The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:12:48 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14AG Laguna Seca: March 13, 2019
March 13, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKAC Season 14 Alfa GTA
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 1 1:47.597
---
1 20:03.827
---
11 1:47.722
---
Dunlop  
Max .

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 2 +0.474
---
2 +8.883
---
11 1:48.181
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 3 +1.084
---
3 +13.101
---
11 1:48.793
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 4 +2.016
---
4 +23.715
---
11 1:49.485
---
Dunlop  
KDiesel

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 6 +2.084
---
5 +24.022
---
11 1:49.165
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 7 +3.300
---
6 +30.342
---
11 1:49.422
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 5 +2.079
---
7 +32.782
---
11 1:49.115
---
Dunlop  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 8 +3.462
---
8 +1:30.043
---
11 1:50.506
---
Dunlop  
L4de

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 9 +3.862
---
9 +8L
---
3 1:52.152
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} ---
---
Dunlop  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
---
Dunlop  
Sutol

---
Dunlop  
March 13, 2019, 09:00:00 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKAC Season 14 Alfa GTA
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 3 1 20:08.975
---
11 1:47.881
---
Dunlop  
Baikal

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 9 2 +16.758
---
11 1:49.483
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 8 3 +17.583
---
11 1:49.785
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 5 4 +23.481
---
11 1:48.986
---
Dunlop  
Max .

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 4 5 +25.107
---
11 1:48.120
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 6 6 +28.576
---
11 1:49.765
---
Dunlop  
KDiesel

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 7 7 +3L
---
8 1:50.095
---
Dunlop  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 10 8 +6L
---
5 1:50.451
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Dunlop  
L4de

Alfa Romeo GTA {unknown} 2 ---
---
Dunlop  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
---
Dunlop  
Ceolmor

---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
---
Dunlop  
Sutol

---
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Alfa GTA Cup - Round 5 - Laguna Seca - Mar 13  (Read 1574 times)
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 09:01:15 AM +0000 »

I was looking forward to this race. Worked hard on my setup and my lines and was returning some decent times (well for me anyway). Unfortunately got hit by a drink driver on the way back from the Gym and didn't get back in til 9.15pm.

Still learning so be patient
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 09:10:43 AM +0000 »

Although the racing was fun and for the most part close action, i struggled to enjoy myself as much last night. I was struggling with eye strain after a long day and To be honest i let it get to me that people have stopped bothering turning up and its ruined the series as a spectacle. When i spent a lot of time testing these cars (and the Evoras) it was always with a grid of approx 15 cars and both cars had the potential for a great series with good close racing for all skills, but now with so many regulars crying off we are left with meagre grids for both series. Both ends of the grid are affected as whether you are quick or a bit slower you now have less guys to race and so less and less turn up each week. Sad
I'm thinking of benching this Alfa series after round 6 which is Monza '66 before we are down to only 6 racers  Roll Eyes unless enough people want to continue until round 8?
(dont read that as a rant as it isnt, more just disapointment, everyones entitled to decide if they want to race or not, and i very much appreciate those who do turn up and race each week)  Smiley  but i dont want to flog a dead horse.  Undecided

As others mentioned, these cars were great for Laguna's twists and hills, a full grid would have been a total hoot, but even with 8 or 9 of us the action was close, fast and furious, especially race 2! More position changes than a MotoGP race!  Shocked  
Race 1 saw quite a few position changes too and i enjoyed a few dices and at the end i got frantic as my tyres went off and Kimi hunted me down relentlessly! Only taking a defensive line into the final corner saved my hard earned 4th.  Smiley
Race 2 was amazing for the first 10 mins, like wacky racers! Grin eventually it all shook out but i dropped down the order after a mistake at the first uphill left and then enjoyed watching Max and Fabri duke it out for the rest of the race. Finished 6th i think.

