The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 03:38:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Zeltweg: February 06, 2019
February 06, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 1:31.008
---
1 40:19.716
---
26 1:32.177
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +0.690
---
2 +13.533
---
26 1:32.308
---
Michelin  
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.314
---
3 +13.803
---
26 1:32.381
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.276
---
4 +25.973
---
26 1:32.133
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +0.524
---
5 +36.528
---
26 1:32.834
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +1.805
---
6 +38.269
---
26 1:33.095
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +1.670
---
7 +1:01.160
---
26 1:33.602
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 11 +3.034
---
8 +1:21.743
---
26 1:34.316
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +2.335
---
9 +1L
---
25 1:33.717
---
Michelin  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +0.856
---
10 +11L
---
15 1:32.660
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 10 +2.611
---
11 +22L
---
4 1:33.533
---
Michelin  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Sutol

---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

---
Michelin  
Ceolmor

---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup Round 3 - Zeltweg - Feb 6  (Read 2371 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2019, 11:49:31 PM +0000 »

Racing engineer said to me: "If you wants a good risky fight- use softs, but try to be stable!"  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-SZ9H6WwYA

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the video, wish I could drive fast cars like that.

But can I ask, If members do post on You Tube etc, can Simracing.org.uk get a little mention please  I Am Not Worthy

Thank you.

Glad to hear this, Tony!  Usually, when i public my vids ( not for own glory or PR, for memory only and for my friends), i mentioned UKAC sign, but from now on i will change it to Simracing.org.uk , It will be big  credit for me  Smiley

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2019, 12:17:52 AM +0000 »

I totally agree with fmg, and in this period I'm totally bored by modern cars on AC. I must say that RaceRoom feelings on modern cars is a lot better than AC, especially for what regards the FFB effects, once Riccardo did me some advice a week ago Shocked. But I don't want to start any polemics on which is better than the other, cause it's a matter of feelings and of taste, and especially of fun.

Evenmore tyre model for this car is one of the worse of AC IMO. I didn't even need a spin to decide that I won't have another single lap on this car anymore in my life. A couple of rear losses at mid corner in two subsequent lap at the same point made that 'magic' happen instantly. It feels like a jelly this thing. I don't have any other particular issue, but even training with this car was becoming a "mission". I must have fun when I decide to train for a race, and for this race I did maybe 20 laps before the start, because I don't like it all.

I will do the next race with the Alfa GTA anyway, cause I promised it to fmg and it's a matter of respect to all of you.

But I'll never drive again a Evora. Never again! Wink

See you

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2019, 10:19:37 AM +0000 »

i'm sure a lot of this 'feel' for certain cars must be a controller issue. I've got quite high end Fanatec stuff and i found RaceRoom terrible with no feedback from the tyres and floaty steering, no matter what i tried. All the cars felt the same to me which made me think it had made-up physics.  I havent touched it in months since, whereas i know Goldtop reported similar lack of feel from AC and yet i get really good feedback from the tyres and chassis in it for most cars.  Undecided

Would you all rather see out the series in Cayman GT4's then?  Wink

ps glad to hear you will continue with the Alfa's Matteo.  We need flamboyant Italians driving them!  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2019, 10:39:02 AM +0000 »

I have a Fanatec setup too but prefer the FFB in RRE over AC. I get little enough time to practice for races so spending time on configuring the controller for whatever game/car is something that's not happening.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2019, 11:58:26 AM +0000 »

I'm staring to wish I never mentioned it being the car, I didn't want to mess up your race series  Sad

The car itself is ok, as others have said its the particular tyre on it that has a very low tolerance for slip, leading to quite sudden spins if you overload it too far.  Maybe thats exacerbated by some peoples driving styles.  FMG said he prefers the historic cars and I totally get why, I also prefer the historic type cars in AC just because you can drive by feel and sliding them isn't an issue.  Some cars in AC just have a tyre which doesn't really allow that and you have to drive by numbers just like in iRacing (tin of worms fully opened LOL).  Sadly it wasn't always that way,  earlier tyre models allowed you to be more agressive but the final one we have now just wont allow that style of driving on some cars. GT3s are another good example, overdo it with a slide and the tyre just overheats like crazy and you spend half a lap taking it easy to bring the temp back down before you can get back to full speed.

AC remains my go to sim though, the car behaviour is in general the most realistic.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 12:17:27 PM +0000 »

I have a Fanatec setup too but prefer the FFB in RRE over AC. I get little enough time to practice for races so spending time on configuring the controller for whatever game/car is something that's not happening.

I guess that when you're driving sitting on a chair with no feelings at all under you, the only way to have better feelings with a sim is to set the ffb in a proper way. When I started to play AC in late 2016, I had very bad feelings by my G29, but after some googling I found this useful guide on Race Department that improved a lot my ffb https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/

Until 10 days ago I was playing RRE with very wrong settings on braking and steering sensibilty. After Riccardo Gengotti told me that 90% precision was an absurd setting I put the precision at 50% and it became a completely different game.

That is just to say that ffb settings matters if you want to have fun with a Sim, and once you've found the right settings, they will be good for every car. It may even change your mind about the sim in certain cases.

In this case is the car that is bugged in some way. This car tends always to flip. It feels very unstable at the apex, and the range of temps to heat up the tyres properly is too narrow. They tends to go from overheating to ice, and from ice to overheating in a matters of milliseconds. Seems like you have always some sort of soap under your tyres. No thanks.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:25 PM +0000 »

I know a small secret of Evora , which is allow me better ( more calm) and more useful car behaveur. Use less nagative camber in both axes compared to default ( too extreme) setup. As i remember i use -2.1 degree in front and -0.3 degree in rear tyres in left side setup screen. Maybe it can help to any guy who dont like this car using default set. I have this investigated data after setup turning using telemetry, analizing  and my own metod of AC camber measuring ( Not CamberExtravaganza app method). Still top secret and continues to improve it in app)  Wink
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:53:21 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 04:37:14 PM +0000 »

i run less camber than default too and i dont find the car as edgy as others report.

Regarding FFB, i found it way too strong when i first got the fanatec gear and struggled for a couple of races. As soon as i dialled it back to about 70% it was a massive improvement and way more realistic compared to my real track driving.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com