The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 12:20:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom 2019 Thursdays  (Read 901 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 03:25:46 PM +0000 »

Would be nice if there was some definition of "soon"
Doesn't matter next week or the week after, but I need to plan...

Those old Le Mans type cars would make a great series that I personally
could get excited about, or, if they are undrivable the 964 porka would be a good alternative
Zakspeed Capri is the "if everything else fails" option. The first event for the porka etc series
might have to be a Capri event if those cars are not yet released.

Tony has kindly created our next 3 series already  thumbup1
So I will start to populate the events. They will be 6 events per series again
may take me a couple of weeks to put all the events in.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 04:12:10 PM +0100 »

We have a new series starting August for the Group C cars, I just love 'em.
Very fast, a little in the style of the Group 5 cars, only faster, and easier to drive, with plenty of
setup options for those who want to. Not sure what the other 2 series will be yet. I was hoping to use the
Pork 934, but it is still undrivable IMHO, the 964 is brill, so why they can't get the 934 right is beyond me.
Any shout outs for 2 series to go with the Group C? I like the GTR4 cars very much, they make superb
close racing. I will default to a Zakspeed Capri as one, unless someone talks me out of it  Roll Eyes

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 04:50:02 PM +0100 »

Might be worth giving the Group 5 cars another look as I believe they received some BoP in the last big update.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/page-6#post-175010

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 05:09:50 PM +0100 »

What is BoP?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:52 PM +0100 »

What is BoP?
Balance of Power (making the cars competitive with each other)

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 05:35:31 PM +0100 »

We have run the 92DTM/Touring Classics a couple of times recently excluding the Nissan, so how about a one make Nissan Skyline series.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 05:43:32 PM +0100 »

Also note this from todays update:

Dedicated server - BETA - Added Car and User weight ballast. We couldn't fully test on full servers given the small size of the betatesting team, so please let us know of any bug you may encounter.

That may indicate if the BoP in Grp 5 still isn't spot on, we could add our own ballast to even out the differences? That might open up a whole range of new cars to drive against eachother - I'd prefer that to a single make Capri series.  I know that means some testing, but I'd be happy to take on some of that if it helps.

We have run the 92DTM/Touring Classics a couple of times recently excluding the Nissan, so how about a one make Nissan Skyline series.

Yes I like the Skyline, but I know it's not everyone's favourite. Maybe with ballast we could also start including the Skyline with the rest of the group again?
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 06:37:08 PM +0100 »

I will go with the flow, but to me, the Skyline feels wrong. It floats about like it's not connected
to the road somehow. If people fancy a spec series with it though, I will do it.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 07:00:26 PM +0100 »

I will go with the flow, but to me, the Skyline feels wrong. It floats about like it's not connected
to the road somehow. If people fancy a spec series with it though, I will do it.

I must admit I haven't driven it, so if it is a bit odd then maybe it would not be popular.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 04:42:20 PM +0100 »

I must admit I haven't driven it, so if it is a bit odd then maybe it would not be popular.

Not a car I’ve tried - happy with my Beemer!  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com