The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 06:31:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Zeltweg: February 06, 2019
February 06, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 1:31.008
---
1 40:19.716
---
26 1:32.177
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +0.690
---
2 +13.533
---
26 1:32.308
---
Michelin  
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.314
---
3 +13.803
---
26 1:32.381
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.276
---
4 +25.973
---
26 1:32.133
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +0.524
---
5 +36.528
---
26 1:32.834
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +1.805
---
6 +38.269
---
26 1:33.095
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +1.670
---
7 +1:01.160
---
26 1:33.602
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 11 +3.034
---
8 +1:21.743
---
26 1:34.316
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +2.335
---
9 +1L
---
25 1:33.717
---
Michelin  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +0.856
---
10 +11L
---
15 1:32.660
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 10 +2.611
---
11 +22L
---
4 1:33.533
---
Michelin  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Sutol

---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

---
Michelin  
Ceolmor

---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup Round 3 - Zeltweg - Feb 6  (Read 2446 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 09:08:08 AM +0000 »

B'ah that didnt go to plan. Always happens at a track i have good pace on  Roll Eyes

Dont know why but took me quite a few laps to get into the groove last night whereas tuesday night in practise i was banging in low 31's for fun. Took me late into qually to find that groove but still only managed 4th? albeit by mere tenths.

Race: Got a decent start and headed up to turn 1 on the inside line trying to watch the cars ahead as well as those attacking my rear. But as we entered the corner the green car on my 11 o'clock appeared to cut across me whereas i had been expecting it to take the wider entry (assuming it knew i was there). We just bounced off each other but with the cold tyres it span me inboard, where i was then hit by several other cars charging through.  Cry Not blaming anyone, think it was just several cars arriving at a tight right and i was unlucky getting spun.
Anyway, i was now back of the grid and already 18 seconds behind the front few who's pace i was on. I was gutted as i should have had a race long fight with the top 4  Cry
I lost a lot of time trying to fight my way back up as it was quite hard to get past a few cars here though meant i saw a good bit of racing. I think the car had damage as i struggled to catch cars on the straights. Highest i could hope for was 5th as the front 4 now had 21 secs advantage but there was a gap back to shark in 5th.
I finally caught Shark late in the race in his snazzy skin car and he put up a good chase for several laps until i got past. I then wanted to take it a bit easier as i was borderline on fuel but he was his usual relentless self for a few more laps until he faded back.
I crossed the line with 0.6L onboard  Shocked  so lucky as i guessed the fuel on the grid in a panic at the last second!

Well done to FMG who upped his pace again, and the podium winners  Cool

Only sad point is attendance has dropped right off. We;'ve gone from 19 to 11 in only 3 rounds  Cry  I think these cars are great fun and on a good selection of tracks, so dont get it. surrender  

Oulton Park next Lotus Round !  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:27:21 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

MaxVeloce
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 09:47:40 AM +0000 »

Max, it was so dramatic race, especially at last laps! Thanks for the battle!   
Yeh, was good clean fun...  slightly annoyed at myself for giving you the position back after doing the hard work  Wink

Dont know why but took me quite a few laps to get into the groove last night whereas tuesday night in practise i was banging in low 31's for fun.
ditto,  didn't match my practice pace in qually and my race setup went from ok to too much understeer...   oh well

Only sad point is attendance has dropped right off. We;'ve gone from 19 to 11 in only 3 rounds  Cry  I think these cars are great fun and on a good selection of tracks, so dont get it. surrender
I'm gonna go with it being the car.  It is fun, but as a friend said to me "it has a narrow window" and he didn't mean the windscreen.  Grip grip grip - WOAH we're exiting the track in reverse  Shocked

looking forward to Oulton  Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 10:51:25 AM +0000 »

I'm gonna go with it being the car.  It is fun, but as a friend said to me "it has a narrow window" and he didn't mean the windscreen.  Grip grip grip - WOAH we're exiting the track in reverse  Shocked

Exactly this, it has the MC12 syndrome and we all know how that ended  Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 11:01:25 AM +0000 »

no way this feels like the MC12, that was a dog of a car in AC.  I dont find the Evora anywhere near as edgy and feel you can really push in it. Must be a setup thing.  I find i can race really closely with another car most of the time too. Mid-engine sports cars like the Evora or Cayman do have a reputation for great handling and can be pushed to a limit but when they go they really spin and hard to recover it.
The medium tyres aren't the best on a light car and its hard to get enough heat in them for a whole lap, hence the understeer at some corners, but on the whole i find these cars nice and pointy.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 11:13:19 AM +0000 »

Race: Got a decent start and headed up to turn 1 on the inside line trying to watch the cars ahead as well as those attacking my rear. But as we entered the corner the green car on my 11 o'clock appeared to cut across me whereas i had been expecting it to take the wider entry (assuming it knew i was there).

On my client replay you missed the apex by over a meter  Tongue the other car would have probably missed you otherwise.
Of course I can't be sure how accurate my replay is for your car..

