The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 02:40:01 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sequential Shifter  (Read 313 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:28 AM +0000 »

This looks like the real deal  Smiley

http://derekspearedesigns.com/2015-dsd-pro-sequential.html?m

anyone got experience of it? reviews seem good and not outrageously priced.

Is it possible to have two shifters installed on your pc or does that just confuse the hell out of sims like AC ?

Anyone got a fanatec shifter?  looks a well made piece but not so sure a dual use shifter will be as good as a dedicated sequential shifter. Undecided

frex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:46:24 PM +0000 »

Anyone got a fanatec shifter?  looks a well made piece but not so sure a dual use shifter will be as good as a dedicated sequential shifter. Undecided

I have no experience of DSD so can't comment on that, but I do have a Fanatec Clubsport shifter which I have used for the last 5 years or so with no issues - it is indeed well built and has been faultless so far. The ease of changing between H-pattern and sequential is nice (just a simple switch), and it feels much more solid, and with a more positive action, than the Thrustmaster TH8 which I have also tried. The one thing I don't like is that the throw in sequential mode is a little too long, but for me this is no big deal, especially as most of my racing (probably about 80%) is with H-pattern. But yes, I'm sure a dedicated sequential shifter would be better in this regard.

I would not have thought multiple shifters would cause a problem, but you may need to go into your Windows hardware setup and disable one or other of them before starting up the sim. I sometime need to disable my wheel when I want to use a gamepad for other gaming for instance. HTH.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:59:20 PM +0000 »

ta Frex, some reviews i read of the Fanatec said the shifter was great in H-pattern but lacked 'the weight' or feel/size for sequential shifting or lacking in positive resistance.  Undecided

The DSD one on the other hand looks almost like a real sequential stick in throw/length and hewn from granite!

I have the TH8A and its pretty good but i do find i can miss a gear too often and its had a habit of gradually slipping off its clamp mount before in a race. The fanatec looks a good step up for a better H-box and more solidly built, would make sense too as all my other kit is high-end Fanatec.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com