The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 11:02:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A12 Pukekohe: January 27, 2019
January 27, 2019, 08:55:17 PM +0000 - Pukekohe - UKAC Season 12 V8 Supercars
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 4 +2.097
---
1 40:08.283
---
35 1:06.265
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC 5 +2.103
---
2 +0.493
---
35 1:05.681
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Holden Commodore VF V8SC 2 +1.283
---
3 +17.752
---
35 1:05.725
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Holden Commodore VF V8SC 3 +1.299
---
4 +28.870
---
35 1:05.979
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC 7 +3.534
---
5 +31.675
---
35 1:06.561
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC 6 +2.114
---
6 +1L
---
34 1:06.209
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC 1 1:04.180
---
7 +5L
---
30 1:04.493
---
Dunlop  
Itamar Yativ
 CORE Racing
Holden Commodore VF V8SC DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Felix Simoes
 Black Widow Racing
Ford Falcon FG X V8SC ---
---
Dunlop  
Alfrance

Nissan Altima L33 V8SC ---
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Altima L33 V8SC ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
V8SC
1:04.180
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Nissan Altima L33January 27, 2019, 08:55:17 PM +0000
A12
Assetto Corsa
V8SC
1:04.493
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Nissan Altima L33January 27, 2019, 08:55:17 PM +0000
A12
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC V8 Supercars - Pukekohe - Jan 27  (Read 2039 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 07:22:51 AM +0000 »

There is a link to the version we are using in the first post in this thread

Ok, I missed that earlier then.

As for setup advice I haven't tried the track yet, but when you say keep it out of the barriers. Which end of the car is throwing you in?
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2019, 08:19:26 AM +0000 »

Grin just slow down a bit for last corner  thumbup2
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 09:11:14 AM +0000 »

There is a link to the version we are using in the first post in this thread

Ok, I missed that earlier then.

As for setup advice I haven't tried the track yet, but when you say keep it out of the barriers. Which end of the car is throwing you in?

Just general setup advice really. I rarely get time to do much practice, let alone setup work. If I go anywhere near the kerbs on the slow corners it really upsets the car and I cant get on the gas early.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2019, 09:25:17 AM +0000 »

how do I send a setup. Will give you mine but Im not the best with tech things.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2019, 10:23:50 AM +0000 »

If you have ptracker running you can save your setups to the server, but only people who run that car will see it.

Its just a text file so you could just copy and past the contents into a post here.

Why we dont allow attachments on the forum i dont know.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2019, 11:32:07 AM +0000 »

I shared one of my setups before christmas - If you have it then that is still going to be very close to what I would use.
For the kerbs you just have to learn how to ride them most effectively - up to a point it will be quicker over them, beyond that you loose time waiting until you can gun it again.

From watching the real races I remember the final turn being VERY fast, if the car is loose then an easy fix is to add wing - do the opposite of course for understeer.
Otherwise you're just playing with spring, damper and roll bar rates to try and make it behave more the way you want it to.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2019, 09:34:36 PM +0000 »

Well, that was a waste of time.
Fairly light contact with the wall on the main straight and it blew my engine! (stupid VR apps hidden in corners of the screen, I only wanted to check my fuel..)

Tried to return to the pits and rejoin only to be greeted with a 1 hour control lockout  Angry

Other than that it was a truly great track and race in these cars.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2019, 09:32:21 AM +0000 »

Bad luck for FMG then. You where in another dimension again mate.

My qually run on the supersofts didn't go to well as the left front kept overheating. So P5 on the grid.  At the start managed to out drag Stephen into T1 and set about chasing Mark, Matt (i think) and FMG.
It was hard to catch Mark and i think he was running the supersofts. After a couple of laps he hugged the infamous wall after the final turn and we got past.

SRW still on my heels now and i thought i was ok pace wise. Then i ran into Bob who was fresh out of the pits. I had to brake fairly deep into the hairpin to get past. That had me running a bit wide and i spun under power.
As i recovered it felt like i had a flat, so decided to take an early pitstop and change tires. Did not pay enough attention as i left the pits with supersoft tires which ofcourse where overheating after two laps.  Roll Eyes

So after putting in two blistering laps i had to think about tire management and alter my driving style a bit to compensate. Slowly but surely i reeled in Stephen and was hot on his tail in the final lap. He did a fine job in keeping me behind until the checkered flag.
Congrats on the win!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2019, 01:15:26 PM +0000 »

enjoyed that one!

I managed to do an hour praccy before race night, then a good handful of laps practice on the night, which really helped me get a bit closer to the pace and more consistent. Managed to not make any big mistakes or time consuming grass cutting, was surprised when I came out of my pitstop to be in second place, then when FMG disconnected I was keeping a close eye in my mirrors to monitor the gap to Postal. It was a very tense last few laps as he was catching me as I knew any mistake and he would be through!

Next up is Bahrain for the penultimate race, then on to Oran Park (sadly now a housing estate in real life  Sad )for the final round
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 03:23:41 PM +0000 »

A race full of mistakes but not to worry. Unfortunately my last race for at least a month, will be out of circulation for a while, getting my pancreas reconditioned, have fun the remaining races, back soon. thumbup2
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 08:54:49 PM +0000 »

Decided to stick with the supersofts as though the pressures were a little high, the temps look good compared to the softs. Didnt really feel like any drop off on the supers either so was surprised to see everyone else on softs.

Yeah, tried to cut the final corner to compensate for the understeer i was getting and hit the wall. Managed to get back slowly to the pits, and was half in mind to quit but managed to turn on the damage repair. Came out hoping i could settle down a bit and put some laps in rather than having people in close proximity, and see how long those tyres would last having pitted pretty early.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2019, 10:51:31 PM +0000 »

A race full of mistakes but not to worry. Unfortunately my last race for at least a month, will be out of circulation for a while, getting my pancreas reconditioned, have fun the remaining races, back soon. thumbup2

Get well soon Bob, we all wish you a speedy recovery   Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com