FMG was imperious as always up front  I Am Not Worthy  what springs are you running?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 09:13:13 AM +0000 »

Sorry I was hoping to race last night but other things got in the way, I still hope to do the remaining rounds.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 09:46:03 AM +0000 »

Mark, dont worry about me, for example. I'll here till the end of series anyway Smiley Main fun for me is to be in fights with guys and i got it every round. Sometime i loves Evoras and GTA , sometimes i hate it. Our battle with you continues  , you dont relacs  Cheesy
But i am in hope that next series will be more user friendly for ppl and more popular. But may be i'll take a brake, due real life reason, not sure will see  Smiley  

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 11:41:05 AM +0000 »

its a little sad at the dwindling grids,  I'm not sure why as its a great car to drive  Huh

Anyway, this round didn't go my way, in race 1 I went full potato again and dropped it into the corkscrew, by the time I'd recovered to 2nd fmg was long gone and there wasn't much to do but bring it home.

Race 2 lol,  I saw Mark go wide into T5 and though there was going be a gap but it disappeared and I ended up in the dirt and good way back from the pack. I struggled back and then coming through the pack had a minor ding dong with Kimi down the hill between t9 / t10 (sorry!) After that the car never felt quite right...

oh well, onto the next one  Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 03:43:09 PM +0000 »

I asked several times to Thomas to join us in races, but unfortunately he doesn't seem too much interested. This is a real shame, because Thomas is one of the fastest pilots I've ever seen and also very regular/consistent in race. For some reason he prefers racing in open servers. I hope he will join us, almost for one time.

I agree with Mark, unfortunately some pilots have left the series. This means FMG alone in front, this is no fun. Only Max can fight him, but if like yesterday, he has troubles, FMG remains alone and obviously gets bored of racing like that. A shame that Matteo and Jeffrey left.

I am not very competitive with this car, but this is not a real problem.
This format is the main problem for me. It is absolutely not my cup of tea, but in any case I preferred to keep racing to honor the series.
I hope in next series with medium/long races.

PS: unfortunately I'm pretty limited in taste, I only like F1 and prototypes of '60-'70s.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 06:55:52 PM +0000 by Fabri Fibra » Logged
MaxVeloce
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:41 PM +0000 »

PS: unfortunately I'm pretty limited in taste, I only like F1 and prototypes of '60-'70s.  Smiley

I also love those older cars, I think they are my favorites in the game and such a riot to drive hard. I'll drive pretty much anything though with the exception of some of the modern road cars other than on odd occasions.

Talking of driving and I know fmg said it before, but I saw a few cars on the grid last night that were running way too low ride height at the back - this ruins the handling of the alfa and gives major understeer, you need to keep the ride height pretty close to the default setup for it to work well, regardless of spring rate  Wink
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 06:17:44 PM +0000 »

I was looking forward to this race. Worked hard on my setup and my lines and was returning some decent times (well for me anyway). Unfortunately got hit by a drink driver on the way back from the Gym and didn't get back in til 9.15pm.

Shocked
Hope you're ok?

Mark, I think the front springs are roughly standard and the rears a little stiffer.
I have been varying it to suit each track though, and occasionally adjust ride height too - so I'd have to check if you really want to know..
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 07:11:02 PM +0000 »

Any idea why Thomas (I assume that's 'our' Thomas) practised but didn't join us? Based on his times he would presumably enjoy these.

This Thomas is a friend of mine, he is Norwegian. Absolutely a fast pilot.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 08:38:00 PM +0000 »

Thomas quite often sets times in our practice servers and I have chatted to him before. He seems a nice guy and is quick but didn’t take up the offer when I mentioned our races  Sad

I’m surprised that so many dropped out of this series, the cars are simple to setup and easy to race closely. Put TCR on and we get 20 drivers  Roll Eyes Tongue. I thought we had all bases covered running a modern and a classic series alternately but people seem to want the imaginary perfect car combo...or have the attention span of a goldfish  Grin

I want to run a lairy series like CanAm or f1 60’s/70’s but will we only get 5 racers ?! Maybe in tandem with a modern spec series like the CaymanGT4  Undecided. That or we can run another TCR Series using the improved mod.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com