My own race was essentially luck. Jeff wasn't here and Manteos is obviously enjoying these about as much as I am - these cars are about as much fun as being hit by a kipper.
NSFW had good pace but was held up by a bad start and a fight with Max.
We maintained a 2-4 second gap until he span 4 minutes before the end, it was talking all of my concentration to manage the gap so things really weren't easy at the front!

Looking forward to Oulton as that might coax something resembling fun from the Evora..
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 11:19:54 AM +0000 »

I'm gonna go with it being the car.  It is fun, but as a friend said to me "it has a narrow window" and he didn't mean the windscreen.  Grip grip grip - WOAH we're exiting the track in reverse  Shocked

Exactly this, it has the MC12 syndrome and we all know how that ended  Tongue
Absolutely different cars. Evora GTC feels like modern f1 car , MC12 like a jelly.
Our 2 cars ( Alfa GTA and Evora GTC) is diametery opposite cars and need some time to switch between eachother. Laps 30\50\100. To love each again  Smiley This is not case of "relacs in race after work day in 3 laps official practice"  Wink
Evoras calendar is so beautifull and i hope guys will see it and will try to feel this in champ.  

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 11:52:01 AM +0000 »

I dont get the negative feedback for this car, its got sublime handling and good pace. Huh You lot want it all on a plate, you moan if its a mod car, moan if its a kunos car  Roll Eyes 
I tested this car at countless tracks with a full grid to make sure it felt good to race and could race in a pack! The top 4 were separated by mere tenths, which would have been top 6 within 8/10ths with Jeff and normally Matteo. The only guys well off the pace were those who did little or no practise.
Even when i manage to attract 20 racers for a series its usually only about a regular 10 of us who make the effort to practise and make a race of it every week. Sad but true.  Sad

Anyway, Oulton should keep the cars close and racey and everyone knows the circuit well.  Smiley  Guess i'll scrap the idea of making Bathurst and Spa longer race specials  Undecided

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 12:40:00 PM +0000 »

You know why I don't, it doesn't move around - it just spins!
Typical modern Gt, Driver aid settings determine speed. I like stuff you can fight with  Smiley
(plus these also sound pants)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 01:10:36 PM +0000 »

Typical modern Gt, Driver aid settings determine speed. I like stuff you can fight with  Smiley

Ha, you are preaching to the converted!  Tongue i always err towards historic racing where the cars move around and fight you  Grin  but also have to say i really enjoy racing the modern stuff on the ragged edge. We've had some mega racing using gt3, porsche-cup and the more recent TCR's. Plus as we know, its hard to attract more racers to the historics series.  Cry

Agree on the kunos engine sound for the Evora though! one of the first things i did was look for a sound mod from Fonsecker but he hadnt done one, nor anyone else. It needs to sound more raw and more gearbox/diff whine....like all good race cars  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2019, 01:18:54 PM +0000 »

If you wants other sound, use Content Manager and you will be abl to change any car sound by any car sound pressing 2 buttons. Did you guys tryed it? ( i am nearly satisfied by orig evora sound may be just used to )
Mark, how can i see both series overall pilots table of races results? No links in 1st post in both.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:21:29 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2019, 01:24:11 PM +0000 »

Links to the table are available all over the place; look top right where there is a column called series, click on the A14LE series ID. At the top of each page of posts (just above where the results are) it shows the event date, track and the series name. Each are clickable, again the last one shows the table.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2019, 01:32:39 PM +0000 »

Links to the table are available all over the place; look top right where there is a column called series, click on the A14LE series ID. At the top of each page of posts (just above where the results are) it shows the event date, track and the series name. Each are clickable, again the last one shows the table.

Ahh thanks Pete! i always forgot about it!  Smiley
I just remembering the time where this info was in 1st post ( very useful for new members like me )  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:34:42 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2019, 02:33:51 PM +0000 »

yes should be in the race announcement really but it has dropped off at some point.

Championship Table:-
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=670&theme=4

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2019, 03:54:55 PM +0000 »

Race: Got a decent start and headed up to turn 1 on the inside line trying to watch the cars ahead as well as those attacking my rear. But as we entered the corner the green car on my 11 o'clock appeared to cut across me whereas i had been expecting it to take the wider entry (assuming it knew i was there).

That was probably me. I left you plenty of room on the inside. Still sorry, that your race went that way.

FMG already summed up my race pretty well Grin We nearly had the exact same pace, I pushed every lap, but the 4 seconds gap from lap one was still a 2 seconds gap towards the end. Then I pushed just a bit too much and spun once again (this is really following me in this series Cheesy )  I wasn't too frustrated after that, because catching FMG in the last two laps was kinda unrealistic.
When I realized that I also lost P2 und P3, it was rather tragic Grin

Exactly this.
Still a love-hate relationship for me with this car, most of the time it feels quite good and at Mugello and Spielberg it was quite fun to drive until a certain point where everything goes crazy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:58:58 PM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2019, 03:56:44 PM +0000 »

Racing engineer said to me: "If you wants a good risky fight- use softs, but try to be stable!"  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-SZ9H6WwYA

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the video, wish I could drive fast cars like that.

But can I ask, If members do post on You Tube etc, can Simracing.org.uk get a little mention please  I Am Not Worthy

Thank you.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com