The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:19:57 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Oulton Park: February 20, 2019
February 20, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000 - Oulton Park (International) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.158
---
1 40:43.901
---
25 1:36.643
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 1:35.643
---
2 +22.838
---
25 1:36.782
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +1.022
---
3 +31.655
---
25 1:37.598
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +1.039
---
4 +49.442
---
25 1:37.515
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.870
---
5 +1:05.876
---
25 1:37.851
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +2.386
---
6 +1:28.199
---
25 1:38.937
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +3.598
---
7 +2L
---
23 1:39.534
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +43.502
---
8 +18.205
---
23 1:40.124
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +5.812
---
9 +16L
---
9 1:40.077
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Sutol

---
Michelin  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

---
Michelin  
Ceolmor

---
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:35.643
---
nfsw55
Qualifying
Lotus Evora GTCFebruary 20, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000
A14LE
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:36.643
---
Max .
Race
Lotus Evora GTCFebruary 20, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000
A14LE
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup - Round 4 - Oulton Park - Feb 20  (Read 2925 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 07:22:05 PM +0000 »

I would say it depends on the braking needed for the next corner. Just because your technically ahead it doesnt mean you should move immediately back and then brake!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 07:33:02 PM +0000 »

Yeah I would say it will depend on the corner, how much lead you have and if you can move back over without forcing the other car off track or chopping someone that causes a crash.  Undecided

Ps apologise in advance, I did a new driver file with a few names cut out but forgot to send it to Pete today. It's on my work PC so I can't get it.  Embarrassed

MaxVeloce
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 09:47:17 PM +0000 »

I forgot to say in post race chat, whoever the gent was who moved over in the 2nd chicane to let me lap them (white/blue car?), thank you, very nicely done  thumbup2
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:24:49 PM +0000 by MaxVeloce » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 09:01:56 AM +0000 »

Another race of could have, should have for me. I've had top 4 pace in every round of this series but blown it in either qually or the race (or both!).
Qually was a relative disaster. I pumped in an early good time of 36.68 but then every run after that i either made a mistake or got held up by spinning cars or traffic. When FMG sneaked ahead by 2/10ths, i thought thats fine i'm up on that in every sector knowing i could do 35's on softs. But every lap i did in the last 5 mins got compromised, very frustrating but just the way it goes on a tight track like this.  taz

Started 5th? which dropped to 6th as Stefan got a great start so now i had to follow the train. But it was pretty exciting in the opening laps with 4 of us bottled up behind Alexey while the front 2 pulled ahead. Stefan made a mistake out of the final turn after a few laps as me and fmg swapped places in a feisty duel whilst chasing Alexey hard. Eventually Alexey cracked or pulled over after many laps of pressure leaving us two to continue the duel.
But after a few more laps, i got my braking a tiny bit wrong at the second (horrible) chicane which meant i was a little wide into the second switchback and the car span me around  Cry I couldnt believe it after all my hard work to get upto 4th....nor could Alexey believe his gift!...again!!  But worse it gave FMG an easy ride to 3rd with a 11 sec cushion  Hit with a wet fish
So i had to start all over again closing Alexey down, harassing him for lap after lap until i got past again.

Towards the end of the race FMG lost 6 seconds somewhere and i thought i might be able to close  the 5 sec gap on him but with my worn tyres i pushed too hard and got a second spin down at Cascades and that was that.  Sad
Finished 4th.  Smiley

Well done to Max and NFSW who had superb race pace up front, especially Max getting softs to last  Shocked  I Am Not Worthy dont know how you did that? my meds were low yellow at end of race! though two spins didnt help  Embarrassed

Big Thanks to the guys that raced  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 09:43:16 AM +0000 »

