I never saw Dundrod 'till today, so a'he just try a lap after I've read your posts
Sure track is not easy 'cause high speed so it's mandatory to learn it for reduce risk of kilometric off track or die against a tree, but sure is not difficult like Nurburg, the difference is that this last one is known
Can to be a opportunity for learn this track also with a little effort, and of course to make a rce where we all don't run too quickly but with the right caution, I guess the key points is not more than 3 or 4, and historically is beautiful
So I vote yes (and if we run here I will be the first one to crash into a plane tree  laugh laugh

Wait other opinion but if other drivers vote for Oulton it's ok for me of course, the champ is fantastic alike  thumbup1

(yes I know my english is so perfect   Grin   sorry..)

Isacchini Alessandro
Driver of VDA (Virtual Drivers Alliance)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 09:28:34 PM +0000 »

Done.  All classes now have a "Combined Team" championship.

Well done Phil.

Regarding Dundrod, please don't change it on my account.  I've already spent several hours trying to learn it and on a good day I can do two full laps with the wheels still on in any given 30minutes of practice.  Not consecutive ones though!  PB now 4:26.2

Speaking as a hard up Pro with not a dollar to my name, and hence sat in a Gordini, it is going to be very hard to stay calm as all my efforts in qually are washed away before T1.  I then look forward to a miserable race stuck behind someone even more eratic than I am but in a faster car that makes passing a joke until a mistake is made.  Trouble is that the mistake will probably be mine!

However, I have sorted my car schedule for the series, as listed, and don't want to have to do that again. 

I appreciate the historical aspect but in reallity I believe that good racing comes from simple circuits.  Wide ones!    Grin

Many thanks for all your efforts!

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 12:28:56 AM +0000 »

I wasn't suggesting we drop it from the schedule, just making my excuses prior to the event. Wink Like Clive I'll be taking the slug here and I'm turning in similar times at the moment. I actually managed 4 laps tonight without hitting anything. Then ambition out weighed talent and I ran out of brakes at the Hairpin. Sad

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 10:36:10 AM +0000 »

I wasn't suggesting we drop it from the schedule, just making my excuses prior to the event. Wink Like Clive I'll be taking the slug here and I'm turning in similar times at the moment. I actually managed 4 laps tonight without hitting anything. Then ambition out weighed talent and I ran out of brakes at the Hairpin. Sad

TTFN
John.

LOL
Since using an expensive car to knock down a tree here is not a good investment, it may turn out to be a Gordini Spec Race.   Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com