The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 03:55:16 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14PORSC Spa: April 14, 2019
April 14, 2019, 02:39:38 AM +0100 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 14 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 2:20.950
---
1 40:57.513
---
17 2:20.980
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.877
---
2 +11.159
---
17 2:21.294
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +1.074
---
3 +29.628
---
17 2:21.794
---
Michelin  
ukrcnalex

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +1.224
---
4 +46.442
---
17 2:21.926
---
Michelin  
Alfrance

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +2.304
---
5 +1:13.344
---
17 2:23.644
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +4.113
---
6 +1:17.919
---
17 2:24.841
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +2.961
---
7 +1:18.043
---
17 2:23.944
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +3.381
---
8 +1:26.050
---
17 2:23.562
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +8.167
---
9 +2:01.841
---
17 2:26.474
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +3.896
---
10 +2:05.698
---
17 2:24.902
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +3.661
---
11 +2:10.192
---
17 2:24.565
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +27:44:19.049
---
12 +2:12.399
---
17 2:23.210
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +6.543
---
13 +1L
---
16 2:25.582
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +1.747
---
14 +14L
---
3 2:24.490
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +4.815
---
DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 PORSCHE 911 GT3 CUP - Spa - Apr 14  (Read 1761 times)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 02:38:48 PM +0100 »

Race was a lot of fun actually, but was anyone else braking and downshifting into Eau Rouge? No? Just me? Okay then.

Now thats a familar name, don't I remember you in the AC races at nogrip a few years back?

anyway, downshift yes, brake no  Grin
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:33 PM +0100 »

Great to see a healthy grid size yesterday thumbup1
Race was good, albeit very lonely for most of the race. I hadn't enough time to do any practice before and started with the default setup, so no chance to follow Max.
But once the Lotus series will be finished this week I can concentrate on this car Evil  Cheesy
Wd to everyone who finished the race and sorry for your bad luck Mark Sad
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 03:34:15 PM +0100 »

My usual woeful attempt to race AC  Roll Eyes Car felt totally different online to the few laps I had offline during the week. Kept spinning out in long corners such as Pouhon with little warning and even piling on lots of rear wing didn't help. Decided I was going to be a liability to anyone around me so quit during quali.

Funny thing is I went and drove a few laps in Raceroom and it also felt very strange, maybe some bad settings somewhere  Huh

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 04:55:51 PM +0100 »

up until my damn connection dropped about 15mins into the race, i was loving it. With Fonseker porsche sounds and the Rift, it felt mighty immersive  Cool  Really recommend installing those sounds for the cupcar, they are spot on.

Goldtop, have you tried installing and running the ffb clip app for AC? It gives suggested ffb gain settings and gives more feel to the wheel imo.
Maybe you have a mixture of old and new drivers on your system? Might be worth a purge and reinstall of your wheel driver software.

This cupcar is pretty sensitive to oversteer, so you do need a bit of stiffer front ARB, softer rear and about 6 wing to keep it from turning around on you too often.

Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 06:56:47 PM +0100 »

Very nice to see many people on the grid,  .... I made a lonely race with some overtakes due to other mistakes or viceversa lost some position for a couple of turnings ... ended p5.

Hope to be available also for next ones

Ciao
Alberto
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 08:59:43 PM +0100 »

I enjoyed that - It was really interesting for me as it was the first car I've driven in a series before and after getting the rift.
During practice on the server I was able to directly compare my pace with my old (2D) best effort, even with my previous race setup I was running over 2 seconds a lap faster Shocked
Anyone contemplating either a triple screen setup or a rift/vive I can now heartily recommend the VR option if that works for any other software you run yes

Annoyingly though, the Rift doesn't encourage you to double check your fuel fill before the race, after re-passing Alberto I looked at my fuel only to discover I was already short by nearly 2 minutes of fuel (despite using the highest gear possible and coasting loads on the daft rolling lap).

