The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 11:19:28 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A12 Sebring: March 10, 2019
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC SPECIAL EVENT - Sebring - Mar 10  (Read 1322 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 06:45:16 PM +0000 »

I have updated the server. I will not have a chance to try it until tomorrow morning. Please post here if you find any problems logging on before then
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 09:27:32 PM +0000 »

Works for me.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 07:57:30 AM +0000 »

From offline testing worth standard setups the Vette is quickest, followed by the Fez, then the beemer.
There's about a second between each car.

I've done some work on the bm now to make it roughly as quick as the Ferrari, but of course, I can probably do the same with the Ferrari....
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 09:38:03 AM +0000 »

From offline testing worth standard setups the Vette is quickest, followed by the Fez, then the beemer.
There's about a second between each car.

I've done some work on the bm now to make it roughly as quick as the Ferrari, but of course, I can probably do the same with the Ferrari....

@FMG Do you think this is because the Vette suits this track better than the other two?

Havent managed a single lap of practice yet  Sad real life getting in the way as usual. Hopefully I will be able to do a few laps before the server reset at 7:45pm tonight
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 09:46:55 AM +0000 »

god no - I think it's because it's nearly 5 years newer than the other 2! Cheesy

Beemer is oldest of the lot and therefore slowest.
The Vette actually needs to be driven correctly (I.e. less revs) to go really fast, fez and beemer seem to like revs though.
A lot of it is in being brave and trusting the traction control, once you've set it up right at least.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 03:58:33 PM +0000 »

For those running stock sounds.

Improved upgrades (based on my own testing through the Rift headphones) are as follows:

'Vette
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-sound-mod.24847/
Fantastic off throttle rumbling and banging Cool

Ferrari
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-458-gt2-gte-sound-mod.24999/
(there's also a version in the fonseker packs if you prefer that)

BMW
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bmw-m3-gt2-sound-mod.5672/
This is a very old Fonseker sound. It's not as polished or balanced as his later works but transforms the sound of the car so I heartily recommend it.
Be warned though - it's VERY loud incar if you have headphones! Shocked
Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 07:47:19 PM +0000 »

Hi guys … I'll make this one, even very slowly  Wink

see you on track

Alberto
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:25 PM +0000 »

Good fun that, enjoyed racing the rumbling v8 around Sebring. The Vettes and fezzas looked and sounded amazing  Cool
Only turned up with 16 secs before race start so had to fight my way up the grid from last to 2nd which was good fun. . But then noticed I had very little time left of the pitstop window and hadn’t made a stop here before  Shocked I stopped for 5L splash but then stupidly sat there for about 10 seconds waiting to go only to realise I just had to accelerate  Hit with a wet fish (been a long time since a pit stop  Embarrassed )
So I finished annoyingly 5th  Roll Eyes
Good race  Smiley

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:43 AM +0000 »

That was fun indeed. Lovely car this Vette. I did some minor tweaking on the setup, so i am sure there is a lot more to gain. No suprise that i was not really fast in qually. Grid looked very good from behind though!

Had to find my way a bit around the track, and MJ was herassing me lap after lap. So after i went a bit wide into the last turn, i decided to see if i could let MJ tow me around for a bit.
Car felt very stable so we could put in good laps without mistakes. After my pitstop i saw a car exiting the pit lane and assumed it was MJ. Turned out to be FMG. Only he had much more pace and all i could do was trying to keep my gap to Larry who was plenty fast. MJ was nowere to be seen. I assumed he had to take in a lot of fuel.

Good racing all around and lots of fun driving these cars. I am up for some more of these.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:18:50 PM +0000 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 12:26:39 PM +0000 »

Long time from last race, I was quicker than expected... P4!!... and p3 in qualy!
Really a great fun

Made a couple of  mistakes, avoiding these maybe the podium was possible.

Cheers
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 01:11:25 PM +0000 »

I enjoyed getting back into the GT2/GTE's. It was good to see a decent turnout as well!

I am planning on using these cars (+ a GTE Porsche that I have been told is hidden away in one of the DLC's) for a mini enduro series later in the year when the Sunday night Pork series are finished.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com