The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:41:20 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Road Atlanta: March 06, 2019
March 06, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000 - Road Atlanta (Full 2007+) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 1:21.335
---
1 40:13.507
---
29 1:22.421
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +1.008
---
2 +14.087
---
29 1:22.721
---
Michelin  
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.186
---
3 +15.860
---
29 1:22.329
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +1.285
---
4 +1:10.295
---
29 1:23.489
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +1.745
---
5 +1:11.315
---
29 1:23.670
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 10 +3.841
---
6 +1:16.535
---
29 1:23.802
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +1.180
---
7 +1:17.939
---
29 1:23.228
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +1.821
---
8 +1:26.929
---
29 1:23.395
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +3.257
---
9 +1L
---
28 1:25.805
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 11 +5.126
---
10 +3L
---
26 1:24.583
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +2.898
---
11 +7L
---
22 1:24.591
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup Round 5 - Road Atlanta - Mar 6  (Read 1766 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 09:37:57 PM +0000 »

Jeez Max, nice time  Shocked blitzed me  Sad

MaxVeloce
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 09:56:44 PM +0000 »

idk why it doesn't say, but that was softs on  Grin

LOL, it didn't last long, fmg is on it tonight...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:32:56 PM +0000 by MaxVeloce » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 08:38:19 AM +0000 »

B'ah, i'll be bridesmaid to you flying 3 again  Cry  mind you if i'd done another 20 laps i'd be in the 21's  whistling

should be good fun this eve  Smiley

Driver List:-  (as far as i know)

MJ - Battery_Tender Skin
FMG - Team_Penske_Miller_Lite car (White)
Spanner - Marc VDS Silver & yellow
Stefan - BiArt #15 (gold) skin
Nfsw - JetAlliance_11065IL_Spa  #65
Sutol - JVC
Shark - gtc_Keyloggs
Bob - Quartz_Silver
Goldtop - Motorsport_Green_Cosworth
Jaari (L4DE) - Berk Technology
Kdiesel - BiART #07
Ceolmor - Gulf
Max Veloce - #114_bbr
Alexey Luzin - Phantom Black
SRW - Playseat Fanatec

Championship standings, still pretty tight after 4 rounds, though Mr super consistency FMG is stretching his lead :-

1   FullMetalGasket   73.0            
2   nfsw55      54.0            
3   Baikal      51.0         
4   Manteos      44.0             
5   MaxVeloce      40.0            
6   Mark J      38.0         
7   Jeffrey      25.0                 
8   Simon Gymer   24.0             
9   Postal                18.0            
10   KDiesel      12.0         
11   Bob      8.0                 
12   L4de      8.0         
13   spanner     6.0            
14   Sutol      2.0   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:27:37 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 09:22:24 AM +0000 »

Mark, please, do not exclude me from server list. I am going better, will try to join the race  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 01:02:50 PM +0000 »

I will be on the grid tonight
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 03:24:13 PM +0000 »

To Alexey and SRW, good work gents  thumbup1  see you on the grid  Smiley

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 04:24:37 PM +0000 »

Dont think i'll be turning up, find the car a little too unpredictable on the front end

That's the spirit...    hang
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 05:56:23 AM +0000 »

What a race!  Wink
Qualified 6th far away from my best.
Have a good start on softs ( softs was a mistake for race here) , winning 2 positions from Mark and Stefan  Tongue
After that i had intence race with Max, Simon, Mark and Stefan. These guys (one after one) was in front of me or well looking in my mirrors a whole 1st half of race.  
This track historically a big dilemma for me- i've raced this 3 times and each time i had a wrong vision of turn passing and gears using  Embarrassed
Because of that i was like a moving chicane for Max at first laps after his crash and return to my rear end  Cheesy Because of that i had so intence race with others too  Grin
To the end of race had a bad health due flu, lost some concentration and make some not fatal mistakes. Stefan has a more better stability and fast approached to me from behind. In last lap i've lost my rear and brake fo recovering, has car contact with him , returned pos to him and has a congratulations for deserved victory over me  thumbup2
I've recorded Q laps from Max and NFSW to learn this tech better.
NFS tonights was a true hero! Congratulation with win! Incredible pace! Send me a race setup for learning please!
Max, you have a great catching battle with fmg in last laps, i see, but you forgot that in target to pass fmg you''ll immediatelly find your carma in next turn! It's was done! Do not it next time!  lol You''ll just forget to press left paddle once  w00t

Here is my short ( 17 min  Cheesy) onboard highlights. All interesting things is in the front of me but in virtual mirror too  Cheesy
https://youtu.be/JyZKBkL-J6o  

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:47:21 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 10:18:33 AM +0000 »

I was really looking forward to this race as i love this track but in the end it turned into a mare  Cry

I enjoyed the qually battle with FMG, Stefan and Alexey (max and nfsw were too quick!) I held 3rd until near the end then i got a disco so was unable to combat the few tenths that fmg eeked out over me  taz