It was a nightmare. Trained and learned the track on the day of the race. I didn't get enough sleep before the race, as I usually do. I just could not sleep.  Not yet recovered from a cold from the Siberian frosts. Miraculously qualified 3rd.
In the race, as sometimes happens, the grip was absent, it was slippery, Tryed to be very careful, on the first lap , in left side speed turn  experienced nerves and reactions of the FMG  Tongue  It seemed to me that i loosing a car here and was switshed my gear to 4th.  Shocked Grin FMG, who followed me, reacted keenly and hastily retreated away from sin (joke). Then there was a multi-round dense race with FMG and Mark, sweat poured over my eyes, dripped onto my glasses, the car barely kept on a slippery angular track, again there were a couple of mistakes with gears when the guys was pessed me. It was difficult to concentrate, driving in a daze, the disease made itself felt. As a result, the loss 2 positions and FMG and Mark. I have not remember such a difficult  race for a long time. But I drove and finished, its good. The setup of the machine, as I understood it, required even more softness, to which I did not get trained, and I hardly liked this softness.
Congratulations to the podium, Max showed excellent stability and speed on softs!. I'm amazed at the NFSW qualification time!
I can not say that I liked the combo. Too many difficulties to enjoy the race here. But I have respect for the legendary English track and the Englishmans in our peleton, who showed a very good track knowledge and experience. At home and walls help's!  thumbup2
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:17:33 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 10:57:38 AM +0000 »

can imagine that race was very difficult with a cold or feeling unwell !  surrender i was totally drenched in sweat by the end of it as there is just nowhere on the lap to take a breather/relax, its relentless!  sweatdrop

shame turnouts are getting lower for this series as the racing is still fantastic in it. Its a good gt4 car that can be raced closely on a great selection of tracks  Undecided  There are some really good rounds to come too  Cool

MaxVeloce
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 02:53:55 PM +0000 »

Well that was a race!

I turned up to the server feeling fairly confident I had a good setup and was on the pace, only to see nfsw had done an incredible 35.3 in practice  Shocked  BONKERS!

Come qually I did a few laps and after 2 consecutive 35.8s didn't feel I had any more in it, so sat out the last minutes and watched the times...

Onto the race, I didn't get the best start and Alexey managed to get up the inside and had a slight lead down the hill to Cascades, but I was close enough to get back inside and came out of the turn ahead. The first lap on cold tyres is always tricky, but I was keeping the gap to the leader and after 2-3 laps I could see I was on the pace, running just a few tenths behind. After that I followed nfsw for many many laps, nose to tail all the way with the gap never more than a second but often only a few tenths.  I felt I had a pace advantage but there was never a place where I could make a clear pass, 2-3 times nfsw was a touch slow off a turn and I had a bit of look and even got partly alongside but there wasn't a clean opportunity so I just waited... and waited... 

Eventually on lap 21 nfsw got a little loose coming out of Knickerbrook and I had an opportunity. I got alongside up the hill to Druids and was slightly ahead with the inside line for the turn at the braking zone, and the move stuck, success!

After that it was just bringing it home the last few laps, but you know how its so easy to make a mistake in that position and the nerves were jangling a bit until the flag  Grin

...especially Max getting softs to last  Shocked  I Am Not Worthy dont know how you did that? my meds were low yellow at end of race!

Well like you said for the last race, keeping it smooth and not over driving is the key.  My fronts were low yellow and the rears well into the red at the end, grip was fading away but keeping it clean did the trick  Smiley
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 04:18:13 PM +0000 »

Like Max alreday said, that was an intense race Shocked

Wasn't able to match my pb in qualifying, but my time was still good enough for P1.
Before the start I noticed that Max is opting for soft tires, so my main goal was to survive the first laps and reach the point where his tires would cease. But after 10, 20 and even 30 minutes he was right behind me, so my hope slowly disappeared  Grin So we basically drove nose to tail for about 35 minutes without any breathing room.  In lap 21 I slightly put two wheels on the grass at the exit of the second chicane, losing the momentum up the hill which allowed Max to drive next to me. As the next corner is a right hander, he went through.
After he passed me I tried everything to stay close to him, unfortunately trying too much and losing the car in turn 3. But this time the gap to the guys behind was big enough so i kept my position.

Very well done Max, I hope the next tracks are a bit more harsh on the tires Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com