As soon as I had a safe gap behind me I had to go straight back into conserving mode for the remaining 30 odd minutes. I finished with 30 seconds fuel to spare sweatdrop

Hopefully next time out I'll actually remember to put enough fuel in!

Just one other thing - As we have such a large grid (For now at least), and it looks a bit drab as a result. Are we going to look at people picking skins?
Most regulars should have the skin pack from last time which was pretty colourful, and I'd love an excuse to drink and drive this beauty:

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 10:05:25 PM +0100 »

Goldtop, have you tried installing and running the ffb clip app for AC? It gives suggested ffb gain settings and gives more feel to the wheel imo.
Maybe you have a mixture of old and new drivers on your system? Might be worth a purge and reinstall of your wheel driver software.

This cupcar is pretty sensitive to oversteer, so you do need a bit of stiffer front ARB, softer rear and about 6 wing to keep it from turning around on you too often.

Not sure what's causing the problems MJ but it only seems to be when I'm online.....just tried a few laps with similar track settings and tyre blankets off etc and it felt fine  Huh I'll reinstall my wheel's drivers and see if that helps.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 10:30:50 PM +0100 »

Now thats a familar name, don't I remember you in the AC races at nogrip a few years back?

Yes that was me. Wasn't it you that started up the AC section and organised those early races? I was mainly racing GTL back then, now Raceroom (and still occasionally wrestling with AC!).
MaxVeloce
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 03:15:49 PM +0100 »

Wasn't it you that started up the AC section and organised those early races?

Guilty  Smiley

Until I joined here earlier this year I havn't raced properly since those nogrip races - lucky I saved a bookmark when I think it was Stefan mentioned this place all those years ago!
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 06:08:50 PM +0100 »

Mmmm, yeah. I wish I never told  you... Now I am back even further!  Grin

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 06:36:45 PM +0100 »

Just one other thing - As we have such a large grid (For now at least), and it looks a bit drab as a result. Are we going to look at people picking skins?
Most regulars should have the skin pack from last time which was pretty colourful, and I'd love an excuse to drink and drive this beauty:

great skin FMG  Cool and yes I thought that too when I noticed the whole grid of white Porsche corporate skins! Especially with a rift, its hard to pick out your favoured foes without them being in a stand out skin!  I was thoroughly enjoying watching you and Alex S duking it out just ahead of me, but I could never tell who had the upper hand as both cars looked the same and no name tags in VR.  Tongue

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 11:31:33 PM +0100 »

great skin FMG  Cool and yes I thought that too when I noticed the whole grid of white Porsche corporate skins! Especially with a rift, its hard to pick out your favoured foes without them being in a stand out skin!  I was thoroughly enjoying watching you and Alex S duking it out just ahead of me, but I could never tell who had the upper hand as both cars looked the same and no name tags in VR.  Tongue

I have not looked into skinpacks before and don't really have the time at the moment, does it just involve modifying the driver file or is there more to it than that? if someone wants to volunteer to sort it out post in this thread or message me Smiley

FYI - This sundays race announcement will be up tomorrow now as i have run out of time today, it is going to be GT3's at Vallelunga
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:34:51 PM +0100 by SRW » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 05:32:03 AM +0100 »

great skin FMG  Cool and yes I thought that too when I noticed the whole grid of white Porsche corporate skins! Especially with a rift, its hard to pick out your favoured foes without them being in a stand out skin!  I was thoroughly enjoying watching you and Alex S duking it out just ahead of me, but I could never tell who had the upper hand as both cars looked the same and no name tags in VR.  Tongue

Just to underline your point, that was actually Alberto Tongue (s-tracker should tell you who is infront)

Yes, the driver file would need editing. It's exactly the same as you did for the V8's.
Only difference is you'd have to ask Picnic nicely if he'd chuck any new skins onto the server.

I'd offer to help, but haven't even seen a drivers file before...
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 07:34:18 AM +0100 »

Only difference is you'd have to ask Picnic nicely if he'd chuck any new skins onto the server.
No you don't, skins are purely a local thing. Everyone has to have them locally to see them but the server does not need them.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com