Race start i was gazumped by two flying cars from behind me! I really need to adjust my clutch pedal as its costing me positions every race  Lips Sealed
It was intense fun for a few laps then i noticed i was going backwards from 4th down to 7th as the penny dropped that several guys were on softs and had a lot more grip and wing in the early stages surrender  My mediums were rubbish here, just getting no heat into the front but i doubt i could have got softs to last.
I got back to 4th or 5th chasing Alexey after simon and stefan fell over the kerbs (actually thought simon had new sponsors of a lawn cutting firm the amount times he took to the grass  Grin ) but after a few laps all over the back of Alexey i got slightly blindsided to those nasty saw-tooth kerbs on the exit of the uphill left and it pitched me into a spin, losing 3 places and 15 seconds  Cry
It took me an age to recover and catch the guys ahead but i got past Kimi to take me back to 6th? only to come across a stranded car at the tricky sector 1 downhill chicane. The car was offline but it was enough for me to miss my brake point and take too much kerb resulting in a second spin and losing my hard won position  death
So I set off yet again in pursuit knowing a few ahead were on softs and must be starting to really struggle. Alas my med rears were now also yellow so i wasnt as fast as earlier so it took a lot of laps to close them right down. I pressured Simon for a couple of laps and he went off grass cutting again at T1 and Kimi finished just ahead of me at the flag. A couple more laps and i would have bagged him too!

So overall a lot of hard work to just get 7th at the end, tyres were rubbish the whole race. Got to say i like the new strategy element that has crept in where guys take a gamble on softs or meds. If i hadnt had my two spins i might have finished 4th with the extra grip (albeit crappy cold mediums!)  i had over the worn out soft runners.

Big congrats to NFSW with his amazing pace here, and the podium finishers  I Am Not Worthy

Out of interest, is it possible to have the tyre compound added to the race results table? Would be nice to see who ran meds or softs in the race.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:37:41 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 01:57:34 PM +0000 »

Out of interest, is it possible to have the tyre compound added to the race results table? Would be nice to see who ran meds or softs in the race.
Just checked and the exported results do include the tyre compound as a single letter, M/S etc. You'll need to ask Dave to update the imported to include it and the results HTML code to display it. I don't think this has cropped up before.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 02:47:32 PM +0000 »

Thanks Pete, guess its more handy for Endurance racing results but also for a strategy option for series like this. No biggie though, if Daves bored he could kindly do it for us  Wink.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 03:12:50 PM +0000 »

A bad race from me, brought upon by my own mistakes...

On lap 2 I dropped it exiting the chicane and bounced off the bridge quite had with the front end, dropping behind Alexey and then also Mark down the straight to T1.  I had a good T1 though, got a nice run on Mark and went around the outside of T2 over the crest and took the inside for T3, back up to P4.  Then I got stuck behind Alexey for several laps before making it past and trying to chase down the leaders.  My car had developed some nasty understeer in slow turns, especially T7 and the last chicane - maybe a result of hitting the bridge, and it was a struggle.  I caught FMG near the end and pulled a nice move down the inside of T6 only to throw it off the track at T7 and give the place back (never go full potato!)...

Finished 3rd, not so bad I guess considering.

Alexey the roadblock, you were scary slow in T3 (a gear too low I think looking at the vid), I almost took you out the first time as I didn't expect that speed through there  Shocked
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 03:54:00 PM +0000 »

Alexey the roadblock, you were scary slow in T3 (a gear too low I think looking at the vid), I almost took you out the first time as I didn't expect that speed through there  Shocked
Yes i am! Tongue  Undecided  I need learn this track from scratch next time  with new view to gears and setup Smiley My main style is mostly "Slow in - Fast out" is not suited here. This track need to bring more speed into turns. When i passed you after your bridge crash i've take a desigion to see how fast you  will drive behind me because yours possible car damage. So, in result, you still was faster  Wink   But i've present to you a possibility to have fun to catch 2 leaders a whole race  Cheesy Great thanks Max for patience!  Smiley
Three leaders group has a very good understanding of RAtlanta.    
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:22:41 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 04:01:01 PM +0000 »

Finally a race without any incidents for me Smiley
I quite like this track layout , although it also has some tricky sections like the uphill left hander or the banked corner before the back straight. But the most important rule for this track: keep away from the kerbs.
Qualified in P1, not my PB but those soft tires overheated very fast for me, so I was happy with the result. Start was good, but Max followed me closely. But after a few laps I was a bit lucky when Max fell off the road, otherwise I'm sure it would have been a fierce battle between us two like at Oulton Park.
After that I had a decent and increasing gap to P2, so I didn't risk anything and brought it home safely.

Special thanks to SRW, Jari and Bob for letting me by fast and safe thumbup1

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:38:08 PM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
MaxVeloce
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 04:19:57 PM +0000 »

Special thanks to SRW, Jari and Bob for letting me by fast and safe thumbup1

I'll second that,  I've only had a few races with you guys but backmarkers have always been very attentive and move over in safe places, thanks guys  thumbup2
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com